Reeena

Off Topic: Tattoo share

56 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I understand and agree. However, sometimes time can change what is very meaningful today into something far less. I don't think I could even put anything permanently on my body. To each his own, of course! :)

my husband didn't want just any old tattoo.... he wanted one that meant something to him....

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
my husband didn't want just any old tattoo.... he wanted one that meant something to him....

It looks terribly detailed and beautiful. I'm not sure I could sit long enough for something like that.

it only took about 1-1/2 to 2 hours.... the tattoo artist did an awesome job... the tattoo looks way better then the original picture.... :thumbs: and a lot of it was freehand.....

hubbystattoo.jpg

I've been pondering on a tattoo for some time now... The thing that always makes me question getting ones is... Well they are done by needles and it looks painful!

Is it as painful as it looks?

my hubby said it felt like someone was scraping a fork really hard down his arm...

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline
I understand and agree. However, sometimes time can change what is very meaningful today into something far less. I don't think I could even put anything permanently on my body. To each his own, of course! :)

well, I doubt that my hubby's tattoo will ever become less meaningful to him...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

All beautiful tattoos! Have you ever seen one that is badly done?

I remember once, all the girls from the office were out for lunch and the subject changed to tattoos so everyone started showing theirs.

The person sitting next to me had one on her lower back, green - I can't remember what animal it was supposed to be - but I guess it was like a bear or a lion I think (it wasn't whatever I guessed!).

Badly done, lines were not sharp - color was blah.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I remember once, all the girls from the office were out for lunch and the subject changed to tattoos so everyone started showing theirs.

The person sitting next to me had one on her lower back, green - I can't remember what animal it was supposed to be - but I guess it was like a bear or a lion I think (it wasn't whatever I guessed!).

My BF has an 80's rose tattoo'd on her lower back.. it's hideous (She'd say so too), done in someone's living room by a guy who was a pot head.. TERRIBLE work..

her only option is to go dark over the tat.. shame...

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

our nephew's tattoos suck :P we keep telling him that he should go to the guy that did my hubby's but I guess the guy he goes to is cheaper.. :P

his latest tattoo is right on his elbow.. it is a web with the Honda symbol in the middle :wacko::blink: it is totally off center and everything....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline
our nephew's tattoos suck :P we keep telling him that he should go to the guy that did my hubby's but I guess the guy he goes to is cheaper.. :P

his latest tattoo is right on his elbow.. it is a web with the Honda symbol in the middle :wacko::blink: it is totally off center and everything....

:unsure: wow... that's not good... he's going to regret that decision :whistle:

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Timeline

yup, and I can't figure out why he got the Honda Symbol?? he does have a Honda but it doesn't work and he is trying to sell it...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

yup, and I can't figure out why he got the Honda Symbol?? he does have a Honda but it doesn't work and he is trying to sell it...

well.. i have a honda belt buckle.. cause us Honda owners gotta stick together.. but no WAY i'd get it tattoo'd :)

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Timeline

well.. i have a honda belt buckle.. cause us Honda owners gotta stick together.. but no WAY i'd get it tattoo'd :)

yeah, Hondas are great but you shouldn't get them tattooed on our body :no: I think he just wanted to get another tattoo and didn't really think about it...

his other tattoo is his last name in big letters across his back... his uncle (my hubby's brother) has a similar tattoo... :blink:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I agrea every tatoo should have a special meaning to it , I got 7 and love em all

( tony and I got matching tatoos around 5 inches big , a heart with a cobra wrapped around it for eternal Love was basicaly our engadgement soulmates forever promise , before he bought me the ring) , the other tat I got is a dragonfly ( bout 2 years after we met 2 dragonflies kept flying over our heads and mated ), and a catface ( was a coverup of my name my bro bought it for me when he came to canada to visit me ), and a rose , and a lil heart ( for my mom ) and 2 angels on my back with my kids names in a nametag , I love tatoos and aint scared to show em :)

129f for K1 visa filed in march 07 check my timeline for full info

03 March 2008 , received welcome letter and 2 year GC yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

22 NOV 2009 to lift condition GC expires 22 Feb 2010

24 Nov 09 send in I 751 ( ROC , in VT )

25 Nov 09 Your item was delivered at 12:10 PM in SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479 to INS .

30 Nov 09 Check Cashed

21 Dec 09 biometric

On March 9, 2010, we ordered production of your new card.

12 March 2010 received approval letter in mail

16 March 2010 10 year Green Card received in mail exp date March 09 / 2020

April 14/2017 send N400 

04/25/17 credit card charged 

04/25/17 e mail NOA send 

05/01/17 hard copy of NOA dated 04/25 received in mail

05/06/17 biometric hard copy in mail 

05/19/17 Biometric appointment in Hartford CT 

07/17/17 Inline for Interview 

07/24/17 Interview letter in mail 

08/24/17 Interview in Springfield MA ... Yes Aproved

09/14/17 Oath Ceremony .... done I am a US citizen

09/22/17 Applied for Passport ( per reg mail ) 

10/04/17 got passport in mail  

10/13/17 got certificate in mail  , updated status with social security office 

AM DONE YEAHHHHHHHHHHH 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My husband got one done on his bicep last year. When compared to the praying hands he had done on his back in Jamaica, we can really tell the Jamaican artist was not a professional.

Also, I'm wondering if his Jamaican tattoo has high doses of lead content in the ink. Did anyone see that episode of "House" that talked about this?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
I am just not a fan of tattoos. Now if they could make them last, say, two years and then disappear, it could be cool. (Yes, I know about the temporary variety, but I'm talking beyond that.)

Fashion sense changes and people age. I'm sorry, but I think of the small child that has to look at grandma's low back (now wrinkly) tattoo from 50 years ago and asking, "Grandma, didn't they used to cal, those ####### tattoos?"

That's why tattoo placement and the decision you make leading up to getting a tattoo is so important. It isn't for everyone. In 30 years laser removal is going to go down in price IMO..

For me, it's in the center of my back.. so not really a flabby 'saggy' bit anyway.. You'll never see it on this old woman sitting in the Sr.'s home..

I've wanted to tattoo my feet, but have resisted because I know my feet won't always be this pretty!

Foot.jpg

Had this done in August, just after i got back from malta!!, I have a lower back, and shoulder as well

"When a man is educated, an individual is educated; when a woman is educated, a family and a country are educated."

— Mahatma Gandhi

The timeline... (Frankfurt) for the kids visas

10/22/2007 Filed I-130 x 2 in person + paid 710 USD (355 each )

10/22/2007 Filed DS-230 part 1 x 2

10/22/2007 Received the document checklist and FRN (case) numbers

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved, but I didn't know. I was away at the time, didn't get confirmation letters til I got back from the states.

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives in tha mail. According to the date received stamp on back of envelope at my post box.

Will now wait til hubby is back from Iraq to fax in checklist readiness, even though, I have been ready since day of lodging I-130's. all except medical.

02/18/2008 Faxed the "checklist" back to the consulate.

02/25/2008 Medicals completed.

02/25/2008 Appt letters in mail for appt on March 7th. Cant go due to prior military commitments. Emailed consulate and received an amended appt date of March 12th 2008.

03/12/2008 Visa interview - APPROVED x 2

03/27/2008 Visa's finally generated. I emailed the consulate. they apologised for the delay. They forgot to issue the visas after approval.

03/31/2008 Received visas

04/26/2008 Flying out of Frankfurt to next duty station on orders.

Gorgeous tats everyone!!!

Reeena, I love your tat .... I have a sticker on the back of my car that is similar, the Canadian and American flags merged ... I love the concept of Canada and USA together :)

Marilyn, what a meaningful tattoo your husband has .. so beautiful.

I can't show you guys a pic of my tat (trust me, you don't need to see that much of me!!!) .... it is a purple and blue octopus on my breast. I really do love it and, for me, it was a good decision to have it in a place that is not exposed ... although I think there is nothing wrong with exposed tats and really enjoy seeing them!!! I have had mine since I was 19 and wanted something that signified water/ocean which is very special to me.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

I'm just not that concerned about what people think of me.....now or in 50 years.

Plus, where mine are, if anyone sees them it is cause I let them see them.

:thumbs: Beautiful tattoo Kelly :thumbs::star:

Here's my name on hubby's arm.. :luv::luv:

tattoo-1.jpg

I love it!!!!

LUZ.gif

Bible.jpgcm66.gifFor my dear Mother - May 10 '44 -Sept 14 '07