Yoink

translations

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline

it says on the I-129F instruction form that, "Translations, any document containing foreign language submitted to the service shall be accompanied by a full english translation... blah blah blah"

does that statement mean we can have someone translate our documents who isnt a professional translator. Can someone who is fluent in English and the document's language do the translation and certify that it is complete and that he is competent to translate it. Thanks for your help

Emmett Fitz-Hume: I'm sorry I'm late, I had to attend the reading of a will. I had to stay till the very end, and I found out I received nothing... broke my arm.

Claudeth took her German police clearance to a place that was recommended by the embassy. The place had the German document only written in English so they just translated her info to it.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
it says on the I-129F instruction form that, "Translations, any document containing foreign language submitted to the service shall be accompanied by a full english translation... blah blah blah"

does that statement mean we can have someone translate our documents who isnt a professional translator. Can someone who is fluent in English and the document's language do the translation and certify that it is complete and that he is competent to translate it. Thanks for your help

professional translations are not required by the USCIS... They simply must indiacate that they are competent in both languages... search the USCIS website as they provide sample certification language..

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

A friend translated for us - she just signed an "oath" - the one found on VJ - that she is fluent in Portuguese and English.

USCIS claims that neither the USC or his/her SO can translate, then they accept it later on - but I suggest not taking the risk - we didn't.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Timeline
USCIS claims that neither the USC or his/her SO can translate, then they accept it later on - but I suggest not taking the risk - we didn't.

I have never seen this claim... do you know the source?

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline

I translated everything myself and had it notorized.They accepted them. :innocent:

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

Yes, but to avoid possible difficulties, you can print this statement on a separate sheet of paper, and have your document translator sign and date it.

Here's the text:

Certification by Translator

I, ________ certify that I am fluent (conversant) in the English and _______ languages, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached entitled ___________

Signature: ___________________________ Date: ____________

Name (of translator)

Address

Good luck,

-P

Edited by Paula&Minya
funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Not true. At our AOS interview the IO was looking through our file, saw my husbands birth certificate (which I translated) commented that I translated & it was OK and moved on. As long as you are fluent in both English & the language the document is written in, you can translate it yourself... just be sure to notarize the translation.

Edited by Nanusia & Lukaszek
12140.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I called USCIS to ask if I could translate documents and at our AOS interview and was told NO - both times. I was told the first time that someone who cannot benefit from our relationship (anyone but hubby and I basically) can translate.

So we had a professional translator work on hubby's BC and a friend for our e-mails/letters.

We brought a friend to our AOS interview but the IO told her to sit down and let me translate.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Timeline
I called USCIS to ask if I could translate documents and at our AOS interview and was told NO - both times.

Ah, your first mistake....

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Are Copies of translated official docs allowed? (Kiev-Detroit Interview)

My wife's AOS interview is scheduled for the last week of March. For her visa application in Kiev, she had to produce several original documents that were in Russian. They were translated into English and certified by the translator. These docs are for her divorce and birth certificate, and name change.

These official English translations were kept by the embassy in Kiev. She kept copies of these, and the copies were not certified. They are copies simply run off a photocopier. The translator's certification seal is clear on the copies, but they are still only simple copies.

Are these copies of the official translated documents in Kiev acceptable?

Or do we need to get them translated again so that there is a new "original" seal by the translator?

TIA (Thanks in advance)

Rob and Tania

Join a free international relationship forum http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RussianBrideList (http://tinyurl.com/yagk6wu)

The RBL is a forum of 1,400+ members(married, searching and single) in active discussions about emigration/immigration concerns

and visas, East-West Relations, EE history. Current topics include immigration issues, learning the language, children in American

schools, deals on apartments and airfare when visiting the former Soviet Union(especially Ukraine and Russia), and more!

100% free from support by commercial interests.

2007-01-19 I-129F Sent to Nebraska to sponsor fiancee in Kiev

2007-01-26 NOA1

2007-05-10 NOA2 Approved

2007-05-18 NVC receives application

2007-07-03 Interview went off without a snag! K-1 visa APPROVED

2007-07-10 International passport with K-1 visa received from courier

2007-07-17 Entered U.S. at JFK

2007-09-07 MARRIED!

2007-10-06 NOA1 for AOS and EAD, 12-10 EAD Card ordered per USCIS site, and THREE CRIS emails

2008-03-26 Effortless and pleasant AOS I-485 interview in Detroit APPROVED!

2009-09-18 Tania's first visit home, eager to get back to the U.S. due to poor living conditions in Ukraine

2010-01-25 Mailed I-751 for "Lifting of Conditions" AKA 10 year green card

2010-02-08 Biometrics appointment NOA, 02-15 Biometrics appointment, simple and quick

Timeline

My wife's AOS interview is scheduled for the last week of March. For her visa application in Kiev, she had to produce several original documents that were in Russian. They were translated into English and certified by the translator. These docs are for her divorce and birth certificate, and name change.

These official English translations were kept by the embassy in Kiev. She kept copies of these, and the copies were not certified. They are copies simply run off a photocopier. The translator's certification seal is clear on the copies, but they are still only simple copies.

Or do we need to get them translated again so that there is a new "original" seal by the translator?

TIA (Thanks in advance)

Rob and Tania

With the USCIS you will have no problems.... For the most part they do not need/want or require originals..

YMMV

Timeline

TIA (Thanks in advance)

Rob and Tania

With the USCIS you will have no problems.... For the most part they do not need/want or require originals..

Thanks, this eases our anxiety.

Rob and Tania

Join a free international relationship forum http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RussianBrideList (http://tinyurl.com/yagk6wu)

The RBL is a forum of 1,400+ members(married, searching and single) in active discussions about emigration/immigration concerns

and visas, East-West Relations, EE history. Current topics include immigration issues, learning the language, children in American

schools, deals on apartments and airfare when visiting the former Soviet Union(especially Ukraine and Russia), and more!

2007-01-26 NOA1

2007-05-10 NOA2 Approved

2007-09-07 MARRIED!

2007-10-06 NOA1 for AOS and EAD, 12-10 EAD Card ordered per USCIS site, and THREE CRIS emails

2009-09-18 Tania's first visit home, eager to get back to the U.S. due to poor living conditions in Ukraine

2010-02-08 Biometrics appointment NOA, 02-15 Biometrics appointment, simple and quick

Timeline

TIA (Thanks in advance)

Rob and Tania

Thanks, this eases our anxiety.

Rob and Tania

I sent an email to the U.S. embassy in Kyiv, here's my initial email and the reply for anyone interested:

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 8:05 PM

To: Kyiv, IV KyivIV@state.gov

Subject: Return of all K1 documents to Beneficiary and Petitioner

Dear Sirs:

RE: KEV 2007987654321 K1 visa approved/stamped July 9, 2007

Please return the certified English translations of Tania Yyyyyyy's birth certificate, divorce certificate, and name change certificate. She asked for these while in Kyiv, but never received them. Additionally, return to us any other documents you are holding regarding our K1 filing.

Thank you for your assistance,

Rob and Tania

PO Box 99999

Some City MI 99999

The embassy's reply:

Dear Mr. Xxxx:

Ms. Yyyyy's visa was issued on July 9, 2007. When the visa is issued all translations, police records and medical records are sealed into a manila envelope and sent to the fiancée with the passport and visa in it. Immigration inspector at the first airport in the U.S. should have taken away this packet from Ms. Yyyyyy when she entered the U.S. the first time after the visa had been issued to her.

Once the visa was issued there are no documents kept on file in our office.

We hope this information will help you.

Sincerely,

Public Liaison Unit

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy,

Kyiv, Ukraine

Tel.: +38/044/490-44-22

Fax: +38/044/484-45-70

Please visit our website at http://kyiv.usembassy.gov for more information about consular services

This e-mail is UNCLASSIFIED based on the definitions provided in E.O. 12958

2007-01-26 NOA1

2007-05-10 NOA2 Approved

2007-09-07 MARRIED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.