Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

I do nothing - I don't even walk much now I am no longer having to trek around campus in uni - I sit on my behind in work all day tapping away at my puter and phonig car dealers and auction houses!! Ok so I have dextrous fingers but that really isn't helping my tum and thighs... :angry:

I lost a whole ton of weight when I got over here -- combination of diet and exercise, the old-fashioned way. Then...Christmas. Holy moley, Christmas. Cookies. Chocolate. 10 days off work lying on my behind eating cookies and chocolate.

I am now larded with fat all around my middle, even if my arms are still looking pretty good!

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I have dextrous fingers but that really isn't helping my tum and thighs... :angry:

Same here... other than a brief 20 minute walk in the morning - downhill! *sighs*

I'm going to need to go on a really strict healthy diet pre-wedding so that I don't look like a hippo! Luckily it is always easier for me to lose weight in the summer, but I'll still need to do some major exercise to tone up my thighs *is depressed already at the thought*.

Settling into married life

Waiting on the EAD, AP, and AOS

Ouchies - I think I kinda did the same though it was for longer than 10 days... I started early and now I am scared to try on my wedding dress!!!

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

It's the same every Christmas, too, no matter how hard you try to avoid it!

Supposedly you can still help your muscles when you're at a desk by lifting your feet off the ground, or pulling in your stomach - little exercises like that.

My middle's definitely a bit squidgy - I was doing pretty well with running regularly over the summer and eating porridge and eggs before setting off for work, but with the advent of cold, dark winter I started taking cereal bars to work so I could stay in bed longer and didn't go to the gym because I wanted to get back to a lovely, warm house.

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

See - now we all need to get together and go jogging or something... pity we don't all live around the corner from each other - we need motivation - I can only get motivated by other people - if I feel I am letting someone down I will stick with it!!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

My gym is nowhere near my work or house, which makes it worse. I used to be a member of a Holmes Place gym in Holloway that I had to go by on the bus home from work. It was about three bus stops before my normal one, so walking home was also a cinch. However, when I look back at how much I paid... How in the world did I ever, EVER think it was normal to pay 49 quid a month for a freakin' gym membership? It's not like I was paying for flunkies to mop my sweaty brow as I trudged away on the elliptical glider, or that they provided cashmere towels, or there was some nice lady in the loo waiting to wipe my behind with silk loo roll.

I am much happier with $10 a month at Planet Fitness!

Filed: Timeline
Ouchies - I think I kinda did the same though it was for longer than 10 days... I started early and now I am scared to try on my wedding dress!!!

:( After I moved here I gained so much weight (partly from the HFCS in everything I think) that I could no longer fit into my wedding dress. I had to go out and buy a new one. I'm hoping I can lose enough weight to fit back into it for my daughter's wedding. (It's not a wedding dress wedding dress. So you can all stop thinking I'm a little touched in the head now.) :lol:

iagree.gif

LMAO - yeah - that would be pretty funny trying to upstage the bride!! :lol: My dress cost £400 so really better fit into it!!!

And yeah - I begrudge spending money on going to the gym... I have never paid!! I have never been either... :whistle: Jeremy and I are going to go together when I move :luv:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

What did people submit with their Subject Access form to prove that they lived at that address?

I want to send off my Subject Access form in the next few months, but I have no official documents that give my address. I don't drive, so I have no driving licence. I don't have a medical card with my current address as I'd have to change doctors as I'm now out of their catchment area - and since I actually like my doctor and the surgery is very close to my work I'm reluctant to tell them I've moved. All my banking is done online and I have no recent official written communication from my bank.

I've sent off for a provisional driving licence and I've also paid for my bank to send me a statement in the post; should either of these two things be okay?

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

My gym is nowhere near my work or house, which makes it worse. I used to be a member of a Holmes Place gym in Holloway that I had to go by on the bus home from work. It was about three bus stops before my normal one, so walking home was also a cinch. However, when I look back at how much I paid... How in the world did I ever, EVER think it was normal to pay 49 quid a month for a freakin' gym membership? It's not like I was paying for flunkies to mop my sweaty brow as I trudged away on the elliptical glider, or that they provided cashmere towels, or there was some nice lady in the loo waiting to wipe my behind with silk loo roll.

I am much happier with $10 a month at Planet Fitness!

I pay £47 a month. :crying: But I like the gym and it's close to work. I figure it's better paying for a gym membership at a gym I'll actually go to, rather than paying a lot less for one I don't.

:( After I moved here I gained so much weight (partly from the HFCS in everything I think) that I could no longer fit into my wedding dress. I had to go out and buy a new one. I'm hoping I can lose enough weight to fit back into it for my daughter's wedding. (It's not a wedding dress wedding dress. So you can all stop thinking I'm a little touched in the head now.) :lol:

That's the best kind of wedding dress - one that's multi-functional!

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
LMAO - yeah - that would be pretty funny trying to upstage the bride!! :lol: My dress cost £400 so really better fit into it!!!

And yeah - I begrudge spending money on going to the gym... I have never paid!! I have never been either... :whistle: Jeremy and I are going to go together when I move :luv:

I intend on joining a gym when I get there, good way to meet people I think and you never know I might get some exercise in too :lol:

I have never joined a gym here (I did win 6 months free membership at a local one a few years back on a raffle :) but refused to pay the £50 a month to stay there). It seemed an awful lot of money to ride a bike or jog, even though I could watch skytv while doing it :P

K1

02/09/2007 I-129F Petition received at Nebraska SC

09/11/2007 Medical scheduled at 10.30am

01/14/2008 Interview at 9.30am Approved

03/13/2008 POE

04/22/2008 Wedding

AOS

05/23/2008 Filed for AOS, EAD and AP.           

09/08/2008 EAD card received.                         

09/15/2008 AP received.                                    

11/25/2008 Card production ordered

Removal of Conditions

10/22/2010 Filed for Removal of Conditions

12/18/2010 Green Card received

Naturalization

11/21/2016 Mailed N400 Naturalization application

11/29/2016 Application received

12/02/2016 NOA1

12/30/2016 Biometrics

01/04/2017 In line for interview

02/09/2017 Received interview letter

03/16/2017 Interview in St Paul, Mn - PASSED!!

03/16/2017 Same day Oath Ceremony

I am loving the $10 a month here in New Haven (well, next town over). BIG improvement over even what the Council gym cost in Islington (I think it was 35 a month, no discounts for me!). Plus, the Archway Leisure Centre scared the bejeebus out of me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.