almaty

worst pain ,,,you have ever experienced...

108 posts in this topic

Question really depends on one's pain tolerance, I suppose. Childbirth was painful, but being on an open air ski lift when it was -25 degrees F made me WISH I was back in childbirth.

My worst pain was being kicked by someone else's horse 2 summers ago... I had just fallen off mine - long story, and NOT a habit - and one of the other horses (a mare - I hate mares) in our group hauled off to try to kick my horse, caught me on the side of my right calf. Had I not been wearing half chaps, my bone would have snapped in two.

We were 8 miles from camp on a trail ride on our way to a restaurant for lunch. We made it to the restaurant where I foolishly unzipped my half chaps to put ice on my leg.... I knew I had to eat something but I was SO nauseous... The pain of zipping the half chaps back up after my leg swelled like a balloon was almost unbearable. And we still had to ride the 8 miles back to our camp site. 30 mins into the ride, the heavens opened up and I found myself in the middle of the WORST thunderstorm I've ever been in in my life. Lightning was literally overhead and the horses were going nuts. We couldn't go any faster than a slow walk because the trail was instantly muddy. I was FREEZING and within about 30 mins, found myself sitting in a PUDDLE in my saddle. At least it kept my mind off my leg.

When we got back to our camp, we still had to untack our horses, load all of our gear (which was soaked), pack up my trailer (there were 4 of us on an overnight trail ride) and drive back to the barn - another 2 hours. By the time I got home and to the ER, it was about 12 hours since the accident.

I'd fractured my tailbone from the fall off my horse, but my leg was not broken. They worried about blood clots so the next day, I went in for an ultrasound of my legs. No clots. I was on bed rest for 2 weeks. I thought I was going to go mad.

It's been 2+ years and I STILL have a bruise, some edema on my calf bone, and a flat spot on the side of my calf muscle that is permanent....

There are details I left out and I keep thinking I might capitalize on it one day and write a story to submit to one of my horse magazines.... all that aggravation should be worth something!

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dry socket for me, worst pain ever. Having a hyst was way easier.

dry socket??? you HAVE to explain that one! :blink:

Ooh yeah... had two of those when I had 3 of my wisdom teeth pulled.... that was AWFUL. Someone told me a remedy of using a drop of clove oil in each socket made the pain INSTANTLY disappear. I was in heaven then....

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/dry-socket/DS00778

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

11-5-06 Married

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

There are some painful experiences here for sure...for me its got two be child birth...I did forget the pain after the first time but now its etched in my memory :o

“Hold on to the center and make up your mind to rejoice in this paradise called life.” ~ Lao-tzu

4374690_bodyshot_175x233_1205371236499.gif4572850_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Filed: Timeline

Worst physical pain was when I had my car accident & needed brain and spinal surgery.

Worst pain ever is when I lost my grandmother. It's still hard 8 years later & there's not a day that goes by that I don't feel a gaping hole in my heart from her not being here anymore.

Edited by LisaD

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Question really depends on one's pain tolerance, I suppose. Childbirth was painful, but being on an open air ski lift when it was -25 degrees F made me WISH I was back in childbirth.

My worst pain was being kicked by someone else's horse 2 summers ago... I had just fallen off mine - long story, and NOT a habit - and one of the other horses (a mare - I hate mares) in our group hauled off to try to kick my horse, caught me on the side of my right calf. Had I not been wearing half chaps, my bone would have snapped in two.

We were 8 miles from camp on a trail ride on our way to a restaurant for lunch. We made it to the restaurant where I foolishly unzipped my half chaps to put ice on my leg.... I knew I had to eat something but I was SO nauseous... The pain of zipping the half chaps back up after my leg swelled like a balloon was almost unbearable. And we still had to ride the 8 miles back to our camp site. 30 mins into the ride, the heavens opened up and I found myself in the middle of the WORST thunderstorm I've ever been in in my life. Lightning was literally overhead and the horses were going nuts. We couldn't go any faster than a slow walk because the trail was instantly muddy. I was FREEZING and within about 30 mins, found myself sitting in a PUDDLE in my saddle. At least it kept my mind off my leg.

When we got back to our camp, we still had to untack our horses, load all of our gear (which was soaked), pack up my trailer (there were 4 of us on an overnight trail ride) and drive back to the barn - another 2 hours. By the time I got home and to the ER, it was about 12 hours since the accident.

I'd fractured my tailbone from the fall off my horse, but my leg was not broken. They worried about blood clots so the next day, I went in for an ultrasound of my legs. No clots. I was on bed rest for 2 weeks. I thought I was going to go mad.

It's been 2+ years and I STILL have a bruise, some edema on my calf bone, and a flat spot on the side of my calf muscle that is permanent....

There are details I left out and I keep thinking I might capitalize on it one day and write a story to submit to one of my horse magazines.... all that aggravation should be worth something!

In my eyes you win, hands down, the most painful experience ever. :D

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

I see a pattern, childbirth and ear infections and I will agree with both. I had a hideous ear infection about 5 years ago on the Thanksgiving weekend and when I finally found someone open to deal with it I begged for them to just cut my ear off or at least lance it. The doctor just chuckled but I didnt think it was funny at all.

and many aspects of childbirth are painful and pretty much suck.

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Jen's story reminds me of when my dad and I were camping in the summer of 2005. He had just gotten a new ax from Sweden and was so excited to try it out that he forgot his glasses. (He'd had Lasik only a few months ago and wasn't used to needing eye protection for wood chopping since he used to wear glasses.) He ended up with a stick in the eye! It was horrible! After I looked into his eye, I threw up. (Still feel bad about that.)

Unfortunately, it was already getting dark, so we had to just go to bed and my dad was really scared about losing his job since he'd lost an eye. The next morning we had to canoe and portage for eight hours to get to our car (luckily we were that close) and he had to lift heavy things since we had so much of it. From there, we had to drive six hours back to Minneapolis before he could see a doctor.

Luckily, after like 3 or 4 surgeries he has his vision back. It was pretty scary though.

i think the worst pain i was in so far was when i had my wisdom teeth removed...and i still have 2 more... :(

met on Hawaii in 2002

got engaged Dec. 19 2004 in Amsterdam

married Sep 15 2005 on Mackinaw Island, MI

AOS Timeline

10/19/2005 NOA1s for AOS and EAD

11/17/2005 fingerprints for EAD and AOS

12/20/2005 EAD approved!!!

03/23/2006 AOS interview in Detroit, MI...APPROVED!!

I 751 Timeline

01/10/2008 I-751 send to NSC

01/14/2008 I-751 arrived at NSC

01/18/2008 check cleared

01/22/2008 recieved NOA1 dated 01/14 case got transfered to CSC

02/12/2008 biometric appointment

03/07/2008 APPROVED!!!

January 2011 BBG

08/01/2011 N400 send to Nebraska

08/04/2011 received by Nebraska

i think the worst pain i was in so far was when i had my wisdom teeth removed...and i still have 2 more... :(

I only had 3... my ex only had 2.... my oldest daughter has none.... seems as though they are evolving away in our family tree :unsure:

In my eyes you win, hands down, the most painful experience ever. :D

A dubious award to be sure... :blush:

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

11-5-06 Married

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok, first let me say OUCH!!! for all the experiences listed here. Whoo, I think just re-living some of these experiences through reading them was painful enough. Mine pale in comparison since I have not yet had children...going to my sister's lamaze class with her last year was mighty painful; it had me second-guessing on whether I wanted to have children. I kept teasing her though when she was going through labor as the video we saw said "the mother goes into a dream-like state when she is in the final moments of labor"..I kept asking her if she had gotten there yet :lol: :lol: lots of respect to all the mothers out there. I look forward with trepidation, the moment of childbirth.

I would say the worst pain I have felt lately was after a root canal on my front tooth...I could not eat and could barely speak. It resonated through my mouth, it was terrible. Then as a child, I tore the ligament in my ankle right before senior prom and fell hard on my back when I was a child. I had to sleep on the floor for a week so that I had a hard surface to lie on.

Lisa - I agree; my worst emotional pain was the loss of my step-mother. She was my heart :(

Edited by JA Tam

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Nobody said getting married was one the most painful experiences?

Where's the, "If it doesn't hurt, it's not love," crowd? :P

that would be my ex zuni girlgriend fay..got hit with a car jack..hot skillet.....ball pin hammer..a rubber mallet..at least 12 ash trays..etc..she loved me allot

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

i still think the inmate with the zipper is the worst experience....he lost most of the skin off his willy and had to have it sewn up with no pain meds...

well d@mn brother Dean... :lol:

brother chad...she believed that if it did not hurt it's not love................she was frisky and i was wioth her for 5 1/2 years

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835