jawi876

I've created a monster!!!!!

528 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Kimmy,

I have not given the surgery much thought because I exhausted all of my FMLA time, which is why I went back to work. I'm going to see if the doctor can recommend a chiropractor before I consider surgery. I want it to be my absolute last option.

My sister wants me to go ahead and schedule the surgery and talk to HR about keeping my job. But, I'm afraid of not having the FMLA protection.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
.....mi nuh go miss dis ting ...... Ah meet yuh in di place , sistren save a seat for miself. Hanybody call di body guards ? Dem medics ?

Oh this be a mess ! Mi nuh have pic fer di dress mi ah go wear......see yuh there ;)

Omoba!!! Good to see you on...

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Kimmy,

I have not given the surgery much thought because I exhausted all of my FMLA time, which is why I went back to work. I'm going to see if the doctor can recommend a chiropractor before I consider surgery. I want it to be my absolute last option.

My sister wants me to go ahead and schedule the surgery and talk to HR about keeping my job. But, I'm afraid of not having the FMLA protection.

Ok ..I totally understand..do u get vacation days for this year ? was this work related ? Is FMLA given per year or per lifetime of ur job ? can u just use FMLA for one condition or u get it everytime u have serious injury or emergency ?

I pray all goes well

Edited by kimmykashi

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Hey Kimmy,

Ok ..I totally understand..do u get vacation days for this year ? was his work related ? Is FMLA given per year or per lifetime of ur job ? can u just FMLA for one condition or u get it everytime u have serious imjury or emergency ?

I pray all goes well

I was just wondering about that too...because I would think as you enter into a new year, it's like the slate is wiped clean. JAWI - mi dear, mi know seh it ah go awright....God bigga dan all ah dis, He's making the way, I just know it.

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Timeline
Jawi.....hope your in the best of health but I really need fi read mi stories.

Pls don't have mi waiting much longer I might have to hit the book store this weekend and grab mi a Zane book.

:):)

Zane is good :thumbs: But mi tink Jawi lef Zane inna deh dust wit dis 'ere Stella :yes:

You know I never heard of Zane until I saw this comment Dimples made and then the very next day, I was going thru my lil sis dresser and saw a Zane book!!! Something about sorority girls. How ironic is that! I may have to check it out wanna these days.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
Jawi.....hope your in the best of health but I really need fi read mi stories.

Pls don't have mi waiting much longer I might have to hit the book store this weekend and grab mi a Zane book.

:):)

Zane is good :thumbs: But mi tink Jawi lef Zane inna deh dust wit dis 'ere Stella :yes:

You know I never heard of Zane until I saw this comment Dimples made and then the very next day, I was going thru my lil sis dresser and saw a Zane book!!! Something about sorority girls. How ironic is that! I may have to check it out wanna these days.

Lita, mek mi warn yuh; Zane's books are very raunchy! Those sorority sisters are taking sisterhood to another level :devil: (don't worry, it's not girl-on-girl; but ...)

Don't say mi nevah warn yuh...

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Hey Kimmy,

I know I don't know you 'cause I'm new, but I'm so sorry you're having so much pain. If you go to a chiropractor, be careful that it's not one that manually manipulates your spine with hands. Cracking isn't good for you, IMO. My chiropractor got one of these new "cool light laser" machines. The beams look like what you see in a grocery store scanner - you know, the red lines. But he positioned the laser to work on my hip, and I tell ya, it was a miracle. My hip has constantly been in different stages of discomfort and/or pain for YEARS. And it doesn't hurt (it hasn't hurt since he did the thing to it on Wednesday). Insurance doesn't cover it because it's not an "approved" therapy :angry: But my insurance sucks anyway and the treatment is less than my co-pay would be, so it's all good.

Anyway, I don't know what is causing your pain, but it might be worth a try to find a chiropractor who has one of these new machines.

I wish you the best!!!

I-129F

11/15/2007 = Package sent overnight Fedex to CSC

11/16/2007 = Package arrived at CSC

11/21/2007 = NOA1 (according to www.uscis.gov online case status)

11/26/2007 = Check cashed (YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!)

11/28/2007 = Touched

11/30/2007 = Rec'd NOA1 hard copy in the mail

12/20/2007 = Touched

12/21/2007 = Touched

03/12/2008 = Touched (due to phone call)

03/24/2008 = NOA2!!!!!!!!!

03/25/2008 = Touched

04/23/2008 = Touched

05/05/2008 = Arrived at Consulate

05/12/2008 = Picked up Packets 3 & 4

06/24/2008 = Interview Date and APPROVAL

07/02/2008 = Picked up Visa at Embassy

07/05/2008 = Arrival in the U.S.!!!!!!!!! Met at POE in ATLANTA

07/06/2008 = Fly back to Salt Lake City Together!!!!

08/06/2008 = MARRIED TODAY!!!

AOS & EAD

08/23/2008 = Package sent via USPS with Signature Confirmation

08/25/2008 = Package arrived in Chicago

08/26/2008 = Check cashed

09/02/2008 = NOA1 for EAD and AOS received in the mail.

4400355_bodyshot_300x400.gif4400923_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

FMLA is usually given every 12 months, disability might be an option if its offered, but might have to plan ahead, as disability is rarely at full pay. Maybe if the job hears about surgery they would stop being so negative, even though I know its a last resort.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi everyone.

I'm sorry that I have not posted anymore of the story. I really thought that I would be able to finish the story this weekend. But, it doesn't appear to be in the works. I have been in a LOT of pain lately. I'm depressed because I can't get any relief. I'm just tired. Tired through to the bone. I just want to lie down and not get back up. I'm only holding on by a thread for my sons.

I'm dealing with a lot of negativity at work, and its hard not having any real friends in Atlanta. My man is in Canada, and all the people that really love me stay in other states.

I feel like I'm missing out on so much with you guys. I feel out of the loop and like a stranger. I don't know when I'll finish the story, I apologize. I'm just so tired of it all.

Jawi

Jawi,

I am so sorry to hear this. I have been following your story and anxiously awaiting the next post like a crackhead on a corner.... :unsure: And when I read this post my heart just broke!!! The story is great, and you are very talented, but your health and peace of mind comes first. We can wait...

I can't say that I understand your pain, but I understand what you mean by not having any real friends in Atlanta. I live in Atl too. Not from here, and don't have any real friends here. My husband is now here and he is my best friend. But, at one time I was where you are with feeling alone.

I am also a massage therapist and may have some recommendations for you before surgery. My step-father is a chiropractor in Conyers, and he has the lazer that was mentioned in the other post. His patients come from all over the southeast. If you are interested, please feel free to send me a message, and I can share with you what I know and provide you some resources.

Just know that you will never be given more than you can handle. Sometimes we don't know how strong we are until we are forced to use our strength. If you want to talk, I am here. (F)

LovinJA

AOS Timeline:

Mailed I-485 July 2, 2007

Received NOA1 July 11, 2007

RFE: Dated July 24, 2007

Ovnt. requested info. July 30, 2007

Biometrics Appt. Aug. 3, 2007

AOS Interview Sept. 27, 2007

AOS Approval Sept. 27,2007

GREEN CARD Rec. Nov. 1, 2007

Filed: Other Timeline
Hi everyone.

I'm sorry that I have not posted anymore of the story. I really thought that I would be able to finish the story this weekend. But, it doesn't appear to be in the works. I have been in a LOT of pain lately. I'm depressed because I can't get any relief. I'm just tired. Tired through to the bone. I just want to lie down and not get back up. I'm only holding on by a thread for my sons.

I'm dealing with a lot of negativity at work, and its hard not having any real friends in Atlanta. My man is in Canada, and all the people that really love me stay in other states.

I feel like I'm missing out on so much with you guys. I feel out of the loop and like a stranger. I don't know when I'll finish the story, I apologize. I'm just so tired of it all.

Jawi

Jawi,

I am so sorry to hear this. I have been following your story and anxiously awaiting the next post like a crackhead on a corner.... :unsure: And when I read this post my heart just broke!!! The story is great, and you are very talented, but your health and peace of mind comes first. We can wait...I can't say that I understand your pain, but I understand what you mean by not having any real friends in Atlanta. I live in Atl too. Not from here, and don't have any real friends here. My husband is now here and he is my best friend. But, at one time I was where you are with feeling alone.

Just know that you will never be given more than you can handle. Sometimes we don't know how strong we are until we are forced to use our strength. If you want to talk, I am here. (F)

Ditto, ditto Jawi...sorry to hear dear, I hear you on the friend ting. Like hevery one else seh your health come first. Tek care.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi everyone.

Jawi

Jawi,

I am so sorry to hear this. I have been following your story and anxiously awaiting the next post like a crackhead on a corner.... :unsure: And when I read this post my heart just broke!!! The story is great, and you are very talented, but your health and peace of mind comes first. We can wait...

I can't say that I understand your pain, but I understand what you mean by not having any real friends in Atlanta. I live in Atl too. Not from here, and don't have any real friends here. My husband is now here and he is my best friend. But, at one time I was where you are with feeling alone.

I am also a massage therapist and may have some recommendations for you before surgery. My step-father is a chiropractor in Conyers, and he has the lazer that was mentioned in the other post. His patients come from all over the southeast. If you are interested, please feel free to send me a message, and I can share with you what I know and provide you some resources.

Look at dat connection ah mek pon vj

I hear u jawi, most of my friends and support is in boston. mr jengles likes it there, it would be so much easier if I moved back there, but i like the city...at least for now. and beantown is getting so bad it isn't even funny.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline
Hi everyone.

Jawi

Jawi,

Look at dat connection ah mek pon vj

I hear u jawi, most of my friends and support is in boston. mr jengles likes it there, it would be so much easier if I moved back there, but i like the city...at least for now. and beantown is getting so bad it isn't even funny.

please don't go there boston is off the hook. well @ least it's been a couple of days w/one anyone getting killed.

Timeline
Hey Kimmy,

I know I don't know you 'cause I'm new, but I'm so sorry you're having so much pain. If you go to a chiropractor, be careful that it's not one that manually manipulates your spine with hands. Cracking isn't good for you, IMO. My chiropractor got one of these new "cool light laser" machines. The beams look like what you see in a grocery store scanner - you know, the red lines. But he positioned the laser to work on my hip, and I tell ya, it was a miracle. My hip has constantly been in different stages of discomfort and/or pain for YEARS. And it doesn't hurt (it hasn't hurt since he did the thing to it on Wednesday). Insurance doesn't cover it because it's not an "approved" therapy :angry: But my insurance sucks anyway and the treatment is less than my co-pay would be, so it's all good.

Anyway, I don't know what is causing your pain, but it might be worth a try to find a chiropractor who has one of these new machines.

I wish you the best!!!

Wow! I've never heard of these machines. Sounds interesting but i'm always leary of lasers and things inside my body. I've used chiroprators before and have had great results. You know the "cracking" sound you hear is not and actual crack. Its actually just air pockets that are released. Its a common misconception that they crack your bones. The air is what causes pain because it builds up and creates pressure on your joints or spine, etc and when they realign you, they release that air and allow it to move on, and then your body is able to go back into its natural alignment. Sort of think of it as having an air bubble in your stomach. Your stomach begins to cramp up and you feel pain right? So when you are able to "naturally" release that air through a burp or other means :blush: , you instantly feel better becasue that pressure is released. Same thing happens in other parts of you body. Now you can take Pepto and other medicines but if you just let your body natuarally release as it is supposed to you are alleviating the pain and also not introducing a new foreign element into your body.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

I have been following and enjoying your post for the past couple of weeks and i can say i am hooked. I pray that you recover and be completely restored. The word in service has been Healing comes after seven. And on today it was Provision comes after seven. I am hoping that all that concerns you be repaired completely and perfectly. I hope you can get complete peace in everything as well.

Health and wellness to you always

Health and Wellness to you always

May your life be filled with many colors.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.