Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Glad you get to go home early Aly - you've more than earned it with such a busy day - and all that extra work and stressing must surely have burned off more calories than a normal day - so treats are in order!

Wish I had that excuse *sighs mournfully with added drama* but this is my fifth day in the land of no chocolate and I'm trying to convince myself that I might have lost half a pound.

On the plus side my Mum bought me a lovely little carry on case yesterday that she saw in a sale!

Settling into married life

Waiting on the EAD, AP, and AOS

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Anyone here ever read Bill Bryson?

I've read his, and he recently penned an interesting biography on Shakespeare (which was very interesting!).

My Timeline

Summer 2005 - Introduced online by a mutual friend

December 2005- Meet face to face. Mark 12/20 official start date.

June 9, 2007 - NOA1 from VSC

February 20, 2008 - APPROVED!!!

February 21, 2008 - paperwork forwarded to NVC.

February 27, 2008 - paperwork sent to Consulate.

March 6, 2008 - Packet 3 recieved.

March 19, 2008 - Packet 3 returned. (minus checklist!)

April 21, 2008 - Returned checklist. All Packet 3 in London.

May 7, 2008 - Medical.

May 30, 2008 - Interview. APPROVED.

July 27, 2008 - Arrives in US.

August 8, 2008 - Legal Wedding

AOS:

Sent: 10/17/08

Notice of Receipt: 10/23/08

I-765 - Rejected: 10/22/08

I-765 Resubmitted: 11/5/08

I485 RFE (for already submitted documents): 11/10/08

Biometrics appointment: 11/14/08

RFE returned: 11/15/08

Transferred to CSC: 5/15/09

Card Production ordered: 7/28/09

Yup - definitely excused, with all that work. Enjoy your evening!

Hannah - tell me about it. I'm trying to be chocolate free, too. I know it's my one vice and I'd really love to shift some weight this year! Unfortunately my friend bought me a Crunchie yesterday, and, well, I couldn't hurt her feelings, could I?!

Instead of the occasional chocolate bar I've been spreading some Nutella on a slice of wholemeal toast. I like to think it's a little bit healthier. Fewer calories, at least!

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Hey all -- I'm sure you'll be pleased to note that I managed to get my coffee this morning. Victory is mine! :lol:

Going mental anyway -- had a FedEx package I desperately need NOT delivered because for some reason the delivery dude thought the office was not open. Hello? FedEx? I AM SITTING RIGHT HERE. At this very moment. :angry:

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Sure, My husband and I both read Bill Bryson.

We enjoy him.

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

I am a wife!! Whoa this is weird!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
anyone know if you can get season 3 of little britain on dvd here?

If you have a multi region DVD player and an LCD TV you could order it from UK Amazon and have it shipped over here. That's if you can't get ahold of it in the States.

That is such a good excuse!! Ok - I don't feel so bad now - it is so nice being home early in my slippers :D Think might have quick bath and get into some joeys (comfy clothes) before going to the store with mum so when I get back I can just put my slippers on and relax :lol:

Man I sound so old!!

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: Timeline
anyone know if you can get season 3 of little britain on dvd here?

Amazon.com has a lot of Little Britain items but I can't quite tell if they have Season 3. I just ordered The Up Series. The first 2 or 3 came on Canadian TV but then never continued, so it was driving me mad to know what happened to everyone.

I've read his, and he recently penned an interesting biography on Shakespeare (which was very interesting!).

I just ordered this for my son. He loves Shakespeare.

iagree.gif

I have a splitting headache :wacko:

I'm blaming my housemate; she recently bought a new bed and it squeaks like crazy whenever she and her boyfriend have sex. 1 am and I was woken up; it felt like I was only an inch away from it.

EDIT: Region free DVD players are the best! Definitely worth purchasing.

Edited by Alex & Rachel

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Timeline
my friend bought me a Crunchie yesterday, and, well, I couldn't hurt her feelings, could I?!

Of course not! *laughing* I'm trying to be good because Mark will be here soon and I don't want him remembering me for the next six months as having thighs this chunky (am always at least half a stone lighter in the summer).

Hmmm... and I'm pretty sure I've seen Season 3 of Little Britain on Amazon.com in NTSC format.

Settling into married life

Waiting on the EAD, AP, and AOS

Filed: Timeline
I have a splitting headache :wacko:

I'm blaming my housemate; she recently bought a new bed and it squeaks like crazy whenever she and her boyfriend have sex. 1 am and I was woken up; it felt like I was only an inch away from it.

:o Knock on their door the next time and ask if everything's okay. :innocent:

iagree.gif

:lol: That would be hilarious!! My brother went through that with his (now ex) "fiance" (he was 19, she was 17 and basically screwed him for all he was worth - no pun intended :lol:)... It was gross cause it's my BROTHER and I have the room next to him... And it wasn't just squeaky bed... *shudders thinking of it*

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

:lol: That would be hilarious!! My brother went through that with his (now ex) "fiance" (he was 19, she was 17 and basically screwed him for all he was worth - no pun intended :lol: )... It was gross cause it's my BROTHER and I have the room next to him... And it wasn't just squeaky bed... *shudders thinking of it*

:o

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

my friend bought me a Crunchie yesterday, and, well, I couldn't hurt her feelings, could I?!

Of course not! *laughing* I'm trying to be good because Mark will be here soon and I don't want him remembering me for the next six months as having thighs this chunky (am always at least half a stone lighter in the summer).

I'm the same way (half a stone lighter in summer) but fortunately Alex has seen me the past two Christmases, so I know that if he can put up with that, we'll be okay! Doesn't mean I don't get embarrassed, though!

:o Knock on their door the next time and ask if everything's okay. :innocent:

Hehe

She 'only' gets to see him once every 1-3 weeks (I know, nothing compared to what we go through, right?!) so I didn't want to say anything...but perhaps if it does manage to wake me up again (I'm usually a pretty heavy sleeper) I'll ask very politely if there is anything she can do to lessen the noise. I know how difficult it is to try and curb your noise levels when you're on the floor above, though - last year we were in a different house and I was the one in the attic room, and she often had to request that I turn my computer's volume down/tread more softly when I wasn't even aware I was making all that much noise to begin with!

Edited by Alex & Rachel

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.