Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

hmm, I am thinking of getting hubby to pick up a $5 Little Ceasers pizza on his way home from school today...

but then I am thinking he could buy a gallon of milk and a dozen eggs for about the same and we could have scrambled eggs and hash browns for dinner :unsure: ... and we do need more milk....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline

Yum. Scrambled eggs and hash browns. Get him to do both, and then you can have breffrus in the morning too! lol

I just had a Canadian Cheese Whiz and mayonnaise sandwich as a snack while waiting for hubby to come home. Then we'll have pizza. I picked up a Freschetta Pizza Amoré for when he gets home later. Yum. :dance:

iagree.gif

Timeline
Yum. Scrambled eggs and hash browns. Get him to do both, and then you can have breffrus in the morning too! lol

I just had a Canadian Cheese Whiz and mayonnaise sandwich as a snack while waiting for hubby to come home. Then we'll have pizza. I picked up a Freschetta Pizza Amoré for when he gets home later. Yum. :dance:

stop rubbing it in :P.. first you talk about Alphagetti and then you talk about Cheese Whiz :angry::P

one of my favourite meals back in Canada was a toasted bagel with cheese whiz and a bowl of Alphagetti :(

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline
stop rubbing it in :P .. first you talk about Alphagetti and then you talk about Cheese Whiz :angry::P

:lol: It's been a happy day. :D

:P

hopefully my parents are driving down in a few months.. I am going to have to send them a list of stuff to bring down... :P

I just wish there was some way they could bring down Pizza Pops :(

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

After a day of studyings, its beer and pizza!!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

We bought a $5 rotisserie chicken from the supermarket, I made some potatoes, and we'll have a store bought cheesecake for dessert. Yum....cheesecake....mmmmmmmmmmm!

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
but then I am thinking he could buy a gallon of milk and a dozen eggs for about the same and we could have scrambled eggs and hash browns for dinner :unsure: ... and we do need more milk....

We LOVE having "breakfast" for dinner... at least once a week I clear out whatever veggies I have left in the fridge and saute them all together with some onion and garlic and make omeletts(sp) for dinner..yummy..

tonight I think were having tacos...have some ground beef that needs to be used... also marinating some chicken in Teriyaki sauce for Sundays dinner.. found this marinade on allrecipes (you can also use Cinnamon in place of ginger, we prefer ginger) when we first got married and have been using it for 6 years..we love it for chicken, pork and beef..

Teriyaki Marinade

1/3 cup brown sugar

1/3 cup soy sauce

1/3 cup water

1 large garlic clove minced

1 teaspoon ginger ( I use powdered, not sure how much if you choose to use fresh)

put meat in a ziploc bag or bowl pour marinade over meat...you can marinate for a few hours but I always marinate overnight...mmmm!

Kimmbo (Las Vegas,NV,USA)

Barry (Brampton,ON,CANADA)

Im an American married to a Canadian, I have no kids, yet Im a grandmother, I can pick things up off the floor with my toes

I-130

----------------

Feb/26/07 Sent I-130 (VSC)($190 US)

March/2/07 Rcv'd at VSC

March/5/07 NOA-1

July/23/07 NOA2(147 days)

I-129F

--------------

March/16/07 Sent I-129F (Chicago) ($170 US)

March/21/07 Received in Chicago

March/22/07 NOA-1

April/10/07 Transferred to VSC

April/23/07 Email from USCIS (case pending at VSC)

July/23/07 NOA2(129 days)

July/28/07 Rcv'd at NVC

July/31/07 NVC sent to Montreal

Aug/3/07 Montreal Rcv'd

Aug/8/07 Packet 3 Received

Aug/10/07 Packet 3 Sent

Aug/13/07 Packet 3 Received in Montreal

Oct/17/07 Medical Scheduled (Dr Seiden)

Jan/25/08 INTERVIEW MONTREAL...APPROVED!

Feb/6/08 Montreal sends Visa, finally!

Feb/8/08 Received Visa (14 days)

April/18/08 Moving Day/POE Sarnia

AOS/EAD

--------------

June/21/08 AOS/EAD package sent ($1010)

June/23/08 Received in Chicago

June/30/08 Check cashed

July/01/08 Received NOA's for I-765 & I-485 (dated June 27th)

July/02/08 Touch

July/07/08 Received Biometrics letter (dated July 1st)

July/18/08 Biometrics appt 8am

Aug/30/08 EAD card received (approval dated Aug 26th)

Sept/04/08 Applied for SSN

Sept/15/08 Social Security card received

Jan/23/09 letter received with interview date

March/10/09 INTERVIEW 9:30am...APPROVED!!

March/19/09 Welcome Letter received

March/23/09 GREENCARD RECEIVED, DONE WITH USCIS UNTIL 2019!

Timeline

dinner is about the only time I like to eat Breakfast foods :P

we did end up having scrambled eggs and hash-browns....

I went with hubby to Rite Aid to pick up the milk and eggs and he wanted some ice cream too... but we ended up spending about 20 bucks :P they had a lot of their snack type food on sale and hubby kept piling stuff into the basket :P

tonight we are going to a wedding reception so I have no idea what is for dinner but it will probably be some type of Mexican food...

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, we are actually going to the grocery store this afternoon! This should make dinner more interesting, however for today we will pick up something at the supermarket, like a chicken or pizza.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Pizza for us!! mmmmmmmmm

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Tonight is spaghetti. I made a huge pot of homemade sauce yesterday- I put lots in the freezer for later use.

We have people coming over tonight for the Mardi Grad parades (we live close to the parade route) so it will be so easy to warm some up and boil some noodles.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

It's just me...hubby is working and won't be home til 10pm so I'm having leftover rotisserie chicken, mashed potatoes with cheese on top and a salad with homemade Balsamic Vinegar Dressing. Mmmmmm!

Balsami Vinegar Dressing

1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar

1/4 cup olive oil

2 TB lemon juice

2 tsp soy sauce

1 tsp sugar

3 or 4 garlic cloves, minced (I used the jar stuff)

Salt

Whiz all ingredients together in blender or whisk by hand til oil and vinegar mix. Makes 3/4 cup.

ETA: I forgot the salt but you know, it's pretty good without it.

Edited by KarenCee

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.