Reeena

Off Topic: Tattoo share

56 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't have pics of mine?? how is that possible? my favorite is an ouroborus (snake eating it's tail, symbol of infinity or continually recreating something by destroying part of it) anyway, the dark half of the snake on my tatoo is patterned like snake skin and the light half has DNA running through it. cause I'm a nerd. can't believe I don't have a picture, and I can't take a picture of it myself-not that flexible

Edited by thermophile

met summer 1999, summer 2000 hooked up-whoo hoo summer fling

summer fling failed to fizzle, married 2003

I-130 mailed 12/15/03

4/1/04 no word from NE contacted senators office, app found

NOA1 4/13/04

Gave up on ridiculously long US process-started Canadian

12/4/04 submitted app

LSS app returned because of missed signatures, lost in transit, resubmitted in June

9/28/05 landed, yippie

10/4/05 fly back to US to "finish up Master's" lose mind and switch to PhD

Damn it back to the US process

3/something/2005 finally get NOA2, no idea why it took so long

4/15/07 get case approval from NVC

8/9/07 Montreal here we come

10/14/07 hubby activated his visa

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

oh and yes it hurts like hell, depending on where you get it. mine are all lower back and cover a circle about 7 inches in diameter, good location for being able to hide them. but you can get pain radiating out because of the needle triggering nerves-not actually hitting the nerves it's more like phantom pain. And keeping from scratching when they've almost healed is tough, but that's part of the process

met summer 1999, summer 2000 hooked up-whoo hoo summer fling

summer fling failed to fizzle, married 2003

I-130 mailed 12/15/03

4/1/04 no word from NE contacted senators office, app found

NOA1 4/13/04

Gave up on ridiculously long US process-started Canadian

12/4/04 submitted app

LSS app returned because of missed signatures, lost in transit, resubmitted in June

9/28/05 landed, yippie

10/4/05 fly back to US to "finish up Master's" lose mind and switch to PhD

Damn it back to the US process

3/something/2005 finally get NOA2, no idea why it took so long

4/15/07 get case approval from NVC

8/9/07 Montreal here we come

10/14/07 hubby activated his visa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't have a picture of my one right now, but I am going to get another one soon.

This is the basic drawing I did before it:

tatt.jpg

I'm going to have my friend who is an artist draw the final tattoo for me. They're going to be balanced in size, which the main idea. The basic outline of both are the same, etc. The fish symbolizes the things in life that I love, like fishing and diving. The beautiful things. The cockroach represents the things that I hate. Roaches disgust me, but they are part of the whole. The roach also pays homage to Shannon Hoon's necklace of roaches tattoo.

It will be located on my back, each one on a shoulder, wrapping around my neck, kind of over the shoulders. The cockroach and fish facing the same direction represents moving toward the things in life that bring me joy and away from those that disgust.

Finally, instead of wedding bands, Lindsay and I are getting matching tattoos that symbolize love and infinity. I don't have a drawing of it handy.

Edited by AnewKINDofFEELIN

All you need is a modest house in a modest neighborhood

In a modest town where honest people dwell

--July 22---------Sent I-129F packet

--July 27---------Petition received

--August 28------NOA1 issued

--August 31------Arrived in Terrace after lots of flight delays to spend Lindsay's birthday with her

--October 10-----Completed address change online

--January 25-----NOA2 received via USCIS Case Status Online

Finally, instead of wedding bands, Lindsay and I are getting matching tattoos that symbolize love and infinity. I don't have a drawing of it handy.

I've been wanting to have tattoo for a long time now and your wedding band tattoo is a good idea.. I might use hubby's name as a ring on mine.. :idea: ..let's see

I hope I can bear the pain.... :blush:

LUZ.gif

Bible.jpgcm66.gifFor my dear Mother - May 10 '44 -Sept 14 '07

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I don't have a picture of my one right now, but I am going to get another one soon.

tatt.jpg

I'm going to have my friend who is an artist draw the final tattoo for me. They're going to be balanced in size, which the main idea. The basic outline of both are the same, etc. The fish symbolizes the things in life that I love, like fishing and diving. The beautiful things. The cockroach represents the things that I hate. Roaches disgust me, but they are part of the whole. The roach also pays homage to Shannon Hoon's necklace of roaches tattoo.

It will be located on my back, each one on a shoulder, wrapping around my neck, kind of over the shoulders. The cockroach and fish facing the same direction represents moving toward the things in life that bring me joy and away from those that disgust.

Dude....why?

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

tatt.jpg

Those designs are really nice! :yes: I like the thought and symbolism of them also. :)

I've got upwards of twenty hours of tattoo work and no pictures of any of it, oddly enough.

Hubby has probably about the same.

wow.,..just symbols..?

sweet-tats.jpg

great tats..if i could only talk sanita into getting a matching set

Edited by almaty

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

stupid_tattoos_37.jpg

wow, i wish i had never gotten this one

Edited by almaty

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
I've got upwards of twenty hours of tattoo work and no pictures of any of it, oddly enough.

wow.,..just symbols..?

His are abstract, sort of on an HR Giger/biomechanical theme. Mine are more tribal-esque, designed and executed by my ex, the tattoo artist (that was convenient!). His are on his upper arms and shoulders, mine are on my back and hips, though plans for extending these are in the works.

What can I say, we like tattoos!

understood gwen, they are very addicting! I got an eagle when I was 18 and said that would be my only one. I now have 4, one on each limb :lol:

wow.,..just symbols..?

His are abstract, sort of on an HR Giger/biomechanical theme. Mine are more tribal-esque, designed and executed by my ex, the tattoo artist (that was convenient!). His are on his upper arms and shoulders, mine are on my back and hips, though plans for extending these are in the works.

What can I say, we like tattoos!

wow, that is cool and so creative..good for you...

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Okay, you can *sort of* see part of mine in this photo. It extends further down towards my knee, up across to my lower back, and up to my shoulders.

Still can't find any photos of hubby's, though. which is odd, considering we met on a site for people interested in tattoos and piercings....i know he *had* photos on there....

post-15967-1200616897_thumb.jpg

excellent tat sister gwen..

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg