sanfranguy

can my fiances daughter enter with her at same time?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

hi all.

i had a community based non profit do my k1 filing for me but i didnt like the way they treated me. they were not too helpful and they were kind of rude. the lady that filed for me told me that i would have to file for her daughter once my fiance arrives in the u.s but i have been reading around the net and it doesnt seem like i would have to wait. does anyone know or have gone through this? im at the point of already have recieved the letter from USCIS stating that the paperwork was sent to the NVC. We planned to bring her daughter in after a few months so its not a problem. I just want to make sure its not too late. And I have 2 more questions...1=how long before my fiance can leave to visit her country and 2=is there such a thing to bring in the family for the wedding as guests?the people that filed for me also told me there was some sort of pass for this.By the way...shes in Mexico if that helps any. Thanks for your help and I will post any help I can offer to others.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
hi all.

i had a community based non profit do my k1 filing for me but i didnt like the way they treated me. they were not too helpful and they were kind of rude. the lady that filed for me told me that i would have to file for her daughter once my fiance arrives in the u.s but i have been reading around the net and it doesnt seem like i would have to wait. does anyone know or have gone through this? im at the point of already have recieved the letter from USCIS stating that the paperwork was sent to the NVC. We planned to bring her daughter in after a few months so its not a problem. I just want to make sure its not too late. And I have 2 more questions...1=how long before my fiance can leave to visit her country and 2=is there such a thing to bring in the family for the wedding as guests?the people that filed for me also told me there was some sort of pass for this.By the way...shes in Mexico if that helps any. Thanks for your help and I will post any help I can offer to others.

My guess is that that rude lady made a BIG mistake.

Its wrote that you have to fill all the children (even if they dont come).

Children Have Derivative Status

The child of a fiancé(e) may receive a derivative K-2 visa from his/her parent’s fiancé(e) petition. You, the American citizen petitioner, must make sure that you name the child in the I-129F petition. After the marriage of the child’s parent and the American citizen, the child will need a separate form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status. The child may travel with (accompany) the K-1 parent/fiancé(e) or travel later (follow-to-join) within one year from the date of issuance of the K-1 visa to his/her parent. A separate petition is not required if the children accompany or follow the alien fiancé(e) within one year from the date of issuance of the K-1 visa. If it is longer than one year from the date of visa issuance, a separate immigrant visa petition is required.

Remember that in immigration law a child must be unmarried. The stepparent/stepchild relationship must be created before the child reaches the age of 18.

Richard & Chantal

"We are each of us angels with only one wing. And we can only fly while embracing each other."

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Damn, that sucks! Sanfranguy, was your fiancee's daughter named on the I-129F? And does anyone know if he can apply for the K-2 for the daughter if the service center has already received his application?

Sep/Oct 2006 - We met online randomly, courtesy of Google and Myspace! Became best friends very quickly!

May 2007 - I booked tickets to go see Lauren in AL in November '07

June 2007 - Decided to date online

September 2007 - Fell in love!

November 2007 - I flew to Alabama to meet Lauren for the first time. We spent a PERFECT week together!

April 2008 - Lauren came to stay with me in England for a week!

May 5th 2008 - Mailed our K-1 application

July 31st 2008 - FINALLY received NOA1 (letter)

November 20th 2008 - Visited Lauren in AL for her birthday =D

January 21st 2009 - Received our NOA2 (letter)

February 6th 2009 - Received Packet 3

February 9th 2009 - Sent off Packet 3

February 20th 2009 - Medical

March 5th 2009 - Received Packet 4

March 12th 2009 - Interview - missing co-sponsor I-134 and tax returns! D'oh!

March 17th 2009 - Sent off missing forms and passport to US Embassy via SMS courier

March 23rd 2009 - Passport returned WITH VISA!

April 9th 2009 - Flying to Alabama

UK/N.Ireland Visa Filers - Do you have the NEW ACPO Police Record Certificate? Click Here (VJ Thread) To Learn More! (The old Subject Access Statement won't do any more!)

Read My Interview Review here

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

i found that :huh:

Should I include all of my Fiance�s children in the K visa petition?

A. USCIS holds that all children of a K-1 beneficiary must be listed on the visa petition. If the beneficiary has a child not named in the petition, the consular officer must suspend action and return the petition to USCIS for reconsideration.

Richard & Chantal

"We are each of us angels with only one wing. And we can only fly while embracing each other."

.png

Timeline

oh my god:| i am pissed! i just checked the i 129f form and yes ...the lady did list her on the application. but.... she failed to put her whole name like it was on her birth certificate. all she put was her first 2 names..not the last. great. i really hope there wont be an issue at the interview as long as she points this out and has her birth certificate with her. What do you guys think? Should I worry over the last name?

i found that :huh:

Should I include all of my Fiance�s children in the K visa petition?

A. USCIS holds that all children of a K-1 beneficiary must be listed on the visa petition. If the beneficiary has a child not named in the petition, the consular officer must suspend action and return the petition to USCIS for reconsideration.

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

Yes the lady does not know what she is talking about, and should have filled out the form correctly. You made a mistake by not checking over the form before signing it.\

By this time your fiancee should be getting permission from the childs father to emigrate. The consulate will require this permission.

Talk to a lawyer. The consulate may send the whold thing back if the names are not correct.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

OH... and have her take more than just the birth certificate to the interview. She needs to take her child!

I have heard of many women that fail to bring their children to the interview and that is a very bad thing. No visa issued.

As for the name - you can simply send a copy of the birth certificate to the USCIS office that has your file so they can add it as evidence. I do assume you have already filed.

Good luck and keep us informed.

03/09/2007 - I-129F sent

03/13/2007 - NOA1

03/24/2007 - Touched

04/07/2007 - Touched

04/19/2007 - Called VSC again - was told my petition was on someone's desk waiting for an RFE clerical entry

04/20/2007 - RFE via website stating they mailed via snail mail- no clue what they need or want

04/23/2007 - Touched ??? the monday after RFE? Why?

05/02/2007 - RFE received (10 days to receive RFE in mail! UGH!!!!)

05/14/2007 - Evidence delivered fedex signed for by A.Scott

05/15/2007 - Touched - Evidence received.

05/16/2007 - Touched

05/17/2007 - Touched

05/18/2007 - Touched

06/04/2007 - NOA2 via website. :)

06/05/2007 - Touched

06/06/2007 - NVC Received from USCIS

06/12/2007 - NVC Left! 6 days at nvc - inluding a weekend!

08/21/2007 - Interview Date - Discovered on 06/25/2007 by looking with MOS number on Embassy website

08/22/2007 - Actual Interview date - PASSED (Interview delayed one day due to delay in medical exam results.)

08/30/2007 - Entered USA @ JFK

11/10/2007 - MARRIED!

12/28/2007 - Filed AOS, EAD, and AP

01/07/2008 - NOA1 AOS, AP, EAD

01/25/2008 - Biometrics appointment

02/25/2008 - AOS, EAD approved/received

03/18/2008 - AOS interview - Approved!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
OH... and have her take more than just the birth certificate to the interview. She needs to take her child!

I have heard of many women that fail to bring their children to the interview and that is a very bad thing. No visa issued.

As for the name - you can simply send a copy of the birth certificate to the USCIS office that has your file so they can add it as evidence. I do assume you have already filed.

Good luck and keep us informed.

There's a bit more to it than bringing the child to the interview. The child needs their own P3 package to return, their own P4, and a medical.

I would contact the Consulate as soon as they have the file and let them know the correct full name of the child and make sure they know she wants a K2 visa.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
thanks for the help everyone. what is a p3 and p4 package though? first time i saw it mentioned.

Well Packet 3 (P3) is the application materials packet and Packet 4 (P4) is the interview information. Since your fiancee is in Mexico it is time you get on the CDJ consulate website because they do things a little diferent there

YMMV

Timeline

oh right ..the packets from the consulate. now i been reading about that and the consulate will send her the packet of things to be sent back to them before the interview for example an affidavit of support and so on. now is the seperate packet for her daughtter going to be included as well since she was on the inf129 form or do I have to call them to have them prepare one as well?

Timeline
oh right ..the packets from the consulate. now i been reading about that and the consulate will send her the packet of things to be sent back to them before the interview for example an affidavit of support and so on. now is the seperate packet for her daughtter going to be included as well since she was on the inf129 form or do I have to call them to have them prepare one as well?

The consulate does not prepare anything... The packet is basically an instruction sheet and some blank forms..... The onus is on the applicant...

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

How old is the child?

You will need to fill out all the required papers for her just as you would for your fiancee from the packet three. It all depend on her age whether she needs a medical or any immunization shots.

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Timeline
How old is the child?

It all depend on her age whether she needs a medical or any immunization shots.

Actually for a K-1 visa, no immunizations are required for anyone. A medical exam is required for everyone...

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.