Alex+R

Which city would you move to?

We're probably moving away from NYC  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Which city would you rather move to if you HAD to choose from this list?

• Chicago
    • Portland or Seattle
    • San Francisco
    • Boston
    • Los Angeles
    • Jersey City

88 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
JC? What happened to H'ken?

Apparently all of your fine state is off the table now, which I'm cool with.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I just did a search for jobs in Portland in the "IT / Software / Systems" field.... it came up with over 400 jobs...

http://portland.jobs.topusajobs.com/cgi/search.cgi

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Timeline

I'd vote for Seattle/Portland as well.

Boston is nasty - I worked there.

Chicago is expensive (for what it is) and colder than hell.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

None of the above but I did like Chicago....at least in the summer. We are going to move to Colorado.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Losers :P

You're not tough enough for NYC.

The city chewed you up and spat you out.

:whistle:

People always say that. From inside their tiny craptastic apartments with bugs and sh!tty water pressure.

Anyway, nobody needs to be tough to live in NY anymore. This is Disney NY. You've never even been to the "tough" NY.

Either way, I still want to stay. But we're two people.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Well, I could work for M$ in Seattle...

lcrbc080122.gif

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

If I could live anywhere but here (Orlando...my family lives here), it would be anywhere in the Pacific Northwest...

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Alex, I have lived in Portland my whole life. I have been to many other cities, but they always seem to be lacking. We have all the things that a large city The Oregon Ballet, The Oregon Symphony, Portland Art Museum. You would fit in politically too, I bet!

If you like the New York style living you would want to live in the Pearl District Down Town, If you would like the suburban style upper middle class type of living in a house with a decent size yard live on the West Side or Beaverton, If you have the cash you would want to live in the West Hills right above Down Town Portland just next to the Zoo, Like in the Everclear song that goes " I will buy you a big house way up in the west hills." that is where he stole that line from. Ever since I was a boy living in the south east we always said what you think you are rich, you want to live in the West Hills.North and North east Portland are kind of a mixed bag some very expensive 100 year old homes and some of the more of the higher crime, low income areas. I have Lived in South East most all of my life, this is lower middle class blue collar type of area. And I will live here all the rest my life, a minority Republican in a sea of Democrats.

But it is the literally the Garden of Eden compared to the rest of the country.

My beloved Joy is here, married and pregnant!

Baby due March 28, 2009

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Portland was the only place I ever searched on dice.com and didn't find a single result...

Dayton, OH has more opportunities for me than Portland...

That's because Dayton is close to Cincinnati & Columbus - both big cities with big companies.

Portland is full of non-working hippies. ;)

I live in Portland, Dev. Would you consider me a Hippie?

My beloved Joy is here, married and pregnant!

Baby due March 28, 2009

Filed: Timeline
Portland was the only place I ever searched on dice.com and didn't find a single result...

That's because Dayton is close to Cincinnati & Columbus - both big cities with big companies.

You'll have to forgive her (or ignore her).... her brush only comes in one width.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

You'll have to forgive her (or ignore her).... her brush only comes in one width.

:lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!