malego77

Without him in Saint Valentine's Day

32 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

What day is from Valentine's Day in US? In Mexico is on February 14th... Now I'm in US and my husband won't be here with me. I am going to stay very sad. Why is difficult not to miss him? I'm not feel good, I'm depressed. The AOS process and not to have him are some things that are killing me :(

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

February 14th in the US. You are not alone. This is our 3rd Valentines Day we will spend apart. God willing, it will be our last.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

February 14th in the US. You are not alone. This is our 3rd Valentines Day we will spend apart. God willing, it will be our last.

Ditto that

Love timeline:

??? 2003 -------> Started chatting regularly, became good friends

Nov 2004 -------> Fell in love

Jan 2006 -------> Met (in person) for first time

Apr 2008 -------> Wedding

Jun 2008 -------> Closed on house together

K-1 timeline:

Jun 11, 2007 -------> I-129f sent

Mar 20, 2008 -------> Visa in hand

AoS/EAD/AP timeline:

Apr 26, 2008 -------> Wedding

Apr 28, 2008 -------> Filed (forms mailed)

Apr 30, 2008 -------> Forms received by USCIS

May 06, 2008 -------> Cashed check posted to account

May 10, 2008 -------> NOA1 received for EAD, AP, and AoS

May 10, 2008 -------> Biometrics appt date received

May 28, 2008 -------> Biometrics for EAD & AoS

Jun 11, 2008 -------> AoS case transferred to CSC

Jul 05, 2008 -------> AP Approval

Jul 09, 2008 -------> EAD approval

Jul 14, 2008 -------> EAD and AP received

Jul 17, 2008 -------> AoS approved (card production ordered)

Now for my obnoxious signature Meez©:

0605_10033471973.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

After awhile, you think you get used to it, but you don't. Every holiday, every occasion, it still hurts.

The other day I was in the hospital and a man sat down near me who looked so much like my fiance. I just started crying right then and there, and was not able to control the tears.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
What day is from Valentine's Day in US? In Mexico is on February 14th... Now I'm in US and my husband won't be here with me. I am going to stay very sad. Why is difficult not to miss him? I'm not feel good, I'm depressed. The AOS process and not to have him are some things that are killing me

Febuary 14th in the US too.

Well if this helps last year I was still in Germany and was not able to spend Valentine's day with him either(we where still waiting for the K1 Visa)

Infact this year its gonna be our fist Valentine's day ever together :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Am I the only one who doesn't see Valentine's Day as a big deal?

I'm sorry you have to be apart - we went through that and I know how hard it is. I suggest trying to see V-day as just another day, as just another way for Hallmark and restaurants to make money...

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm sorry you have to be apart - we went through that and I know how hard it is. I suggest trying to see V-day as just another day, as just another way for Hallmark and restaurants to make money...

I don't see it as that big a deal.

But, remembering missing my husband way back when, it's still kind of a raw wound.

Now that he's here, we celebrate it symbolically. But, in the whole scheme of things, it's just another day.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

yeah this will be our second valentine's apart from one another...but what can you do?? :) to me...it is not about one day in the year...it is about celebrating that love every single day of the year...apart or together...in sickness or in health...in good times or bad times :) valentine's is one day...just think of all the days you will spend together in the future loving one another inshAllah :) may we all be reunited with our loved one soon :) it is rough...but Allah is with us and will get us through it :)

whatever it takes...or how my heart breaks...i will be right here waiting for you... 636.gif

this will be our 3rd valentines day as couple also.... and just like you said, God willing, this will be our last... its sad but I am jut lifting my heart with the thought that at least, we will surely be together come christmas this year and that we will be saying "i do's" very very soon! :dance: ... and of course, we will be spending valentines locked in our separate rooms (in the opposite side of the earth) chatting online with each other, with wine and other effects... (he'll have his own bottle of wine, and i'll have mine) well be toasting on cam! perfect online date :luv:

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

You aren't alone in this logic. -_-

It's a day to waste money! They see you coming.

Make every day "Valentine's Day"

You don't need to spend 100 bucks on roses, buy huge amounts of chocolates wrapped in red velvet heart shaped boxes or shell out 150+ bucks on a 45 minute meal in a crowded restaurant full of people doing the same exact thing.

Do something romantic any day, it doesn't have to be on that particular, corporate scam day.

I think it's more romantic anyway to be romantic on a non expected day....

:)

/end rant. :lol:

To the OP, I'm sorry you are missing your sweetie...I'm sure you'll see him soon and you'll be together once more.

Best of luck to you (F)

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

The problem isn't the Valentine day. The biggest problem is that I miss him every day, every hour, every milisecond...

Valentine's Day is "just another day" for us, as we both DESPISE the holiday!!

However, with hearts and romantic whatnots everywhere you turn (in stores, on TV, etc), it is just a reminder that your sweetheart is thousands of miles away... Just because we don't "celebrate" doesn't mean the separation isn't harder during this time....

Love timeline:

??? 2003 -------> Started chatting regularly, became good friends

Nov 2004 -------> Fell in love

Jan 2006 -------> Met (in person) for first time

Apr 2008 -------> Wedding

Jun 2008 -------> Closed on house together

K-1 timeline:

Jun 11, 2007 -------> I-129f sent

Mar 20, 2008 -------> Visa in hand

AoS/EAD/AP timeline:

Apr 26, 2008 -------> Wedding

Apr 28, 2008 -------> Filed (forms mailed)

Apr 30, 2008 -------> Forms received by USCIS

May 06, 2008 -------> Cashed check posted to account

May 10, 2008 -------> NOA1 received for EAD, AP, and AoS

May 10, 2008 -------> Biometrics appt date received

May 28, 2008 -------> Biometrics for EAD & AoS

Jun 11, 2008 -------> AoS case transferred to CSC

Jul 05, 2008 -------> AP Approval

Jul 09, 2008 -------> EAD approval

Jul 14, 2008 -------> EAD and AP received

Jul 17, 2008 -------> AoS approved (card production ordered)

Now for my obnoxious signature Meez©:

0605_10033471973.gif