Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
As you get to Manchester's arrivals I'll be sitting in their departure lounge waiting for my flight out to Philly which leaves at 11am. :)

Enjoy your trip! :thumbs:

Gillian

p.s. You'll definitely need that umbrella. :yes:

I'm so envious of you! So pleased for you too. I can't wait until I'm sitting in Manchester departure lounge knowing I'm on the way to starting out my life with Jesse. I wish you the best of luck!

p.s. Julez, she's not kidding. You WILL need that umbrella.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
I think Gillian will likely be in the US before I leave as I arrive in Manchester on Saturday morning! I'll wave anyway!

Are you flying US Air? I always use them for trips to the UK. Always works out to be cheapest.

Doh! I keep forgetting about the time difference. :)

Yep, I'm flying US Air and they were the cheapest. Just £297 Manchester to Boston via Philly. :thumbs:

Gillian

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Who did you book that through? Whenever I look at US Airways I get something over £600

I booked it through www.lastminute.com

US Airways own website was a lot more expensive.

Gillian

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Who did you book that through? Whenever I look at US Airways I get something over £600

I booked it through www.lastminute.com

US Airways own website was a lot more expensive.

Gillian

Thank you :)

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
What did people submit with their Subject Access form to prove that they lived at that address?

I want to send off my Subject Access form in the next few months, but I have no official documents that give my address. I don't drive, so I have no driving licence. I don't have a medical card with my current address as I'd have to change doctors as I'm now out of their catchment area - and since I actually like my doctor and the surgery is very close to my work I'm reluctant to tell them I've moved. All my banking is done online and I have no recent official written communication from my bank.

I've sent off for a provisional driving licence and I've also paid for my bank to send me a statement in the post; should either of these two things be okay?

I used my paper NHS card.

Gillian ~ Safe trip over here and welcome to the USA! :D

Julez ~ Safe trip to Blighty! Eat lots of chips for me. :P

No, but an awful lot of my friends enjoy his books! He was pretty popular throughout high school and college.

Morning folks! Jeraly, I'm expecting you to post lots :P

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Anyone here ever read Bill Bryson?

I love his books ^_^

Particularly Notes from a Big Country and also Notes from a Small Island.

Settling into married life

Waiting on the EAD, AP, and AOS

Haha - not doing a grand job posting at the moment - am running around liek a blue @r$ed fly trying to do three jobs at once! One of my colleagues is away so I get to do her work as well - yay!!

Will defo be around at lunchtime and am trying to sneak on while on hold!! How sad am I?!

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Aw! *hugs* I hope your employers appreciate what you're doing!

If you're sad, I must be twice as sad...I put off some work to post here :blush:

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Have heaps of work to do myself - but can't do any of it until the initial stage has been read and approved by the boss *sighs* So another day of boring filing and copying for me... posting here is probably more productive in the grand scheme of things!

Settling into married life

Waiting on the EAD, AP, and AOS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Get to drinking your tea and eating your crumpets and we'll think about it :P

there's not a test here like there is in the canada forum is there? :unsure:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline
As you get to Manchester's arrivals I'll be sitting in their departure lounge waiting for my flight out to Philly which leaves at 11am. :)

Enjoy your trip! :thumbs:

Gillian

p.s. You'll definitely need that umbrella. :yes:

How funny. My sister and BIL's flight is leaving Manchester at 10:50. Or rather, has left Manchester. They arrive here at 14:50. So excited. But so much to do. :o Think I'll have a cup of tea first. :blush:

BTW, I got really confused when I kept seeing your name, Gillian. That's mine too. And, because you never see anyone with that name over here I was thinking.... Oh! They're talking to me! :lol:

iagree.gif

Haha - well with our crazily slow system and me doing about three people's work I am tired stressed and have a headache!! BUT I worked through lunch so I get to go home at 4pm - w00t! Then I am going grocery shopping with my mum where I will buy a big bottle of wine and some (hopefully not too unhealthy but the way I am feeling right now :unsure: ) munchies so I can chill out on here tonight/tomorrow :)

Actually tomorrow is CSI night :)

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.