35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Well as ababdoned, I went to the police. It took them about 10 minutes to find her. She went to Canada. Don't know where that leaves me or USCIS. Maybe Tito has some ideas. Hard to believe that after 2 years of knowing someone so intimately, she would disappear in one afternoon with no warning. I think there is something to the Russian networt theory. She had to have had help. AND, the worst part, I want her back!!! STUPID i guess

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Well as ababdoned, I went to the police. It took them about 10 minutes to find her. She went to Canada. Don't know where that leaves me or USCIS. Maybe Tito has some ideas. Hard to believe that after 2 years of knowing someone so intimately, she would disappear in one afternoon with no warning. I think there is something to the Russian networt theory. She had to have had help. AND, the worst part, I want her back!!! STUPID i guess

Ya, STUPID :bonk:

But seriously, you should inform USCIS of what has happened and get a divorce ASAP.

You should take action to protect yourself with USCIS assistance. Schedule an Infopass appointment now and set the record straight!

Something needs to be said about her departure from US soil. Clearly, this action is not consistent with the last thread.

In any case, all the best to you going forward.

I would think that, if she left the country before getting a green card, she'll have a hard time coming back in UNLESS she (a) wants to, and/or (B) got permission to travel already. If she is gone, then the departure would be tantamount to abandoning (!!!) the immigration process you started, and that would, as a consequence, mean that the "declaration of support" would be a nullity. Nevertheless, I would DEFINITELY pull the plug on the declaration of support by way of correspondence to that effect:

(i) you disavow the affidavit of support from its inception;

(ii) such that it is and always has been a nullity

Be sure to include on the correspondence: (i) name; (ii) country; (iii) A-Number; (iv) K-1 Visa Number; (v) her Russian passport number; (vi) case number from a Notice of Action; and (vii) any other identifying information.

Send it everywhere you ever had contact...where you submitted the application, all the places that touched it, including, but not limited to, sources of Notices of Action, where you did your interview (if you did one), National Benefits Center, and anyplace else.

Want her back, eh? I know what you're going through...after all that work, sacrifice, emotion, dedication, commitment, money...you're SURE you can make it work! I admire your courage and fortitude, but (NOTE: I AM TRYING TO BE POLITICALLY CORRECT HERE...), it's likely to be the case that the only time you'll hear from her is if and when she needs money. Emotion, love, feelings, compassion, will not likely be a factor, so be a bit suspicious of sweet-talk. If she really DOES love you and want the relationship, she'll stick by you and be around. If not, she tries to sweet talk you and it doesn't work and she leaves, consider yourself lucky that she didn't sink her claws deeper into you before doing the exact same thing when she's good and ready.

Chances of rehabilitation of a relationship like this, given the totality of the circumstances, seem to me to be very, very sllight. Good luck! Go see a lawyer immediately. Check your personal message, too.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I agree that you had better notify someone right away. What i would like to know is how the police found out about her leaving so quickly , and where she went. They are not on the DHS data bank so they would not have any access to the coming's and going's of individuals at the borders, or any information at all about her unless she had commited a crime. where did the info come from ?? can you expand a little on that AL :help::help:

05/27/06 / Marriage

07/17/07 / I-130 sent

07/19/07 / NOA1

12/11/07 / NOA2

12/27/07 / NVC

01/14/08 / DS-3032 and AOS bill generated

01/15/08 / E-mailed DS-3032

01/16/08 / DS-3032 accepted and entered

01/18/08 / AOS payment sent

02/02/08 / I-864 received

02/04/08 / I-864 sent

02/07/08 / IV Bill received

02/07/08 / IV bill sent

03/02/08 / DS-230 sent

03/14/08 / CASE COMPLETE

I agree that you had better notify someone right away. What i would like to know is how the police found out about her leaving so quickly , and where she went. They are not on the DHS data bank so they would not have any access to the coming's and going's of individuals at the borders, or any information at all about her unless she had commited a crime. where did the info come from ?? can you expand a little on that AL :help::help:

Yes, DHS knows and tracks the status of every individual that enters US sovereign space.

Additionally, they track the travels of those that depart, to include their final destination. Make no mistake here; the USG tracks all entry/exit events of individuals transiting the United States. If legit, all is good. If not, you make the suspect list. This is the reality.

Yes, DHS knows and tracks the status of every individual that enters US sovereign space.

Additionally, they track the travels of those that depart, to include their final destination. Make no mistake here; the USG tracks all entry/exit events of individuals transiting the United States. If legit, all is good. If not, you make the suspect list. This is the reality.

Timeline

READ MY POST AGAIN// i said the POLICE do not have access to the DHS DATA BASE. this is a fact/// not speculation AL

05/27/06 / Marriage

07/17/07 / I-130 sent

07/19/07 / NOA1

12/11/07 / NOA2

12/27/07 / NVC

02/04/08 / I-864 sent

02/07/08 / IV bill sent

03/02/08 / DS-230 sent

03/14/08 / CASE COMPLETE

Timeline

i know from personal experience that they do not track all the people that come and go across the borders. during the summer i race stock cars in vancouver every month. i live in washington state and have not been stopped at all hauling my transporter and trailer. most of the time if you have washington plates they wave you through. that is the reality.

05/27/06 / Marriage

07/17/07 / I-130 sent

07/19/07 / NOA1

12/11/07 / NOA2

12/27/07 / NVC

02/04/08 / I-864 sent

02/07/08 / IV bill sent

03/02/08 / DS-230 sent

03/14/08 / CASE COMPLETE

You should take action to protect yourself with USCIS assistance. Schedule an Infopass appointment now and set the record straight!

Something needs to be said about her departure from US soil. Clearly, this action is not consistent with the last thread.

In any case, all the best to you going forward.

I again offer the previous advice. All the best to you.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I would think that, if she left the country before getting a green card, she'll have a hard time coming back in UNLESS she (a) wants to, and/or (B) got permission to travel already. If she is gone, then the departure would be tantamount to abandoning (!!!) the immigration process you started, and that would, as a consequence, mean that the "declaration of support" would be a nullity.

The OP's wife is a K3 visa holder. K3 is a multiple entry visa, so there is no need for advanced parole. She can re-enter the US as many times as she wishes for two years from initial entry.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

What a mess this is going to be for Abandoned, hope it works out. Wish you best, and how you could want this person back is beyond comprehension, you better start protecting yourself and get over it fast before you get taken on a ride - Russian style. :unsure:

Oh - I missed that part - my bad.

But with a sister in the picture??? Sort of seals the case I was trying to make for the situation before.

Filed: Timeline

It's not stupid, it's natural.

There are many explanations as to what's going on. You seem to have grabbed hold of one of those possible reasons, which I hope hasn't blinded you to the fact that that is only one possibility in hundreds of thousands. Do what you can to make contact with her, and work things out from there. It may be that she's gone. Or it may be that she got mad, and then scared, and then depended on the wrong people. There are many *many* possible explanations. Don't grab on to the first one that someone throws out to you. Find out for yourself and go from there. There's nothing written in stone that says she isn't having second thoughts.

I do agree, however, that you need to also start thinking of protecting yourself should you be unable to contact or work things out with her. You've been given some good advice on that front, go with it. But do your best to find out what's really going on. You've invested too much time, money, and yourself to let it go without a fight.

Oh - I missed that part - my bad.

But with a sister in the picture??? Sort of seals the case I was trying to make for the situation before.

Hardly. In fact, if she left the country is sort of...unravels the case. Bit difficult to get that green card from Canada. (and I don't recall hearing about a sister, but perhaps I missed a post.)

What a mess this is going to be for Abandoned, hope it works out. Wish you best, and how you could want this person back is beyond comprehension, you better start protecting yourself and get over it fast before you get taken on a ride - Russian style. :unsure:

You're talking about a man's wife (and life) here, have some respect. And how about we start stfu'ing about making generalities about someone's nationality while we're at it, mmkay?

I would think that, if she left the country before getting a green card, she'll have a hard time coming back in UNLESS she (a) wants to, and/or ( B) got permission to travel already. If she is gone, then the departure would be tantamount to abandoning (!!!) the immigration process you started, and that would, as a consequence, mean that the "declaration of support" would be a nullity.

The OP's wife is a K3 visa holder. K3 is a multiple entry visa, so there is no need for advanced parole. She can re-enter the US as many times as she wishes for two years from initial entry.

Yeah - the OP's timeline says K3 although at the beginning of the "ababndoned" post that got locked down it was clarified after the OP said they had been married for two months that he had actually filed for K-1. I clarified that myself as I was confused but I think it got forgotten/overlooked towards the end of the thread :whistle:

Perhaps the OP could change their timeline to be more accurate so it is easier to clarify and provide advice?

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.