Peter T

New processing times - is the USCIS lying?

1,075 posts in this topic

Wow! Finally! Congrats!!

Removal of Conditions - Nebraska Service Center

2/23/07 I-751 Notice date

3/23/07 NOA received (typo in name)

3/29/07 Biometric appointment received. Requested rescheduling

4/05/07 Second biometrics appointment received

4/18/07 Biometrics

4/19/07 Case status updated

2/23/08 Petition Congressman - no additional info.

3/03/08 Infopass in Chicago (12-mo extension)

3/19/08 Petition Senator's office

4/01/08 Case transferred - to an unspecified "USCIS office" (e-mail)

4/12/08 Letter - transferred to CSC on 3/27/2008. (typo in name)

4/22/08 Current Status: Card production ordered

4/25/08 Current Status: Approval notice sent; letter from Senator's office - expect 30-60 day wait for USCIS response!

4/26/08 Card arrives (with typo in name)

4/28/08 Card sent back via registered post (mistake to use Reg Post!)

5/05/08 Package delivered at Laguna Niguel, CA

10/02/08 Corrected 10-yr card issued

I-485

03/10/05 AOS interview in Chicago. Conditional PR (2-yr).

03/17/05 CPR card arrives in the mail

AOS thru Chicago DO (from non-immigrant visa category)

7/08/04 Mailed I-130, I-485 & I-765

7/20/04 Fingerprints/biometrics completed.

8/17/04 EAD approved

runcatqe4.jpg

Disclaimer: We are NOT lawyers by profession and all our posts should be viewed with that in mind.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay, congrats to Sandeep, you are finally done with NSC! Here is the response NSC sent to my senator's office. It confirms the transfer to CSC. The person with my senator's office said he will send an inquiry to CSC, too. Now let's just hope CSC is better.

Good Afternoon,

CIS electronic records reflect that the I751 referenced below has been transferred to the California Service Center for processing as of March 21, 2008. You will need to contact the California Service Center for any additional information on this case.

Thank you for your inquiry. If we can be of assistance in the future, please contact us.

Regards,

Congressional Liaison

Department of Homeland Security

Nebraska Service Center

I thought I had my info on there. If someone wants to add me to the list here is my info.

Sent: 01/13/2007

NOA: 01/27/2007

Biometrics: 03/14/2007

Service Request, congressman, N-400, I-551 stamp for 12 months

I also decided to take a new approach. I sent more information to add to my file today with a letter reminding them that I have not had my case looked at since 3/31/2007. I sent my 2007 tax returns and our new home loan which we got after I had sent the original application. Just trying to stir the pot. Ill let you know if anything happens here.

Here is an update. My case now states this information. I do not know if it was since I sent an update to my file and a request for it to be transferred to the CSC if possible.... or if its just my turn for something to happen. My case also shows updated 4/1/2008.

Application Type: CRI89, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done, counting from when USCIS received it. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. To receive e-mail updates, follow the link below to register.

Here is an update. My case now states this information. I do not know if it was since I sent an update to my file and a request for it to be transferred to the CSC if possible.... or if its just my turn for something to happen. My case also shows updated 4/1/2008.

Application Type: CRI89, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

Hi!

I JUST got an email from CRIS with the EXACT same information! For the first time since 3/9/2007 my case was updated today. Now - "transferred" - but where? California? They're still keeping that a secret I guess. :whistle:

I'm just glad my file did not deteriorate and someone was able to pick it up to do something with it. Whatever that may be :innocent:

@sandeep: CONGRATS on the approval. Somebody is still working those 751s in Nebraska then..! :D

I-130:

04-05-2004: I-130 NOA1 (NSC)

11-09-2004: I-130 NOA2 (CSC)

11-23-2004: NVC assigns Case Number

12-07-2004: I-864 fee to NVC

12-10-2004: DS 3032 to NVC

01-10-2005: IV fee to NVC

01-17-2005: I-864 to NVC

02-14-2005: DS 230 to NVC

03-04-2005: Case Complete!

03-09-2005: Case forwarded to Frankfurt

04-12-2005: Interview in Frankfurt

04-15-2005: VISA ARRIVES!

04-22-2005: FLIGHT HOME TO CHICAGO!

I-751:

01-31-2007: I-751 sent to Nebraska Service Center

02-01-2007: I-751 Received at PO Box (per USPS notification)

02-02-2007: NOA Date

02-23-2007: NOA & Biometrics appointment received in mail

03-02-2007: Biometrics appt

04-01-2008: CRIS emails with info that case was transferred. A-ha!

04-07-2008: 1 yr. I-551 stamp received @Chicago CIS office

04-12-2008: Approved - Card production ordered!!!

Yep just checked mine now. Updated 4/1. Have my infopass tomorrow to get stamped.

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On January 25, 2007, we received this CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Edited by Ruairi

I-751 sent to NSC: 01/--/07

NOA1: 01/25/07

Biometrics: 02/23/07

Tick..tock

Contacted congressman, ombudsman late March

Got 1 yr stamp and case moved to CSC: 04/02/08

Approved: 04/08/08. Done with USCIS for a few years. :)

Card received: 04/14/08

Same today too. April Fools anyone?

The CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

The CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office.

Yep...same kind of e-mail here as well.Once again this prove the lousy job they 're "doing"

After getting two e-mails one saying that the card has been ordered and one that the application was approved

then I get this one :

Receipt Number: lin0XXXXXXXXX

The CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done, counting from when USCIS received it. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. To receive e-mail updates, follow the link below to register.

You can choose to receive automatic case status updates, which will be sent via email. Please click here to create an account online.

Need I say that I have the GC already and a letter from my Senator saying that my application has been approved

They are worst then I thought !

Yep...same kind of e-mail here as well.Once again this prove the lousy job they 're "doing"

After getting two e-mails one saying that the card has been ordered and one that the application was approved

then I get this one :

Receipt Number: lin0XXXXXXXXX

You can choose to receive automatic case status updates, which will be sent via email. Please click here to create an account online.

Need I say that I have the GC already and a letter from my Senator saying that my application has been approved

They are worst then I thought !

Got this same e-mail today, had come in about 11 pm EST. Now I do not even know where my application is :blink: We are to check processing dates for an "unspecified" USCIS office. If a student wrote this, they would surely get a failing grade for not making sense.

I sent off a petition to my senator's office 3 weeks ago. Called them this morning, because I had not had a response. I was told it could take several weeks because they are swamped with immigration complaints. OR, maybe they are all busy running a campaign instead :angry:

4/18/07 Biometrics

4/25/08 Current Status: Approval notice sent; letter from Senator's office - expect 30-60 day wait for USCIS response!

I-485

8/17/04 EAD approved

runcatqe4.jpg

Disclaimer: We are NOT lawyers by profession and all our posts should be viewed with that in mind.

I got same e-mail also today 11pm

I check the forums , about 8 people got same e-mail but two different, one it's say transfer the office , other one says transfer CSC location !

any coments ?

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Does anyone here speak Government?

Same e-mail received from CRIS <USCIS-CRIS@dhs.gov> here.

"The CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office."

Which office? I think I know what pending means, our case has been pending for well over a year now.

"You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done, counting from when USCIS received it."

Certainly can't use Nebraska, they are using some kind of Orson Wells time machine going way back in the past, and if I use California, our case was already processed a long time ago and is ancient history. But these are called service centers not a "USCIS office" that generally refers to a local field office, but field offices do not show processing of the I-751! And exactly what do they mean by "standard processing", was our processing prior to this date non-standard? Is standard processing much faster than non-standard processing? What's wrong with just saying, your case is being "processed"? That standard processing scares the hell out of me.

I know there is meaning in the above statements, and it is my fault for not taking "Government Language" in school when I had the chance. But please forgive me, and will someone please translate this message into English for me?

Did want to change the suffix on our dates from:

NickD..............03/27/07..........04/--/07......05/01/07........--/--/--.....congressman

to Congressman, Senator, unanswered letter to the NSC, Ombudsman, and God.

Yes, praying is yet another means to try and get some action that wasn't brought up yet.

I got same e-mail also today 11pm

I check the forums , about 8 people got same e-mail but two different, one it's say transfer the office , other one says transfer CSC location !

any coments ?

Thanks

Hello,

Got the same email, was about to fall off my chair. I thought I was going to get an interview and kept thinking about the evidence I need get together again. Thats going to be a huge task, I was hoping not to get a RFE or interview because I am dreading to get all my stuff together.

Onur,

I think we all got the same email content. The speculation is that they got transferred to CSC but that is all speculation. There is no email saying we are for sure transfered to CSC.

Thanks,

Dee

Which office? I think I know what pending means, our case has been pending for well over a year now.

"You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done, counting from when USCIS received it."

Oh! It also said "We process cases in the order we receive them." Does this mean we get stuck at the unknown "USCIS center" as "new" arrivals? I hope not - most of our applications were "received" over a year ago! I just hope that is bureaucratese and not to be taken literally.

4/18/07 Biometrics

I-485

8/17/04 EAD approved

runcatqe4.jpg

Timeline

Folks --

Apparently few of you followed the TSC-VSC bulk transfer saga (and, as compelling as it has been, I can't blame you).

These are precisely the same emails we received from CIS telling us that our cases that had been pending for ages at TSC had all been transferred to VSC.

We did receive a bit more notice of this than you -- first, an email on 1/31 telling us that our cases were transferred to VSC, and a second on 2/13 (some others received it on 2/22) telling us that the cases were now pending at the office to which they had been transferred. Looks like you only got this second email.

There was a flurry of touching on everybody's cases a few days after that last round of 2/22 emails, and then nothing for almost a month until they started approving -- in no particular order (chronological or otherwise) -- at the beginning of last week.

I'm not saying your bulk transfer experience will be identical, but it does give you some indication of what to expect. If anything, your approvals might come faster because CSC adjudicators are notoriously fast and loose with their approvals.

Meh

Timeline

What, no Government Language interpreters here? I did briefly read the course syllabus on how to be a Government Language writer or speaker, use as many words as possible with saying a darn thing was the most important. The other was never use a double negative in a sentence when you can use a triple negative instead.

My best interpretation of this e-mail is to hurry up and wait, seems like I heard that before when I was in the military.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.