James

Old TSC cases transferred to VSC

1,810 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
With all due respect to the couples that have children, I don't think having kids makes a difference to USCIS in the realm of removing conditions as a precursor to a valid marriage.

With all due respect, please read your NOA...

"Birth certificates of any children born from the marriage"

if you don't think it makes a difference, why would they bother asking for it... Really,this whole subject is ridiculous.

We're not saying it counts AGAINST people who don't have children together, but it certainly DOES help couples who DO have kids.

I hear what you are saying, I really do.....but it's the "I have a kid so it should only take a minute to approve me / I automatically have a slam dunk case" sentiments being expressed in this forum that could possibly be rubbing some childless people the wrong way, myself being one of them.

Kids are no slam dunk, ace in the hole - I've seen people with kids get RFEs because there is still doubt. As it is, my husband and I don't have any kids - maybe someday, but we're unable to right now - no RFEs - and we got approved. The strength of our application was in our financial documents. Furthermore, if you look on this site, there are not only young couples who don't have children, but there are quite a few kickin' senior VJrs that aren't going to have any children together.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
With all due respect to the couples that have children, I don't think having kids makes a difference to USCIS in the realm of removing conditions as a precursor to a valid marriage.

if you don't think it makes a difference, why would they bother asking for it... Really,this whole subject is ridiculous.

We're not saying it counts AGAINST people who don't have children together, but it certainly DOES help couples who DO have kids.

I hear what you are saying, I really do.....but it's the "I have a kid so it should only take a minute to approve me / I automatically have a slam dunk case" sentiments being expressed in this forum that could possibly be rubbing some childless people the wrong way, myself being one of them.

Kids are no slam dunk, ace in the hole - I've seen people with kids get RFEs because there is still doubt. As it is, my husband and I don't have any kids - maybe someday, but we're unable to right now - no RFEs - and we got approved. The strength of our application was in our financial documents. Furthermore, if you look on this site, there are not only young couples who don't have children, but there are quite a few kickin' senior VJrs that aren't going to have any children together.

All we can do here is present what we think. What USCIS does or does not do is beyond us. Please dont make it a competetion of having kids or not having them. All that matters is that all of us are in the same boat as the other wheather we have kids or not.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
All we can do here is present what we think. What USCIS does or does not do is beyond us. Please dont make it a competetion of having kids or not having them. All that matters is that all of us are in the same boat as the other wheather we have kids or not.

Agreed. This is potentially a very touchy subject.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

all the fun and i missed it?

i agree that havings kids in this day and age doesn't mean your marraige is bonafide.

however, if you are looking at this through the eyes of the USCIS - you need to be able to measure and justify somehow that the marriage is infact legitimate or not.

ONE of the many factors that helps them validate it is whether or not the couple had kids. as mentioned before, to fraud the system - if one were to - they probably WON'T go to the extent of having kids to prove they are a couple. they can easily merge financial documentation, and provide whatever other documentation is needed - and be able to easily walk away once the process is over from eachother. you cant' exactly have a kid with the sole intent to defraud the system then decide to walk away from the kid once the process is over....

so, if you think about it from the perspective of trying to prove that this isn't a fraudulent case - kids do play a big role in that decision.

.....and with this i mean no disrespect to anyone has chose or cannot have kids. i'm trying to simply think through the eyes of the uscis.

Timeline

3/09/07 - Mailed out I-751 to TSC - expiration date is 03/13/07 - Cutting it close!

3/12/07 - USPS confirms delivery

3/13/07 - Check clears bank

3/21/07 - Reciept for BioMetrics Fee

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

are you running for office? that sounds like the most political, 'i'm not taking any sides' comment i've seen. haha.

Timeline

3/09/07 - Mailed out I-751 to TSC - expiration date is 03/13/07 - Cutting it close!

3/12/07 - USPS confirms delivery

3/13/07 - Check clears bank

3/21/07 - Reciept for BioMetrics Fee

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

thanks for the add...

I wish there was something we could do to get this over with...

ADJUSTING FROM F-1 with OPT EAD to LPR

2004-01-24 - Marriage

I-485 / I-130 / EAD Filing:

2004-04-23 - Date Filed at the Dallas, TX CIS Office

2004-05-10 - NOA but no receipt notice

2004-06-23 - Filed a renewal on my OPT EAD

2004-08-11 - Date Received Advance Parole Doc

2004-12-21 - EAD Approved (My OPT was expiring, didn't receive anything, made infopass appointment, and was approved and given a new card that day)

2005-02-25 - Used Advance Parole Document to re-enter

2005-03-12 - Bio. Appt

2005-08-02 - Interview Date at the local office --> Approved right away and got a I-551 Stamp

2005-08-17 - Green Card Approved

2005-09-25 - Green Card Received

Lifting of Conditions I-751 Filing:

2007-06-06 - Lifting of Conditions Filed at Texas Service Center

2007-06-10 - NOA

2007-07-05 - Bio. Appt.

2007-07-23 - Husband moved out

2007-09-15 - Filed for divorced

2008-02-01 - NOA - Case Transferred to VSC

2008-02-26 - NOA - Case received at VSC

2008-04-15 - Divorced finalized

2008-05-01 - Consultation with immigration lawyer

2008-07-08 - Lawyers send new I-751 with withdrawal of previous one

2008-07-15 - Card Production ordered, case adjudicated on previous I-751

2008-07-18 - Approval Notice Sent!

2008-07-24 - Received 10 YR Green Card!

Naturalization:

2010-11-10 - N400 filed at TX service center

2010-11-27 - biometrics notice

2010-12-15 - biometrics appointment

2011-01-24 - interview, passed test, IT system down no same day oath

2011-03-24 - oath-I am now a USC

2011-03-31 - US passport in hand

Quick question:

In the time card, you list the date for biometrics. I submitted to TSC in April, got moved to VSC, but I haven't gone in for biometrics because I haven't received a letter saying that I should. Don't we do biometrics after we're approved? Have you guys gone in for biometrics already?

Thanks,

Ara

Biometrics are done within a month or so after filing your petition, so your appointment letter was lost somewhere. I've heard one possibly apocryphal tale of someone being approved without having biometrics, but I wouldn't rely on that.

I would immediately take my NOA1 down to the nearest ASC (click here to find it) and ask to have them done. Lots of people who never received their biometrics appointment notice have done the same thing. Lots have also wasted time making phone calls, InfoPass appointments, etc., to try and get a notice. Best thing is to take matters into your own hands.

James, thanks a lot for your response. I never realized that we were supposed to go in for biometrics soon after receipt of our I-751. (Within a month or two is soon by USCIS standards!)

Instead of going to the ASC without an appointment, I called USCIS, and the first level person told me, "They'll send you a biometric appointment when you need one." The level I person just kept repeating that no matter what I said. After being transferred to a supervisor, the supervisor agreed with what you said but couldn't request an appointment for me. Then I got bumped up to an immigration officer who requested an appointment be made for me. It took an hour on the phone, but it was worth it.

Thanks a lot for your response--without it, my application would have been delayed for at least another 2 months!

I also asked the officer what would happen if they review my application without the biometrics. He said that they would put it on hold and request the biometrics be done. He added that as soon as they get the biometrics, they would take it off hold and process it immediately. Personally, I have trouble believing that they would do anything immediately.

Thanks again.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
I've seen people with kids get RFEs because there is still doubt.

I've never seen one, and you're talking in the plural? Can you tell us who these "people" are here?

Meh

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
(like 5 mins. for people like Joel and me who have kids).

Unfortunately, there is a newbie over on this thread who believes that having children makes (or should make) no difference.

You wish!!!!

Ha ha ha, hit a nerve have I :devil:

I have watched you since I have joined this site James and you like to think you have all the say, and try and mow down anyone that doesnt agree with you :crying:

I wish? I wish what, precisely?

Methinks I am the one that hit the nerve, noob. If you had been here for any longer than a month, you would know that I'm an attorney, so of course I am predisposed to "mow down" people who take an opposing view from mine.

I do apologize if I have offended with the truth those people who want but can't have children (or who have long since had children).

To you, child-hater that you are, I offer no such apology. Be gone, newbie.

Meh

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Common guys, let's all get along, ok.

Fact is we are all still waiting to even get reviewed. May-be we childless couples get an RFE for not having strong ties like a child, yet we don't even get that because no-one even bothers looking through our evidence at this moment....

animal-smiley-085.gif

Mar 06, 2007: mailed I751!

Mar 09, 2007: I751 arrived at TSC

Mar 13, 2007: checks cleared bank

Mar 24, 2007: biometrics receipt dated Mar 09

Mar 28, 2007: NOA1 dated Mar 09

Mar 28, 2007: biometrics letter dated Mar 22

Apr 06, 2007: biometrics appointment

(Oct 09, 2007: called USCIS: service request sent to TSC)

Jan 31, 2008: case transferred to VSC (last touch date changed from 04/07/07 to 02/01/08)

Feb 01, 2008: touch

Feb 04, 2008: touch

(Feb 05, 2008: infopass appointment)

Feb 07, 2008: transfer notice dated Feb 01, 08

Feb 13, 2008: touch (Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.)

Feb 25, 2008: touch

Apr 11, 2008: approval email! (only took 1 year, 34 days!)

Apr 13, 2008: 2 more approval emails

Apr 16, 2008: email notice: "Approval notice sent"

Apr 18, 2008: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!! card received!

tumbleweed-1.gif

04/22/2010 N400 mailed

05/05/2010 check cashed

05/07/2010 NOA1 dated 05/04/2010

Timeline

I've never seen one, and you're talking in the plural? Can you tell us who these "people" are here?

About four years ago, there was a story in the SP Times about a couple who were undergoing the removal of conditions - they already had one child, were pregnant with the other and had received an RFE. They then submitted the documentation and were called for an interview to remove the conditions. They had assumed that with one child and a new pregnancy that would be enough to prove their valid marriage, but obviously not. In the end they were approved, but the woman said she couldn't believe that it had happened to them - she was actually around 8 months pregnant during the interview and thought it was ridiculous. All I can say is never underestimate the insanity of USCIS.

About four years ago, there was a story in the SP Times about a couple who were undergoing the removal of conditions - they already had one child, were pregnant with the other and had received an RFE. They then submitted the documentation and were called for an interview to remove the conditions. They had assumed that with one child and a new pregnancy that would be enough to prove their valid marriage, but obviously not. In the end they were approved, but the woman said she couldn't believe that it had happened to them - she was actually around 8 months pregnant during the interview and thought it was ridiculous. All I can say is never underestimate the insanity of USCIS.

I agree that you should never underestimate them. Sometimes they pull you in for an interview for quality control purposes not because they necessarily think your case requires one. After all the interviews we've had, K-3, AOS, AOS for the kids, I don't care if they interview us one more time. It gives my wife an excuse to show off her photo albums. After half an hour of that, they approve her just to get her out of there.

Unidos en los E.U. y estamos muy felices.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I got so so so exited when we all got touch on the 25th or 26th.,... and now I am getting disapointed again ... what is going on!!!!!??????/// Please please do something people from Vermont!!!! get to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would like to call USCIS to ask about my case but I am afraid that the person who is going to aswer my call knows less than me! :crying:

For what I heard is just about your luck! They call for interviews for control most of the times.....

i AM 3 MONTHS PREGNANT AND i JUST HOPE EVERYTHING CAMES BEFORE MY DUE DATE.... I WANT THIS OVER!!! YOU KNOW.... DONT MESS WITH A PREGNANT WOMAN!

Edited by imailin

06/28/2004. Happily Married in Miami Florida.

09/??/2004 Send I-130, 486 Package and ETC. for AOS

01/??/05 Workers permit received.

Got Social Security Card!!!

08/29/2005 Interview went awesome!

09/??/2005 Green Card arrived!!!!!!!! YUPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Removal of Conditions:

06/01/2007 Send package to TEXAS Service Center

06/07/2007 Received NOA

09/20/2007 Went to get an stamp, denied stamp at the Miami USCIS Office =(

01/31/2008 Transfer to Vermont Service Center (after almost 8 months!)

02/22/2008 This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

02/26/2008 This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred. (Last Touched)

07/01/2008 : still waiting for a miracle after 390 days of suffering....

07/02/2008: Infopass Appointment. passport Stamp....

07/03/2008: Incredible!!!! Card Production Ordered!!!!!!

07/04/2008: Touched. Duplicate email Card Production Order

07/07/2008: Touched

07/08/2008: Touched. Email with notice of approval

07/09/2008: Touched again!

07/11/2008: CARD ARRIVES IN MAIL!!!!! THANKS!!!! WELLCOME IMMIGRANT LETTER!!! :P

Naturalization Process:

06/23/2010: 06/23/2010 - Send N400 after 5 years of permanent residency. Good luck !

Timeline
I got so so so exited when we all got touch on the 25th or 26th.,... and now I am getting disapointed again ... what is going on!!!!!??????/// Please please do something people from Vermont!!!! get to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would like to call USCIS to ask about my case but I am afraid that the person who is going to aswer my call knows less than me! :crying:

For what I heard is just about your luck! They call for interviews for control most of the times.....

i AM 3 MONTHS PREGNANT AND i JUST HOPE EVERYTHING CAMES BEFORE MY DUE DATE.... I WANT THIS OVER!!! YOU KNOW.... DONT MESS WITH A PREGNANT WOMAN!

Imailin, where in Argentina are you from? My husband is from Cordoba.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Imailin, where in Argentina are you from? My husband is from Cordoba.

Buenos Aires.... Cordoba is really pretty.... have you been there ?

where you live in Jacksonville? My cousin lives over there, she is Argentinean too

Edited by imailin

06/28/2004. Happily Married in Miami Florida.

09/??/2004 Send I-130, 486 Package and ETC. for AOS

01/??/05 Workers permit received.

Got Social Security Card!!!

08/29/2005 Interview went awesome!

09/??/2005 Green Card arrived!!!!!!!! YUPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Removal of Conditions:

06/01/2007 Send package to TEXAS Service Center

06/07/2007 Received NOA

09/20/2007 Went to get an stamp, denied stamp at the Miami USCIS Office =(

01/31/2008 Transfer to Vermont Service Center (after almost 8 months!)

02/22/2008 This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

02/26/2008 This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred. (Last Touched)

07/01/2008 : still waiting for a miracle after 390 days of suffering....

07/02/2008: Infopass Appointment. passport Stamp....

07/03/2008: Incredible!!!! Card Production Ordered!!!!!!

07/04/2008: Touched. Duplicate email Card Production Order

07/07/2008: Touched

07/08/2008: Touched. Email with notice of approval

07/09/2008: Touched again!

07/11/2008: CARD ARRIVES IN MAIL!!!!! THANKS!!!! WELLCOME IMMIGRANT LETTER!!! :P

Naturalization Process:

06/23/2010: 06/23/2010 - Send N400 after 5 years of permanent residency. Good luck !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.