Stephen1

denial for length of relationship?

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Never said it can't or does not happen. I am only putting myself in a government official's position. I'd question such a quick decision made over a very serious matter such as relocating to another country and marriage. I know people that take longer then 2 months just to buy a car.

Our timeline:

Started talking to each other over the internet end of January 2004

Met in person April 2004 -- we knew by then that we loved each other, meeting each other just confirmed it

Met again in May 2004 -- got engaged

Got the visa in October 2004

got married November 2004 (less than two weeks after getting the visa)

still going strong 3 years later! So Kazan, it can happen!

I did get some questions at the consular stage -- the officer was kinda amazed that we got engaged the second time we met, and asked if we had met each other's families. When I told her even our parents had met each other and was rummaging to get out the pictures to prove it, she seemed ok with it and eventually approved me. I had proof up the wazoo to show that we were legitimate.

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Never said it can't or does not happen. I am only putting myself in a government official's position. I'd question such a quick decision made over a very serious matter such as relocating to another country and marriage. I know people that take longer then 2 months just to buy a car.

Our timeline:

Started talking to each other over the internet end of January 2004

Met in person April 2004 -- we knew by then that we loved each other, meeting each other just confirmed it

Met again in May 2004 -- got engaged

Got the visa in October 2004

got married November 2004 (less than two weeks after getting the visa)

still going strong 3 years later! So Kazan, it can happen!

I did get some questions at the consular stage -- the officer was kinda amazed that we got engaged the second time we met, and asked if we had met each other's families. When I told her even our parents had met each other and was rummaging to get out the pictures to prove it, she seemed ok with it and eventually approved me. I had proof up the wazoo to show that we were legitimate.

I hear what you are saying, I really do. My now sister-in-law was very leery about the whole situation, until she had a conversation with my hubby and realized that we talked about more stuff and learned more about each other in the first two months we knew each other than she and her husband did for the first year they were married! Internet relationships can be very fast and intense, and of course I would expect scrutiny for the very reasons you listed, because there are some people that are swept up in the emotion of it all and not thinking about what they are doing all the way through. But, that happens when people meet "in real life" too.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I will not disagree with you there! :)

I hear what you are saying, I really do. My now sister-in-law was very leery about the whole situation, until she had a conversation with my hubby and realized that we talked about more stuff and learned more about each other in the first two months we knew each other than she and her husband did for the first year they were married! Internet relationships can be very fast and intense, and of course I would expect scrutiny for the very reasons you listed, because there are some people that are swept up in the emotion of it all and not thinking about what they are doing all the way through. But, that happens when people meet "in real life" too.

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Often our perceptions are driven by our own experience and perceived limitations. I've seen a lot of relationships that began with internet contact blossom quickly, resulting in engagement or marriage on the first trip. That it happens commonly is simply a fact of life. That it is not for everybody is just as significant a fact of life.

My point is, it is so common in the countries like the PI, China or even India that it takes additional red flags to result in any extra scrutiny at interview.

An amazing number of K1, K3 and CR1 visas are granted when the initial meeting was the only in person meeting.

The idea of a long distance international romance was beyond my perception as something for me until I stumbled into one. Don't knock it...

Exact opposite of what I would think. I'd believe a 2 month relationship with day-to-day personal contact far quicker than one over the internet with the same time frame. How serious can you get over the internet in only two months?

Relationships with compressed timeline are actually quite common for internet based meetings; so common they aren't any big deal even for high fraud countries. Generally there's no severe questioning of a relationship unless there are additional red flags.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It's true about only meeting once. I think that it's understandable that you may only be able to go once to a place that costs over $1500 to get a plane ticket to.

And I TOTALLY understand the amount you spend on phone calls. However, IMO, it's worth it to spend more to have the calling card logs that show you called from your number to their number, the date of the call and how long the call lasted. Phone card receipts only prove that you bought the card. They don't show who you called.

To me, it's going to be good proof of our relationship to see that we spent at least one hour EVERY day talking on the phone. It costs a BUNDLE, but it's worth it to provide the proof to get him here.

I-129F

11/15/2007 = Package sent overnight Fedex to CSC

11/16/2007 = Package arrived at CSC

11/21/2007 = NOA1 (according to www.uscis.gov online case status)

11/26/2007 = Check cashed (YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!)

11/28/2007 = Touched

11/30/2007 = Rec'd NOA1 hard copy in the mail

12/20/2007 = Touched

12/21/2007 = Touched

03/12/2008 = Touched (due to phone call)

03/24/2008 = NOA2!!!!!!!!!

03/25/2008 = Touched

04/23/2008 = Touched

05/05/2008 = Arrived at Consulate

05/12/2008 = Picked up Packets 3 & 4

06/24/2008 = Interview Date and APPROVAL

07/02/2008 = Picked up Visa at Embassy

07/05/2008 = Arrival in the U.S.!!!!!!!!! Met at POE in ATLANTA

07/06/2008 = Fly back to Salt Lake City Together!!!!

08/06/2008 = MARRIED TODAY!!!

AOS & EAD

08/23/2008 = Package sent via USPS with Signature Confirmation

08/25/2008 = Package arrived in Chicago

08/26/2008 = Check cashed

09/02/2008 = NOA1 for EAD and AOS received in the mail.

4400355_bodyshot_300x400.gif4400923_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

just another question about something brought up on this thread, does anyone know if it is possible to print either a skype call history or yahoo messenger cause on my pc its in a form that I cant print. I can take a photo of it. not sure if that would be acceptable.

Timeline
just another question about something brought up on this thread, does anyone know if it is possible to print either a skype call history or yahoo messenger cause on my pc its in a form that I cant print. I can take a photo of it. not sure if that would be acceptable.

You can use the print screen function and just past to a Word document.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Not sure about Skype call history but with yahoo messenger there is a print function.

right click recipient name --> Message Archive --> "Message" on top left hand corner --> Print

Often our perceptions are driven by our own experience and perceived limitations. I've seen a lot of relationships that began with internet contact blossom quickly, resulting in engagement or marriage on the first trip. That it happens commonly is simply a fact of life. That it is not for everybody is just as significant a fact of life.

My point is, it is so common in the countries like the PI, China or even India that it takes additional red flags to result in any extra scrutiny at interview.

An amazing number of K1, K3 and CR1 visas are granted when the initial meeting was the only in person meeting.

The idea of a long distance international romance was beyond my perception as something for me until I stumbled into one. Don't knock it...

Exact opposite of what I would think. I'd believe a 2 month relationship with day-to-day personal contact far quicker than one over the internet with the same time frame. How serious can you get over the internet in only two months?

Relationships with compressed timeline are actually quite common for internet based meetings; so common they aren't any big deal even for high fraud countries. Generally there's no severe questioning of a relationship unless there are additional red flags.

I agree 100%. Well said, pushbrk!!! :thumbs:

Our Story so far...

K-1

7/26/07- I-129F sent to CSC

8/02/07- NOA 1

12/13/07- NOA 2

2/12/08- Interview in Rio- APPROVED!

2/15/08- Visa Received

2/18/08- US Entry

2/20/08- Wedding Day

AOS

3/04/08- AOS, EAD and AP mailed

4/07/08- RFE

4/11/08- AOS, EAD and AP re-mailed

4/18/08- NOA's received

5/06/08- Biometrics Appt

6/14/08- AP approved

6/17/08- EAD approved

11/07/08- Greencard Approved!

11/22/08- Greencard Received

Gabriel was born on January 12, 2010!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Try this program called Skype Exporter

http://ryanfarley.com/blog/archive/2005/01/14/1439.aspx

http://files.farleyzone.com/downloads/SkypeExporterSetup.msi

I used it, and it works great !!

Good Luck

S.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

you need to get a message archive decoder to print the conversations, the print function will only print 1 page, with the decoder it will print it all...I have days with over 20 pages of chat and that is not including when we just talk VOIP. I haven't figured how to print the VOIP record but with over 1000 pages of chat I'm not too worried.

Not sure about Skype call history but with yahoo messenger there is a print function.

right click recipient name --> Message Archive --> "Message" on top left hand corner --> Print

I-129F mailed 12-17-2007

Received at CSC 12-18-2007

NOA1 December 19 2007

NOA2 April 30 2008

NVC sent packet to Manila May 12 2008

Interview set for June 18

Visa Denial, Contested & Approved

PDOS June 23

Flight to USA June 26

Arrival at DTW Visa accepted

Welcome to America!!!

Married 07/18/2008

Applied SS 07/22/09

Applied AOS around same time

Very happily married

EAD received Sept.

AP received Sept

No RFE's ...??

AOS Appointment 04-02-2009

AOS approved! Green card to be sent 3-6 weeks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
I agree about the quantity of photos.

We were together for 2 years by the time we filed - and I lived in Brazil - and we still only sent 6 pictures.

It seemed I took very few photos while we were living together, never thinking about immigration.

It's pretty hard to take pictures together when it's just the two of you. Bassi and I have picture of ourselves vacationing, they tend to have him cause I took the picture and some monument or whatever we were taking a picture of, or me because he took the picture. Very few of our pictures are of us together. Once, we asked a stranger to take a picture of us on the beach and once we held the camera out and took a silly picture that way. We do have picture together, at family gatherings and stuff like that. But truthfull, they are few and far between.

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

We were together for 2 years by the time we filed - and I lived in Brazil - and we still only sent 6 pictures.

It seemed I took very few photos while we were living together, never thinking about immigration.

It's pretty hard to take pictures together when it's just the two of you. Bassi and I have picture of ourselves vacationing, they tend to have him cause I took the picture and some monument or whatever we were taking a picture of, or me because he took the picture. Very few of our pictures are of us together. Once, we asked a stranger to take a picture of us on the beach and once we held the camera out and took a silly picture that way. We do have picture together, at family gatherings and stuff like that. But truthfull, they are few and far between.

hehehe, I always take that picture of us with the camera held out...my husband HATES it :innocent:

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Timeline

There is added difficulty but knowing that pictures together are important, what most do is simply ask a bystander to take picture. A favorite proof of meeting photo for China is to have the bank guard take a photo of the couple standing in front of the money exchange board with its date and time display.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Try this program called Skype Exporter

http://ryanfarley.com/blog/archive/2005/01/14/1439.aspx

http://files.farleyzone.com/downloads/SkypeExporterSetup.msi

I used it, and it works great !!

Good Luck

S.

I just downloaded and used the Skype Exporter. It's an excellent program. Thanks for sharing, Scott!!!

Our Story so far...

K-1

7/26/07- I-129F sent to CSC

8/02/07- NOA 1

12/13/07- NOA 2

2/12/08- Interview in Rio- APPROVED!

2/15/08- Visa Received

2/18/08- US Entry

2/20/08- Wedding Day

AOS

3/04/08- AOS, EAD and AP mailed

4/07/08- RFE

4/11/08- AOS, EAD and AP re-mailed

4/18/08- NOA's received

5/06/08- Biometrics Appt

6/14/08- AP approved

6/17/08- EAD approved

11/07/08- Greencard Approved!

11/22/08- Greencard Received

Gabriel was born on January 12, 2010!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.