no name

Obama is choking

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

"I think Ronald Reagan changed the trajectory of America in a way that Richard Nixon did not and in a way that Bill Clinton did not," Obama said. "He put us on a fundamentally different path because the country was ready for it. I think they felt like with all the excesses of the 1960s and 1970s and government had grown and grown but there wasn't much sense of accountability in terms of how it was operating. I think people, he just tapped into what people were already feeling, which was we want clarity we want optimism, we want a return to that sense of dynamism and entrepreneurship that had been missing."

Obama's campaign has said the Illinois senator disagrees with much of what Reagan did, and he was merely pointing out that the former president changed the political landscape.

source

----

Mr. I'm-not-negative gets negative...

New Vegas act: Obama mocks Clinton

LAS VEGAS (AP) — The White House campaign has brought a new act to Vegas.

Barack Obama has stepped up his campaign against Hillary Rodham Clinton, and he's trying to use humor to bring her down before this weekend's Democratic presidential caucus.

His argument is starkly different from the "Iowa nice" approach he used in recent weeks when campaigning in the first caucus state. Candidates who go negative there have a history of turning off voters, so Obama rarely criticized Clinton directly in Iowa — instead he made veiled references to "some of my opponents" — and he won the state.

But there's nothing subtle about Las Vegas. With a high-stake match on the line Saturday, Obama embraced local traditions by debuting a biting political standup routine Thursday night that mocked his rival.

Obama began by recalling a moment in Tuesday night's debate when he and his rivals were asked to name their biggest weakness. Obama answered first, saying he has a messy desk and needs help managing paperwork — something his opponents have since used to suggest he's not up to managing the country. Former North Carolina Sen. John Edwards said his biggest weakness is that he has a powerful response to seeing pain in others, and Clinton said she gets impatient to bring change to America.

"Because I'm an ordinary person, I thought that they meant, `What's your biggest weakness?"' Obama said to laughter from a packed house at Rancho High School. "If I had gone last I would have known what the game was. And then I could have said, `Well, ya know, I like to help old ladies across the street. Sometimes they don't want to be helped. It's terrible."'

"Folks, they don't tell you what they mean!" he said. Obama chuckled at his own joke before riffing on another Clinton answer in the debate, when she said that she is happy that the bankruptcy bill she voted for in 2001 never became law.

"She says, 'I voted for it but I was glad to see that it didn't pass.' What does that mean?" he asked, again drawing laughter from the crowd and himself. "No seriously, what does that mean? If you didn't want to see it passed, then you can vote against it! People don't say what they mean.

"You know what I'm saying is true," he said, then addressed his routine directly at audience members who don't know who they will vote for yet. "Undecideds, remember now, remember what I'm saying."

He continued by responding to a new Clinton radio ad that accused him of having financial ties to supporters of the proposed Yucca Mountain nuclear waste site that most Nevadans are loath to come to their state.

"I have said over and over again I'm against Yucca," Obama said. "I'm against Yucca Mountain. I think the science is not there. I've never, I've never been for Yucca. Never been for it. Never said I was for it.

"Suddenly you've got the Clinton camp out there saying, `He's for Yucca.' What part of I'm not for Yucca do you not understand?" he said, then laughed along with his audience.

As the laughter subsided, Obama drove home the broader point he's been trying to make against Clinton the entire campaign.

"Those kinds of tricks, that kind of approach to politics is what has to stop because what happens is then nobody believes anything," Obama said. "The voters don't believe what politicians say. They get cynical. Folks in Congress, they'll tell you they're looking out for you — they're looking out for somebody else. We have to change that politics and that's why I'm running for president."

The Clinton campaign did not respond to a request for comment on Obama's new act.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
It sounds more like Clinton is worried. The air of inevitability is gone. She is running scared.

Huh ???

K-1 Adventure

9/04 - 2/06

Met in Peru, Engaged, Successful I-129F, K-1 interview and Married

AOS / EAD / AP and Remove Condition

3/06/06 - AOS/EAD/AP process begins

3/31/06 - AOS/EAD/AP package Fed Ex'd to Chicago

4/03/06 - AOS/EAD/AP package signed & received

4/10/06 - NOA1's received for AOS, EAD and AP via U.S. Mail

4/11/06 - All 3 checks cashed / $745.00 poorer but worth every penny

4/27/06 - Receive Biometrics appointment letter scheduled for 5/11/06

5/11/06 - Biometrics completed

6/02/06 - Receive notice that AOS only has been transferred to California to speed things along

6/07/06 - E-mail that AOS received in California

6/13/06 - Welcome letter mailed by California... yeah baby

6/17/06 - Official welcome letter received and card will arrive within 3 weeks

6/19/06 - Card arrived in the mail.......

3/08/07 - Trip back to Peru for 10 days and our Religous Wedding

3/2007 - We're Pregnant

12/19/07 - Sebastien Joshua born 8:29am 7lbs 2oz 19.5"

3/14/08 - I-751 Removing Condition is in the mail

3/20/08 - Checked cashed

3/17/08 - I-751 Package signed and received

3/24/08 - Case moved to Vermont

4/17/08 - Biometrics completed

4/21/08 - Touched...........

6/16/08 - Touched once again........

11/3/08 - Touched again.. this is begining to feel good

It sounds more like Clinton is worried. The air of inevitability is gone. She is running scared.

did you even read the posts Gary? :lol:

Of course I did. I saw this on TV last night. I was just making an independent observation. Did you see Hillary try her hand as a flight attendant?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Where's the story here, in either piece? Obama says Reagon changed the US. Obama laughs at his opponents making political statements about their weaknesses rather than his more 'human' answer. He questions when Clinton says, "'I voted for [the bill] but I was glad to see that it didn't pass" - which seems like a legitimate concern. He says that Clinton is saying he's in favour of something he's constantly said he's not. Is it because he's laughing when he says these things, that's the story?

Choking? I don't get it.

"It's not the years; it's the mileage." Indiana Jones

Where's the story here, in either piece? Obama says Reagon changed the US. Obama laughs at his opponents making political statements about their weaknesses rather than his more 'human' answer. He questions when Clinton says, "'I voted for [the bill] but I was glad to see that it didn't pass" - which seems like a legitimate concern. He says that Clinton is saying he's in favour of something he's constantly said he's not. Is it because he's laughing when he says these things, that's the story?

Choking? I don't get it.

"'I voted for [the bill] but I was glad to see that it didn't pass." I don't understand it. If you know, the bill is not good, why did you vote for it? Or she realized after she voted for it that the bill was wrong?

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Even though Sen. Clinton won Nevada, her camp is on the edge and they are pulling out all the stops. So this will become a real slug feast between Sen. Obama and Sen. Clinton until after the dust settles on Feb 5th (that's my prediction). The gloves are off...

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Choking? I don't get it.

Exactly.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Even though Sen. Clinton won Nevada, her camp is on the edge and they are pulling out all the stops. So this will become a real slug feast between Sen. Obama and Sen. Clinton until after the dust settles on Feb 5th (that's my prediction). The gloves are off...

:yes:

Kinda sick really, but mass America get all riled up when they smell blood in the water and all they seem to really want is entertainment. Wether it's true stories or not, if it's sensational they will gobble it up. I have a hard time believing anything that politicians say at this stage, small or large :wacko:

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

:crying: :crying: :crying:

Obama: I feel like I'm running against both Clintons

Posted: 11:15 AM ET

Obama is striking back at Bill Clinton

MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina (CNN) – More #######-for-tat on the campaign trail – only this time, it’s between Barack Obama and Bill Clinton.

After losing the caucus tally in Nevada, the Obama campaign took aim at Bill Clinton and the comments he made during his many campaign stops in that state on behalf of his wife, Hillary Clinton.

Now the Illinois senator himself is taking on the former president, telling Good Morning America that he feels as if he’s running against both Clintons.

In the interview, Obama said that the former president has been misrepresenting both “my record of opposition to the war in Iraq” and “our approach to organizing in Las Vegas,” as the controversy over Saturday’s Nevada caucus vote continues to grow.

Obama campaign senior adviser David Axelrod did not back away from the remarks after they became public Sunday night, telling CNN the Clintons “have a good cop, bad cop thing going” in which “he comes with a negative message she stays positive.”

Axelrod accuses the former President of “doing slash and burn stuff,” and slams the Clinton campaign, saying “there’s a philosophy of saying and doing anything it takes.”

“It’s very clear that Bill Clinton is playing fast and loose with the facts,” says Axelrod, and unbecoming of a former president: “It’s been a little crass, as someone who supported him and respects him, I think it’s disappointing.”

And Axelrod vows Obama will continue to hit back. “As long as he’s out there, we aren’t going to let him distort the record,” he says. “We’ll aggressively challenge him when he misrepresents the facts.”

He also calls on the former president to stop distorting Obama's record. “If he wants to help his wife, just be honest — don’t parse words, don’t truncate quotes to make your case.”

The ABC interview with Obama has yet to air, but the Clinton camp is already fighting back.

“We understand Sen. Obama is frustrated by his loss in Nevada, but the facts are the facts,” said campaign spokesperson Phil Singer. “President Clinton is a huge asset to our campaign and will continue talking to the American people.”

The new brawl comes as the battle between the two camps over the Nevada vote shows no signs of abating, with both sides accusing the other of voter intimidation.

On Sunday, Obama’s Nevada State Director David Cohen said there had been a “clear-cut disenfranchising” of voters in the state because of actions by Clinton supporters, and the campaign's general counsel, Bob Bauer, said they were asking the state and national party to investigate.

Clinton spokesman Howard Wolfson called the allegations “absurd” and “laughable,” and spokesman Phil Singer responded charged that “Sen. Obama’s allies in Nevada engaged in strong arm tactics and intimidation against our supporters.”

Singer also repeated former President Clinton’s charge that the senator’s record on the war had been “inconsistent.”

link

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Do democrats float when you throw them in the water??

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Do democrats float when you throw them in the water??

if they do, then they are a witch!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!