Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

Aww - but the thing is when he gets all rich and stuff then you can make a suggestion that you get a ring then... he can afford a more expensive one then :yes:

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Awww proposals are always special... even if they seem less than perfect - it's a unique memory for you!

Mark's actually never asked me outright either. One minute he was asking me if I thought I would ever consider getting married again in the future and insisting I shouldn't be put off by a bad experience, and the next thing I remember about it was him telling me he'd told his Mom we were going to get married! It's nice though because I've had quite a while to get used to the idea and we've talked about lots of stuff to do with the wedding even though we can't officially arrange anything until much nearer the time, especially with CSC being on a go slow at the moment.

I'm thinking of making one of those photobook things to go with my scrapbook.

Anyone else got a proposal / romantic event / happy memory to share?

Settling into married life

Waiting on the EAD, AP, and AOS

Oh yay, random chit-chat thread! I wanna share my proposal! Paul surprised me with a trip to Prague, he stole my passport and didnt tell me where we were going till we got to the airport. He'd asked me several months ago where I wanted to go in Europe. Once there he got this awesome hotel and then took me up on this hill overlooking the city at midnight and got down on one knee. It was so sweet! His mom was super mad when we got back though because he didnt tell her or ask my parents...

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

Aw - I think the low key proposals are the best! I told Alex he didn't need to 'officially' propose to me (we sort of mutually agreed to get married months and months ago) but he wanted to. He was originally going to propose over dinner but he couldn't wait to do that and so he proposed in the morning from bed instead. :D

He didn't get permission from my parents...he proposed in December but we each told our parents in summer.

I DO have a ring - but I felt a little guilty about accepting it, so I asked that it be my Christmas/birthday present. It's titanium with a tension set sapphire - my friends say it's very 'me'.

He just got a web cam! This is so weird, being able to actually see him while we chat. Weird in a good way, though! He just lip-synced himself to a picture of a kitten, this is so ...wrong.

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Timeline

Overlooking the city at midnight sounds super-romantic! Thanks for sharing that ^_^

Titanium rings are becoming more popular I think because they're so durable, perfect for people with gold allergies, and that little bit different. Also bloody expensive! *grins*

Not sure what I'd want if I had an engagement ring because I don't really like wearing rings much due to my eczema. I had a really cheap 9ct gold wedding ring in the past and if even the slightest bit of damp got under it would go all peeling and sore. Mark and I did look at wedding rings recently and I'm very taken with the idea of puzzle rings because they are so pretty but still very simple.

Mark's going to build me a new computer for my birthday ready for when I get there - now that's love for you! *laughing*

Ooohh and webcams are awesome... don't think I could cope without my cam and headset!

Edited by Mark and Hannah

They shouldn't be too expensive! We actually went for titanium because it's cheaper than gold, platinum or even silver! I think they're only expensive if you order them from a jeweller who doesn't work much with the metal...there are some very cheap titanium sellers online.

But yes - great metal for a ring, as you say. Durable, suitable for people with allergies and very light and comfortable to wear. And they allow for secure tension settings that you can't really achieve with softer metals.

Hurrah for building computers! I'm not taking mine with me because it's old and not worth the shipping costs, but I built it myself, and Alex said he'd build me one for my birthday, too. Ain't they sweet?

msu17 - now, if I was into the traditional proposal - THAT is how to do it in style!

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Timeline
Alex said he'd build me one for my birthday, too. Ain't they sweet?

Awesome! We should compare proposed specs *grins* I've not really got the know-how to put together my own - but Mark's promised to teach me - but I sure do know what I want. All I have is a crummy laptop at the moment, but at least it means I can leave it for Mum to use to keep in touch with me after the big move.

Actually assembling the computer from parts is really easy - especially these days, as most components slip into place in the case with minimal use of screws. If you can follow a simple manual there's nothing to it.

The part that trips me up (and that I have to have lots of help with) is working out which components will go together! Different motherboards have different CPU sockets, etc. There are so many different brands out there that I get easily confused. :wacko:

My computer broke earlier last year - it took three weeks to work out which part was broken, order a new motherboard/CPU that would work with my old RAM, discover that the graphics card was also shot and then order a new one of those - and then when all of that was done with, it only took about half an hour to build it!

But hey - if someone else is offering to do all the work for you then you can't really refuse! :thumbs: And yes - we'll compare specs; I'll have to inform Alex that mine has to be at least as good as yours! :whistle:

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

I have a splitting headache :wacko:

I'm blaming my housemate; she recently bought a new bed and it squeaks like crazy whenever she and her boyfriend have sex. 1 am and I was woken up; it felt like I was only an inch away from it.

EDIT: Region free DVD players are the best! Definitely worth purchasing.

We got a dvd player for $25 from K Mart in the summer its toshibia with ntsc and pal output I just got the code from the net to make it multi regional which works a treat as my wife loves Catherine Tate and I can play my english dvd's and A Team Collection.

I love Bill Brysons trips around the usa they remind me of life here in Kentucky. I have an obsession with John Deere for some reason.

Alex said he'd build me one for my birthday, too. Ain't they sweet?

Awesome! We should compare proposed specs *grins* I've not really got the know-how to put together my own - but Mark's promised to teach me - but I sure do know what I want. All I have is a crummy laptop at the moment, but at least it means I can leave it for Mum to use to keep in touch with me after the big move.

Haha - my ring is white gold with two white diamonds and one pink diamond:

pink_dia_3stone.jpg

It's lovely :)

Jeremy is going to build me a puter when I move too!! :lol: I can carry out most basic hardware things but I've never started from scratch before although it looks easy enough - I get confused with all the wires!! I already have my case (saw it in Frys in Vegas last Easter) and I will take my two 80gb HDs with me - they'll do for my OS and general programmes for one and the other will be for downloaded ####### I need to sort out - then I'll get a super huge one for all my music, games etc... :D

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

is there free coffee and donuts like the candian ot thread around here? :unsure:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

pretty ring! i dig the white gold too.

02/01/08 I-129F off to VSC!

02/02/08 VSC Received, signed by P Novak 12:02pm

02/05/08 VSC Cash Check and issue NOA1(online)

02/08/08 Touched

02/09/08 NOA1 received in mail

02/11/08 Touched

02/12/08 Touched

02/15/08 Touched

02/24/08 Touched

05/01/08 NOA2 (email)

05/02/08 Touched

05/06/08 NVC received

05/08/08 Hardcopy NOA2

05/08/08 Left NVC London bound!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Nick and me got our wedding rings from cascadia design studios Ours are titanium.

MY TIMELINES

K1

06/21/2007 - petition mailed....finally

07/09/2007 - NOA1 (hard copy 07/11/2007)

11/13/2007 - NOA2...127days after filing (hard copy 11/17/07)

12/22/2007 - packet 3 rec. (12/28/2007 returned)

01/11/2008 - medical (allergic to tetanus shot, requirement waived)

02/05/2008 - interview @ 10am - APPROVED!!!!!!

03/12/2008 - Flying Glasgow - Dublin - Chicago - Omaha

05/31/2008 - WEDDING

AOS

07/31/2008 - AOS and EAD finally mailed

08/02/2008 - Delivered

08/08/2008 - Check cleared

08/11/2008 - NOA1's for AOS and EAD recieved (reciept date 08/07/2008)

08/16/2008 - Biometrics letter recieved

09/09/2008 - Biometrics at 1pm, Omaha

09/26/2008 - AOS transferred to CSC

09/29/2008 - AOS touched (took out envelope at CSC and put in new pile)

10/03/2008 - AOS touched (probably that RFE coming soon!!!!)

10/06/2008 - AOS touched AGAIN!!! (surely it's an RFE)

10/15/2008 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!YEY!!!

10/27/2008 - EAD IN HAND

01/12/2009 - AOS touched

01/26/2009 - Email from CRIS. GREENCARD PRODUCTION ORDERED..YIPPPPEEE

ROC

10/25/2010 - ROC mailed

11/15/2010 - NOA1 and check cashed

Morning...

It's snowing here this morning. Just started. I always feel like nesting and cooking when it is snowing!!

Edited by ajames79

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

I am a wife!! Whoa this is weird!

Heh - here we have gale force winds and horizontal rain but that evil fine stuff that gets you soaked. AND some @$$hole drove through a puddle next to the (flooded) river so I am sodden up to my thighs... bathtime soon...

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.