Jeraly

~July 2007 K-1 Filers~

4,632 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Congrats, Aly on both your EAD and AP!!! Sorry Charles! has sullied this special day for you with all his petty nonsense.

that's right, blame me. it's the best you can do.

Well, Charles! this thread has always been a very happy place to be, until you started posting her, that is.

posting her? who is that?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Colorado was lovely - didn't like Denver (sorry!) but that was more because it is a large city than it being anything personal ;)

Yeah, there's really not a lot of special about Denver. Downtown Denver is kinda cool, but in recent years it's been so stripped of uniqueness that you could really be in any mid-sized downtown area. Did you make it to Boulder? Boulder is my favorite city in Colorado, has a lot of personality, but is sadly pretty expensive to live in.

We travelled up as far as Loveland but I preferred Longmont. Jeremy thought that it was really busy there and he didn't like that but I loved the little main street and the residential areas looked nice too - some were a bit run down but meh - you get that anywhere and whatever we end up buying will take work for it to be "ours" anyway :)

I'm surprised he thought Longmont was busy. It's a pretty small town/city, and has a reputation for being very laid back. If I ever move back to Colorado, Longmont will be near the top of my list. Loveland is nice, but very touristy.

We loved the little places in the mountains most though I think - I think the only problem with them is that they are so far away from anything - one place had a Walmart (at about 10,000 ft :lol: ) but most of them were so tiny it made me wonder how I would ever get a job without having to commute down a mountain and back to work each day :unsure: It's a bit of a pain - trying to balance the practicalities with the places we liked... but we have a few places in mind now though so just need to research them all more thoroughly :)

I think it's Sterling that has the Walmart. The mountain towns are great places to live, but the winters are hard and like you say, employment would be interesting.

Sounds like you enjoyed it overall! If you ever want more specific info, let me know. :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Well, Charles! this thread has always been a very happy place to be, until you started posting her, that is.

/changes into civilian clothes

Seriously. It's been fun Charles! but you need to leave now. This is a community of friends (the thread title might have been a clue) that wants nothing to do with you, and I'm sure you really want nothing to do with us. We had a laugh, you had a laugh, we are even-steven. So please...take your leave now and exit as gracefully as you can muster. Seriously.

i'll take that under consideration.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Yeah, there's really not a lot of special about Denver. Downtown Denver is kinda cool, but in recent years it's been so stripped of uniqueness that you could really be in any mid-sized downtown area. Did you make it to Boulder? Boulder is my favorite city in Colorado, has a lot of personality, but is sadly pretty expensive to live in.

I love Boulder - my brother used to live there. When I visited with my husband last spring he practically wanted to up and move immediately just for the bike shops.

90day.jpg

Filed: Timeline

I love Boulder - my brother used to live there. When I visited with my husband last spring he practically wanted to up and move immediately just for the bike shops.

I used to work for Schwinn (I ran their computers), back when they were HQ'd in Boulder, before they were dismantled and sold. It was really cool work, and we had a zillion different bikes scattered throughout the building that you could just grab and go for a ride on. Some really classic Schwinns too. Just grab a Phantom and go for a ride during lunch around Boulder. Really fun times! Boulder is by far the most bike friendly city in the country.

We didn't make it to Boulder :cry: We didn't make it up to Fort Collins either which is a pity but I did prefer the northeast... Longmont has a population of 80,000 or so but I think the real thing that put Jeremy off was when he tried to turn left at some lights in the dark but when they changed he couldn't see a place to turn into even though there was a left turn lane. There were people honking at him and he was tired and freaked out a bit and I think it scarred him for life :lol:

I think the place we were thinking of was Woodland Park? Yeah - I think that is where we saw the Walmart :lol: It wasn't *too* far from Colorado Springs so could be commutable in theory but yeah - while I want snow, I kinda only want it for about 2-3 months of the year... not 12!!! Jeremy really wants a house out in the woods with an acre or so of land. I'd love that too, but at the same time am very aware that we will both need to work, when we have kids they will need a school... why does picking a place to live have to be so complicated?! Gimme the USCIS any day of the week!!!

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm going to ask that you please get this thread back on track. Everyone just leave their respective baggage at the door and return this thread to its original purpose. No more digs or insults please. No last words, no more quoting that stuff, nada.

I'm considering removing all of the recent off topic stuff so you can all move on.

Let me know what you guys think. :)

I'm happy with that. But then I'm happy with it either way ;)

Actually... it really annoys me when references are made to things that don't exist anymore so I am prolly happier with it all to be left :lol:

But to keep things on track - anyone want to help me with my resume and cover letter?! I hate these things! I have both drafted but they are both pretty lame :blush:

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

yes, great idea! Jeraly, new thread at your convenience, please :)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.