Peter T

New processing times - is the USCIS lying?

1,075 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow I should have read the earlier posts.. Reading back now I see now others got this email.. so yeah hoping it's transferred to CSC.

Heh you can ignore my earlier post. I thought it was something new. :P

Ruth (Kristine) - Ontario, Canada / Andy - Oregon, USA

Became a couple July 4th 2002

Married July 4th 2005

K1 timeline

10/21/2004 - Petition sent to NSC

10/27/2004 - NOA1 issued

02/05/2005 - NOA2 issued

05/13/2005 - Interview - APPROVED!!!

AOS timeline

10/03/2005 - AOS package sent

10/11/2005 - NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP

11/22/2005 - Biometrics - AOS and EAD

12/07/2005 - AP and EAD approved!

12/15/2005 - AOS transfered to CSC

01/12/2006 - AOS Approved!

Removal of Conditions

04/09/2007 - Filed I-751 at NSC (filed early - see timeline for reason)

04/30/2007 - NOA1

06/02/2007 - Biometrics

03/27/2008 - Transferred to CSC

04/18/2008 - I-751 Approved! (didn't find out til 11 days afterward)

04/29/2008 - I-551 stamp at Portland office (told of approval)

05/12/2008 - 10yr Greencard arrives in mail!

*phew* I'm done for a bit now - naturalization can wait

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for noticing my reply and responding, though! Seriously. I see a lot of people talking past other people on this thread as if they lived in different universes.

I couldn't agree more... ;)

This is where our experience is relevant to some extent. All of us were touched 2-3 times immediately after getting the received and pending email you guys just got.

A-ha. Any approvals after that third "touch" then? Well, we'll see how the NSC saga continues. Or CSC - assuming...:)

Just back from my day in Chicago. I got my stamp in around 25 minutes. She snipped the corner of my greencard to make it invalid but gave it back to me. There were a lot of angry petitioners. :( One guy was having a yelling match with one of the immigration officers (who was giving back as good as she was getting) and had to be hauled away by the Chicago police but returned later on. I had no problems, got my stamp and asked if they had any more info on my case but nothing only that it was at CSC now to speed things up.

Good news. thanks for posting - I'm going there next week for the same thing.

I-130:

04-05-2004: I-130 NOA1 (NSC)

11-09-2004: I-130 NOA2 (CSC)

11-23-2004: NVC assigns Case Number

12-07-2004: I-864 fee to NVC

12-10-2004: DS 3032 to NVC

01-10-2005: IV fee to NVC

01-17-2005: I-864 to NVC

02-14-2005: DS 230 to NVC

03-04-2005: Case Complete!

03-09-2005: Case forwarded to Frankfurt

04-12-2005: Interview in Frankfurt

04-15-2005: VISA ARRIVES!

04-22-2005: FLIGHT HOME TO CHICAGO!

I-751:

01-31-2007: I-751 sent to Nebraska Service Center

02-01-2007: I-751 Received at PO Box (per USPS notification)

02-02-2007: NOA Date

02-23-2007: NOA & Biometrics appointment received in mail

03-02-2007: Biometrics appt

04-01-2008: CRIS emails with info that case was transferred. A-ha!

04-07-2008: 1 yr. I-551 stamp received @Chicago CIS office

04-12-2008: Approved - Card production ordered!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Lets just agree we are all aboard the good ship USCIS Titanic, and its a bumpy ride.

May 27, 2009: N-400 Window Opens

June 2, 2008: N-400 Sent

June 3, 2008: N-400 Received at Nebraska Service Center

June 13, 2008: NOA1

June 16, 2008: Biometrics letter

June 24th, 2008: Biometrics Appointment

July 7th, 2008: Called FBI, verified that biometrics check has been completed and returned to USCIS

August 26th, 2008: N-400 Interview Passed

September 18th, 2008: Swearing in, Billings Montana

Send Expedited 14-day passport paperwork???

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
This is where our experience is relevant to some extent. All of us were touched 2-3 times immediately after getting the received and pending email you guys just got.

A-ha. Any approvals after that third "touch" then? Well, we'll see how the NSC saga continues. Or CSC - assuming...:)

Nothing happened for four weeks after that last touch. Then suddenly, five of us (out of the 27 or so on the TSC-VSC Loser® list here) got approved over the course of a week's time -- at the beginning and end of last week and the beginning of this week. Out of NOA1 chronological order, too. But nobody's been approved for the past three days, so we're all waiting to see if we get another flurry of approvals at the end of this week or the beginning of the next.

From what I've seen, VSC is a lot more deliberate than CSC, so CSC might get to all of these old NSC petitions more quickly than VSC did with the old TSC petitions. But who knows.

Meh

Timeline

This thread is about removing conditions on residency that assumes the I-751 application, a burden put on us to assure to the USCIS that a US citizen did not marry an alien immigrant for the sole purpose of bringing that immigrant into this country.

So there are two parties involved, the US citizen and the alien immigrant, from reading other posts here, never sure who is posting is what!

When I met my wife, at first we developed a very strong platonic relationship, became for good friends and learned we had a very strong physical attraction as well, we knew we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together. I am the US citizen, she is the alien immigrant, and she had a daughter that also required a working relationship that was between just her and me. In other words, could we be a family.

We had a short discussion, key factor is that we all wanted to live together, but in her country or mine? As she was from Colombia with her family in that country, no relatives in Venezuela, and I have a very huge family here, we mutually agreed that she and her daughter would come here. Point is, this is my country, born here, served my country, and been paying taxes for years. So just natural that I handle the immigration details, I feel now that I am fighting to keep my family. So I took it upon myself to learn all about the procedure, this was done before we were married, I certainly was no expert in marrying an alien immigrant as the I-751 assumes. Also decided with the very poor grammar used in the immigration forms and that the very expensive fees for all the applications could be lost with one error to hire the best immigration law firm that I could find.

I just enlisted the aid of my wife in typing in those foreign kind of addresses to make sure they were accurate, an interesting note, the downloadable forms from the USCIS force you to use a fixed over sized font where you cannot fit everything in that small box they provide. The forms I received from my law firm let you reduced the size of the font so you could fit everything in and still very readable, but they were the same identical forms provided by the USCIS.

With all this jazz about the I-751, I took it upon myself to contact my congressman, senator, the USCIS, the Ombudsman form, after all, I am the US citizen. In our interviews, I did most of the talking just keeping my big mouth shut when questions were directed to either my wife or daughter.

If a law was broken by me marrying an alien immigrant just to bring her into this country, well, she would be deported and I would be in prison, so not only fighting for her, but actually fighting for myself. I am the assumed guilty party here trying to prove my innocence that seems to be just the opposite of what our US Constitution dictates.

With some of the hardships imposed, my wife and I have already discussed moving to a different country where both of us will be welcomed. Seems ironic to receive a form that both my wife and daughter received in separate envelops addressed to each, Welcome to the USA! Then to have to go through this entire procedure again, isn't this a flat contradiction? First, they are welcomed, then put in a position to prove that they are welcomed?

This entire procedure seems crazy to me and contradicts everything I learned about this country, and a country where I was forced to put my life down to defend. I never asked anything from my country, on the other hand gave everything to this country and never received anything in return. But I did ask my country if I could bring the woman of my most wildest dreams here, and her daughter, they told me it would cost me so much, and that I can, and told me how I can do it, and I said, okay. And I paid the price.

This whole I-751 and the problems and stress it has caused really has me asking, is it really worth staying here? We are talking about the most valuable entity here, my wife. My anger is high, but I keep that to myself and attempt to use logic and reasoning. Also not particularly fond that a number of our most recent leaders are draft dodgers and claim to be patriots of this once great country. My dad wasn't even around to send me to Harvard to avoid the draft.

The battle to keep my wife here is my battle, not hers, and I feel for those here that have to take steps to stay here instead of their US citizen spouses. My wife comes before this country, and whatever it takes, even leaving it, I am prepared to do. I feel that I have been let down by my country. And why in the hell do they get Veterans Day off?

I received the 'transfer' email yesterday with no mention where it has gone!....At least my case is out of the Nebraska 'black hole' :thumbs:

Removing of Conditions Timeline

05/29/2007 - Sent package to NSC

05/31/2007 - Package received by NSC

06/01/2007 - Date on NOA (1 day after they received our package!)

06/11/2007 - NOA and Biometrics notice received via snail-mail

06/21/2007 - Biometrics taken

04/03/2008 - Transferred to CSC

05/14/2008 - Approved (notified via email)

05/21/2008 - Card received

Don't know if this is a coincidence, but I just followed the link in the email to the processing times and it took me straight to the California page...so I'm hoping that's where it has gone! Keeping fingers crossed here.

Edited by ladybird216

Removing of Conditions Timeline

05/29/2007 - Sent package to NSC

05/31/2007 - Package received by NSC

06/01/2007 - Date on NOA (1 day after they received our package!)

06/11/2007 - NOA and Biometrics notice received via snail-mail

06/21/2007 - Biometrics taken

04/03/2008 - Transferred to CSC

05/14/2008 - Approved (notified via email)

05/21/2008 - Card received

Sorry to hear that. I think you need to check online status with your receipt number right away in case you didn't sign up for the automatic email update there. If that is the same, call the customer service and bug them. Lastly contact your congressman's office and complain LOUD. However, there is still a chance NSC is still processing a small number of I751 cases. But you need to have your congressman inquire to make sure. Don't let them get off the hook easy...so I learned.

Hello,

Is there anyone who is waiting for more thank 14 months and did not get a transfer email?

My NOA is Jan.31, 2007 and no transfer yet.........

Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
Hello,

Is there anyone who is waiting for more thank 14 months and did not get a transfer email?

My NOA is Jan.31, 2007 and no transfer yet.........

Thanks.

I have not heard anything. No email, no update online, nothing for almost 15 months.

Ken & Jenny

I-751

13th Jan 2007 - Mailed I-751 to NSC

18th Jan 2007 - NOA

14th Feb 2007 - Biometrics

29th Jan 2008 - 6 months extension stamp in passport

Waiting.....

N-400

14th Jan 2008 - Mailed N-400 to CSC. I-751 still pending at NSC

15th Jan 2008 - Received at CSC

17th Jan 2008 - Check cashed

16th Jan 2008 - Priority date

22nd Jan 2008 - Notice date

26th Jan 2008 - Biometrics letter received

7th Feb 2008 - Biometrics appointment

28th April 2008 - Interviev Notice received

17th June 2008 - Interview in San Diego - Passed

10th July 2008 - Oath letter received

23rd July 2008 - Oath ceremony Golden Hall San Diego

25th July 2008 - Applied for passport

4th August 2008 - Passport received

Thanks for noticing my reply and responding, though! Seriously. I see a lot of people talking past other people on this thread as if they lived in different universes.

I couldn't agree more... ;)

Just back from my day in Chicago. I got my stamp in around 25 minutes. She snipped the corner of my greencard to make it invalid but gave it back to me. There were a lot of angry petitioners. :( One guy was having a yelling match with one of the immigration officers (who was giving back as good as she was getting) and had to be hauled away by the Chicago police but returned later on. I had no problems, got my stamp and asked if they had any more info on my case but nothing only that it was at CSC now to speed things up.

Good news. thanks for posting - I'm going there next week for the same thing.

I got One year stamp today from Chicago Office.Lady told It is good for one year or till CSC Process my case.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Just FYI for the group, my wife checked her status online this morning and sure enough, her claim was transfered from Nebraska to God knows where. I assume California? We have yet to get an email or snail mail notification of this. Jenny, our claim is 12 months in, and we were about to contact the senator after the 27th. Since you are well beyond 12 months, you should consider talking to your senator.

May 27, 2009: N-400 Window Opens

June 2, 2008: N-400 Sent

June 3, 2008: N-400 Received at Nebraska Service Center

June 13, 2008: NOA1

June 16, 2008: Biometrics letter

June 24th, 2008: Biometrics Appointment

July 7th, 2008: Called FBI, verified that biometrics check has been completed and returned to USCIS

August 26th, 2008: N-400 Interview Passed

September 18th, 2008: Swearing in, Billings Montana

Send Expedited 14-day passport paperwork???

Timeline

So much for Ombudsman!!!!

The highlights of their letter is they got on-line, checked my wife's case status dated March 27, 2007, learned her case was at NSC and they are processing cases on or before July 5, 2006 and her case is within the normal processing times, so they cannot assist her.

They go on to say their prime goal is to clear identity problems and to formulate recommendations to improve the USCIS service.

And they hope that we found this information helpful. Signed by Michael Dougherty.

Was this really helpful?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.