James

Old TSC cases transferred to VSC

1,810 posts in this topic

Quick question:

In the time card, you list the date for biometrics. I submitted to TSC in April, got moved to VSC, but I haven't gone in for biometrics because I haven't received a letter saying that I should. Don't we do biometrics after we're approved? Have you guys gone in for biometrics already?

Thanks,

Ara

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hey james - thanks for updating me - i hadn't checked up on vj or the uscis site in a week or two - and yes, i was infact touched on 2/25.

i am about, what - 10 days away from a full year since we applied! this is madness.

oh well, all is well that ends well. let's see how much longer they drag us. any bets?

Timeline

3/09/07 - Mailed out I-751 to TSC - expiration date is 03/13/07 - Cutting it close!

3/12/07 - USPS confirms delivery

3/13/07 - Check clears bank

3/21/07 - Reciept for BioMetrics Fee

I was just wondering about something. In the last letter that came....

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done, counting from when USCIS received it. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. To receive e-mail updates, follow the link below to register.

What about this line?....

You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done, counting from when USCIS received it.

Doesn't that mean when USCIS received it in Texas, before the transfer?

Timeline
I was just wondering about something. In the last letter that came....

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done, counting from when USCIS received it. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. To receive e-mail updates, follow the link below to register.

What about this line?....

You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done, counting from when USCIS received it.

Doesn't that mean when USCIS received it in Texas, before the transfer?

first and foremost, i would never give much credibility to anything uscis says, let alone attempt to infer what it is that they really mean to say. you can never read between the lines.

having said that, i'd stick to vsc dates - as that is where we are, and be cogniscent of the fact that a bunch of tsc cases have been dumped on their laps - meaning they will attempt to play catch-up to the point that the dates they claim they are processing are as accurate as can be.

Timeline

3/09/07 - Mailed out I-751 to TSC - expiration date is 03/13/07 - Cutting it close!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Quick question:

In the time card, you list the date for biometrics. I submitted to TSC in April, got moved to VSC, but I haven't gone in for biometrics because I haven't received a letter saying that I should. Don't we do biometrics after we're approved? Have you guys gone in for biometrics already?

Thanks,

Ara

Biometrics are done within a month or so after filing your petition, so your appointment letter was lost somewhere. I've heard one possibly apocryphal tale of someone being approved without having biometrics, but I wouldn't rely on that.

I would immediately take my NOA1 down to the nearest ASC (click here to find it) and ask to have them done. Lots of people who never received their biometrics appointment notice have done the same thing. Lots have also wasted time making phone calls, InfoPass appointments, etc., to try and get a notice. Best thing is to take matters into your own hands.

Meh

Timeline
hey james - thanks for updating me - i hadn't checked up on vj or the uscis site in a week or two - and yes, i was infact touched on 2/25.

i am about, what - 10 days away from a full year since we applied! this is madness.

oh well, all is well that ends well. let's see how much longer they drag us. any bets?

If I were a betting man, I would probably go the logical route and guess that the March 1 processing time is now more or less accurate, and people (at least us bulk transfers) will be approved about a year after our filing dates.

How long can it take an adjudicator to look at an individual file and decide it should be approved? I can't imagine it taking more than a half-hour tops, and less with certain other cases (like 5 mins. for people like Joel and me who have kids). There should be no FBI name/background check holdup because they're now allowed to approve petitions that have been in the system for more than six months even if that check hasn't been done.

Meh

Timeline

If I were a betting man, I would probably go the logical route and guess that the March 1 processing time is now more or less accurate, and people (at least us bulk transfers) will be approved about a year after our filing dates.

How long can it take an adjudicator to look at an individual file and decide it should be approved? I can't imagine it taking more than a half-hour tops, and less with certain other cases (like 5 mins. for people like Joel and me who have kids). There should be no FBI name/background check holdup because they're now allowed to approve petitions that have been in the system for more than six months even if that check hasn't been done.

we have a daughter as well - so add me to that 5 minute approval time frame! ;-)

Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

we have a daughter as well - so add me to that 5 minute approval time frame! ;-)

We have 2. Would that be 2.5 minutes then? :devil:

Edited by us1415

Timeline

I think if you have more than one like we do, they should just rubber stamp the damned petition approved upon receipt.

Unfortunately, there is a newbie over on this thread who believes that having children makes (or should make) no difference.

Meh

I think if you have more than one like we do, they should just rubber stamp the damned petition approved upon receipt.

Ha! I wish it was that easy :yes::no:

Sept 10, 2001... Arrived in US (J1)

Sept 2002... AOS (J1 to F1)

March 2003...AOS Approved

May 2003... Flew to SA. Reapplied for F1. RFE and Finally Approved. 2 year F1 visa in Passport.

Jan 21 2004... Married in Chicago

Aug 2004... Applied for AOS, Petition for spouse and EAD

Feb 2005... Joshua, our little cutie pie is born on SuperBowl Sunday

May 2005... EAD Approved

Dec 17 2005... AOS & Petition approved (2 year green-card received)

Aug 4 2007... Mailed in I-751 = $275 (remove conditions)

Aug 31 2007... Everything returned, filed too early, wrong fee

Sept 17 2007 Refiled to NSC

Sept 18 2007... Delivered by DHL to NSC

Oct 10 2007... Received at CSC

Oct 15 2007... Check cashed, transfered to CSC

Oct 15 2007... Received 1st notice with application number and 1 year extension. Notice Dated 9/19/07

Nov 1 2007... tried walk-in biometrics, refused

Nov 8 2007...Biometrics completed. Staff at Naperville ASC were great!

Nov 9 2007... Last touch

March 7 2008... Card production ordered!!!!!!!! 5 months, 2 weeks and 5 days

March 12 2008... Case Status: Approval notice sent

March 15 2008...Green card received in mail...so done with USCIS done for a few years!!!!!! :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Unfortunately, there is a newbie over on this thread who believes that having children makes (or should make) no difference.

I don't think that was that person was trying to say, but whatev.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

With all due respect to the couples that have children, I don't think having kids makes a difference to USCIS in the realm of removing conditions as a precursor to a valid marriage. Sadly, in this day in age, having children doesn't prove you have a valid marriage - it proves that you can reproduce. Don't be mad, don't get offended - because it is not meant to be like that. I just make that observation after temping at a place that processes all the electronic child support payments for the State of Florida.

I still think that removing conditions is truly based on USCIS observing the comingling of finances - that officer will take his 5 or 10 mins with your case and look at your bank statements, financial documents, and take a gander at the kids - but what they really want to know is that you have made it very difficult for your lives to come undone should you want to end it.

With all due respect to the couples that have children, I don't think having kids makes a difference to USCIS in the realm of removing conditions as a precursor to a valid marriage.

With all due respect, please read your NOA...

"Birth certificates of any children born from the marriage"

if you don't think it makes a difference, why would they bother asking for it... Really,this whole subject is ridiculous.

We're not saying it counts AGAINST people who don't have children together, but it certainly DOES help couples who DO have kids.

Sept 10, 2001... Arrived in US (J1)

Sept 2002... AOS (J1 to F1)

March 2003...AOS Approved

May 2003... Flew to SA. Reapplied for F1. RFE and Finally Approved. 2 year F1 visa in Passport.

Jan 21 2004... Married in Chicago

Aug 2004... Applied for AOS, Petition for spouse and EAD

Feb 2005... Joshua, our little cutie pie is born on SuperBowl Sunday

May 2005... EAD Approved

Dec 17 2005... AOS & Petition approved (2 year green-card received)

Aug 4 2007... Mailed in I-751 = $275 (remove conditions)

Aug 31 2007... Everything returned, filed too early, wrong fee

Sept 17 2007 Refiled to NSC

Sept 18 2007... Delivered by DHL to NSC

Oct 10 2007... Received at CSC

Oct 15 2007... Check cashed, transfered to CSC

Oct 15 2007... Received 1st notice with application number and 1 year extension. Notice Dated 9/19/07

Nov 1 2007... tried walk-in biometrics, refused

Nov 8 2007...Biometrics completed. Staff at Naperville ASC were great!

Nov 9 2007... Last touch

March 7 2008... Card production ordered!!!!!!!! 5 months, 2 weeks and 5 days

March 12 2008... Case Status: Approval notice sent

March 15 2008...Green card received in mail...so done with USCIS done for a few years!!!!!! :)

Filed: Timeline
(like 5 mins. for people like Joel and me who have kids).

You wish!!!!

Ha ha ha, hit a nerve have I :devil:

I have watched you since I have joined this site James and you like to think you have all the say, and try and mow down anyone that doesnt agree with you :crying:

.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
With all due respect to the couples that have children, I don't think having kids makes a difference to USCIS in the realm of removing conditions as a precursor to a valid marriage.

With all due respect, please read your NOA...

"Birth certificates of any children born from the marriage"

if you don't think it makes a difference, why would they bother asking for it... Really,this whole subject is ridiculous.

We're not saying it counts AGAINST people who don't have children together, but it certainly DOES help couples who DO have kids.

I hear what you are saying, I really do.....but it's the "I have a kid so it should only take a minute to approve me / I automatically have a slam dunk case" sentiments being expressed in this forum that could possibly be rubbing some childless people the wrong way, myself being one of them.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.