Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

Haha - yeah I keep telling myself gym when I move... I just hope that I stay upbeat and don't get all miserable and lame while I wait for EAD and a job and whatnot!! I really want to take this chance of moving to be who I want to be and do what I want to do :D

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Very stressful, glad that is behind me now, finished all treatment on Christmas eve. I can only look forward now, forward to my new life in the USA.

Going through a thing like cancer gives you a whole new outlook on life. I say to everyone live your life, do what you want to do, life is too short to hesitate, just go for it. I'm just happy to be alive and be given the opportunity to have a lot of years ahead of me :)

Never put off what you can do today!!!!

:thumbs: Glad you are on the mend Sally!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

So, I'm gonna drift off the current off topic!

I'm home now and packing for my trip to the UK!!!! I am beyond excited!!!!!!!!!!! I have my daughter pretty well packed already and am just starting in on my stuff, though I have lots set aside that just needs to be put in the case. Also some last minute laundry and then pack bags for my sons to take to their respective havens for the week I'm away! A lot of work, but so worth it! I haven't seen Griff in over 3 months! I just can't wait to see him!

He keeps telling me the weather will be sh!te, and I keep telling him I'm not going for the weather! Its the chips!!! :lol: But seriously, I'm from Buffalo NY where the winter is evil, so its not like some UK rain is gonna keep me away from my man!

Yay!! You must be so excited!!! I see Jeremy in three weeks today if I get through immigration - just can't let myself get excited because I am too nervous!! What time do you leave?!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
So, I'm gonna drift off the current off topic!

I'm home now and packing for my trip to the UK!!!! I am beyond excited!!!!!!!!!!! I have my daughter pretty well packed already and am just starting in on my stuff, though I have lots set aside that just needs to be put in the case. Also some last minute laundry and then pack bags for my sons to take to their respective havens for the week I'm away! A lot of work, but so worth it! I haven't seen Griff in over 3 months! I just can't wait to see him!

He keeps telling me the weather will be sh!te, and I keep telling him I'm not going for the weather! Its the chips!!! :lol: But seriously, I'm from Buffalo NY where the winter is evil, so its not like some UK rain is gonna keep me away from my man!

And rain you will have.

Seriously, have a good trip Julez, see you when you get back. I will look after things here

Take care - Maggie xxx

Edited by mustang-sally

K1

02/09/2007 I-129F Petition received at Nebraska SC

09/11/2007 Medical scheduled at 10.30am

01/14/2008 Interview at 9.30am Approved

03/13/2008 POE

04/22/2008 Wedding

AOS

05/23/2008 Filed for AOS, EAD and AP.           

09/08/2008 EAD card received.                         

09/15/2008 AP received.                                    

11/25/2008 Card production ordered

Removal of Conditions

10/22/2010 Filed for Removal of Conditions

12/18/2010 Green Card received

Naturalization

11/21/2016 Mailed N400 Naturalization application

11/29/2016 Application received

12/02/2016 NOA1

12/30/2016 Biometrics

01/04/2017 In line for interview

02/09/2017 Received interview letter

03/16/2017 Interview in St Paul, Mn - PASSED!!

03/16/2017 Same day Oath Ceremony

Timeline
Yay!! You must be so excited!!! I see Jeremy in three weeks today if I get through immigration - just can't let myself get excited because I am too nervous!! What time do you leave?!

Tomorrow we leave Buffalo @ 5:30 and Philly @ 9:00, arriving in Manchester @ 9:00 AM.

I took the afternoon off today and all day tomorrow as I have so much to do, plus I can focus on nothing other than my trip, so there is little point to my being there anyway!!

Timeline
And rain you will have.

Seriously, have a good trip Julez, see you when you get back. I will look after things here

Take care - Maggie xxx

Thankfully my Mom bought me a super umbrella for Christmas, so hopefully I'll at least keep my head dry!

Thanks for minding the list in my absence! I do appreciate it Maggie! And believe me, we will have a wonderful time! We're all so excited as its my daughter's first time to the UK. She is 8 and bouncing off the walls! :lol: Its her first time flying too, so I really hope she will sleep on the plane! :help:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Tomorrow we leave Buffalo @ 5:30 and Philly @ 9:00, arriving in Manchester @ 9:00 AM.

I took the afternoon off today and all day tomorrow as I have so much to do, plus I can focus on nothing other than my trip, so there is little point to my being there anyway!!

As you get to Manchester's arrivals I'll be sitting in their departure lounge waiting for my flight out to Philly which leaves at 11am. :)

Enjoy your trip! :thumbs:

Gillian

p.s. You'll definitely need that umbrella. :yes:

Glad you figured that out early -- makes it easier in the long run. ;)

:lol:

Safe journeys, everyone! And if anyone has a layover I hope you make your connecting flight! Don't get stranded like I did :P

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Gillian and Julez can wave at each other!! :D

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Timeline

I think Gillian will likely be in the US before I leave as I arrive in Manchester on Saturday morning! I'll wave anyway!

Are you flying US Air? I always use them for trips to the UK. Always works out to be cheapest.

Edited by julezabelle

I flew US to Philly from Manchester 14 months ago in cattle class was a good smooth flight leg room was ok but I flew Envoy Class on the way back to Manchester was drinking champagne whilst the cattle class was boarding I felt abit like Mrs Bucket then I got moved to the front of plane to the bed seats that was heaven.

Have a safe flight.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Yay for regional off topic threads! :dance: Canada's got a good one too. Don't they Charles? :P Does this mean I have to post twice about the same thing? :unsure:

yes canada does :thumbs:

maybe we can get honorary british membership here like we do in the canada forum :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Get to drinking your tea and eating your crumpets and we'll think about it :P

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.