Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Sometimes I know what I'm having for dinner, sometimes I have to wrack my brain. Tonight I know we are having lamb shank with garlic mashed potatoes and peas. What's everyone else having?

36927.jpg

thanks for the congrats and information.. i hope i'm doing the reply right... btw, that food looks soooooooo yummy... we had wingettes with fries... i had lemon pepper and honey mustard(not together on the wings, yuck),, my mom had mild ones.. oh dang i want more, oh well.. :innocent:

Passage Revelation 19:11:

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

"satan is real and he's playing for keeps
God is realer and we are His sheep
which side are you on, CHOOSE, start moving your feet
choose JESUS and have ETERNAL PEACE" by GOD to me on 9/26/10 about 2am
Thank you Jesus!!!!

Bebe and Cece Winans Heaven

Abdel Halim Hafez Qariat al Fingan

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

dinner time again :wacko: I have no idea what to make.. it has to be something simple and quick... :unsure:

yesterday at the wedding we had appetizers, mostly seafood and then salad and the main entree was a big piece of chicken with a cream sauce, rice and vegies.... there was actually a lot of food on the plate...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

We had boneless chuck roast, rice, green beans, and a gravy. I try to make enough to have lunch the next day...having eaten school lunches in the past, leftovers from dinner are way more appetizing! :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
We had boneless chuck roast, rice, green beans, and a gravy. I try to make enough to have lunch the next day...having eaten school lunches in the past, leftovers from dinner are way more appetizing! :)

that is what I usually try to do for my hubby too.. he says the guys he works with sometimes get a little jealous...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

okay after reading those gourmet meals, my meatloaf pales in comparison.and hey meatloaf is comfort food and my fiancée is far away

June 2006 Met on Myspace
Sep 21 2007 Proposed and she accepted
Dec 9 2007 Arrived in Manila
Dec 15 2007 Returned home, very sad day
Dec 21 2007 Sent Form I-129F to CSC
Dec 24 2007 Packet received at CSC
Dec 31 2007 NOA 1 received
Jan 02 2008 Check cashed
May 05 2008 NOA2
May 12 2008 Received letter from NVC MNL2008xxxxxx
May 19 2008 Paid Delbros fee at Metrobank
May 20 2008 First day of medical
May 21 2008 Told to return for sputum test
May 21 2008 Delbros confirmed receiving payment
May 27 2008 Delbros sent proof of payment to USEM
May 27,28,29 2008 Sputum test done
June 6 2008 Delbros sent doc ver request to the NSO
June 27 2008 NSO doc ver completed, to be picked up by USEM
July 1, 2008 Called USEM, doc ver is at the embassy
July 30, 2008 Passed the sputum test and finished the physical
Aug 5, 2008 Interview, PASSED received PINK SLIP
Aug 12 2008 VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you God
Aug 16,2008 Flight to US. Manila to Narita, to Chicago
Sept 8, 2008 Civil wedding
Feb 14, 2009 Big fancy wedding
groupresized.jpg

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
okay after reading those gourmet meals, my meatloaf pales in comparison.and hey meatloaf is comfort food and my fiancée is far away

You know, there are all sorts of delicious meatloaf recipes out there. My husband LOVES meatloaf. How about sharing your recipe? :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Meatloaf is a big plus here too. I just put a cottage roll in the crockpot with some potatoes and will add cabbage later on in the day. Mmmmmm, get to smell those lovely juices cooking all day - I use apple juice along with a bit of water to make the ham extra sweet. Joe got to take the left over lamb stew from when we went out for dinner on Saturday for his lunch today - there was so much left over we got another whole meal out of it!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We had shepards pie last night. I never make it with ground beef, I use either steak or roast, slow cooked and as I had a roast that's what I used, it was delicious and there is enough left over for Tuesday!

Tonight, as we did go grocery shopping haha - it will be beef stir fry. I bought bean sprouts (one of my favorites) and they don't keep very well.

I made ravioli and garlic bread last night. Tonight is hubby's turn to cook :)

BTW, you guys are making me SOOOOO jealous talking about the grocery stores you get to shop at. In my area, Shaw's has a monopoly ... it is pretty depressing that it is the only large grocery store around (there are a couple mom-and-pop places that are great, but lack variety). Prices are so high at Shaw's. I always take a cooler when we head to CT to visit family ... and we stock up on lots of stuff.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

French onion soup tonight for me. I love making it, it's very easy, and it's so awesome, it can probably cure cancer.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Tonight will be grilled salmon, couscous, cauliflower and salad.

We had grilled salmon this weekend as well. It was AWESOME! I loved grilled anything, but particularly salmon. Instead of couscous, I made a tabooli. Anyone heard of that? It was very VERY good. Very high fibre, you could make it with couscous I suppose, but this bulgar-wheat I got for it, is very delicious. Lots of veggies, a lemon oil vinegarette, mmmmmmmmmmm

I'm making pulled pork today. Got some onion buns. Will make a potato salad, and have beans as well.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Tonight will be grilled salmon, couscous, cauliflower and salad.

We had grilled salmon this weekend as well. It was AWESOME! I loved grilled anything, but particularly salmon. Instead of couscous, I made a tabooli. Anyone heard of that? It was very VERY good. Very high fibre, you could make it with couscous I suppose, but this bulgar-wheat I got for it, is very delicious. Lots of veggies, a lemon oil vinegarette, mmmmmmmmmmm

I'm making pulled pork today. Got some onion buns. Will make a potato salad, and have beans as well.

I've heard of tabouli but i've never had it. Your dinner tonight sounds SO good Carla.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.