Angie Y Shane

7 months with no response.

26 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

:help:

I need others feedback and help. My case has been pending for seven months now with no approval, denial or RFI. Every time I call I get BS stories about my case not being 6 months of business days, or some other excuse. I have finally came to the since that they have lost my case.

I contacted my local Congressman Peter Defazzio and they sent a e-mail to California Service Center. This was about a week ago no response yet.

I called USCIS Thursday and made a request for a service expedite on my case. The officer on the phone was trying to give me some BS excuse that I have to wait 30 days outside of the 6-month processing time. I called them on the 7th month from my petition being received May 19, 2007. I called them December 19, 2007 and had to argued with three different officers and one supervisor to get them to start a expedite service. I called them out on their BS excuses.

I’m at the point to just pack up and move to Colombia with my wife. But I know that it will be very challenging if I do. But my wife is very much feeling the same as me.

So my self and my wife have decided to give it until February to see some sort of decision or change. If not well then my Visa friends I have to pull out. I do not understand what is going on with these people at USCIS. But they have their ways of trying to wreak marriages.

God bless you all and please feel free to send your helpful replies. My wife is already showing signs of weakness from this process of waiting. I’m afraid to lose her. Our attorney suggested that I should take a break and go down there for one month to strengthen things up? My wife feels the same; we need energy and positive strength here.

God bless every one. :help:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I agree on taking time off and going down there. 7 months apart is extremly hard. I also think the long drawn out process is in place since that they hope people will pull out and give up and break-up (this is just my opinion) but hang in there and dont let them break you :)

Go spend a few weeks with her and hopefully that will give you both enough to hold out till things get approved and she is home with you.

Good luck

AOS

Filled : 2007-09-17

NOA : 2007-09-25

Biometrics : 2007-12-13

EAD card prod : 2007-12-13

Job Offer : 2007-12-18

EAD card prod : 2007-12-18

EAD approved mailed : 2007-12-21

EAD in Hand : 2007-12-24 (Awesome Christmas Present)

Applied for SSN : 2007-12-26

SSN arrives in mail : 2008-01-05 (Happy New Year)

Start work :2008-01-15

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey man, don't let USCIS get to you. If you need to take some time do it. You should push your congressman's and senators’ offices as much as you can. I know the state department has rules that congressional inquiries have to be replied back to within 3 days, but I have no idea about USCIS. Keep calling them and don't give up. I know how you feel. I have had plenty of fights with my wife over immigration, and many ended with her just telling me to forget about the whole thing because they are never going to let her in. The people who say that the whole process is based on the give up idea are 100 percent correct. I have heard that from many different people that have been through different processes with USCIS. Think about, why is there only ONE place in all of Mexico that accepts immigrant visas? It’s because they want to make it as hard as possible for people to get them. I guess it’s the American way now, let the strongest and most completive win (oh yea, and the rich of course). DONT LET THEM WIN. Keep the pressure on them. Don't forget that you have 3 people in congress that you can contact, your congressman and two senators. Use them all. And play with them two, ask them why they are letting USCIS push them around and blow off their inquiries.

I know what it’s like; I’ve been fighting USCIS since before 9/11. Don’t give up. If your wife needs you, take the trip. Just be sure you leave a very trusted friend to monitor your mail and phone, in case USCIS should see that you left the country and decide to get things moving while you’re gone. (ok ok, so that may be out there, but I would not put it past them.)

Hope this helps.

Timeline

Thank you for the replies. Yes I'm not going to give up. Allot has to do with my wife feeling that Immigration is winning and being alone so long and not able to enjoy our marriage. I'm going to go ahead and follow through with my actions and continue to battle with them. In the mean time I'm going to plan to stay with my wife and build on personal matters and make that more strong. But can you believe that I had to argue with USCIS to get anything done. Thanks to those who have responded. I pray to hear something positive shortly.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline

AngieYShane: I am very sorry that this has happened to you. I was in the same position when I moved to my husband's country and started processing for immigration. I waited 2 years before I gave up and moved home and now am sponsoring my husband to live in the U.S. with me. Although we got to live together in his country while we were waiting, it was far from ideal living off one income, but no health coverage for myself or my accompanying son. We tried everything to get the file going again, visits in person with the politicians, letters to the Minister of Immigration and the Prime Minister and found no relief. It is a very frustrating and trying experience. We both, separately, had to evaluate our relationship and decide if all the trouble was worth it and through all that, we both came out with the same answer: Definitely, absolutely, it was worth it all.

Now, we are facing huge delays in the U.S. immigration and we certainly were not prepared for round 2. People find the immigration process entirely exhausting and frustrating. Imagine doing it twice in 2 years. :blink:

While we live apart now and wait out USCIS, the only advice I can give you as a immigration veteran is: stay on your U.S. Senators (use both of them) as well as your U.S. Representative. Don't let them drop the ball. Call them weekly to see if they have received a response. Keep on USCIS, call them weekly as well. Ask them for some kind of status report in writing. There is no reason for this delay if you have not received an RFE. As far as maintaining your relationship, visit as often as you can. Keep the communications up, daily online text or voice chat if the long distance phone gets to be too expensive. Keep copies of those chat logs in case immigration ever wants to see more proof of a bonafide relationship. If your wife is down and depressed about the whole outlook on life and your future together, you must be upbeat and stay focused on the long term. Go back over your goals what you want when you are through this tunnel: is it a nice house filled with kids or a new puppy, or just simple things like how you want to go window shopping with her or visit a city you have never been to, all those things that you want to do once she is here. Keep her spirits up and show her you are in it for the long haul. She will do the same for you when the immigration game gets to be too much. Both of you need to learn to lean on each other so you both stay standing up.

Don't go down without a fight!

My blog

10/01/2005: Married in Toronto

02/15/2006: Began Canadian Immigration

09/19/2007: Withdrew CIC application (they still hadn't processed anything)

10/01/2007: Moved back to U.S.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IR-1 application through Montreal Consulate

10/26/2007: I-130 mailed to CA Service Center

10/29/2007: USPS confirmation of receipt of I-130

02/13/2008: NOA-1 received (107 days)

07/02/2008: I-130 approved

07/22/2008: AOS filed including EAD and AP

07/25/2008: NOA-1s for all 3 received

08/20/2008: Biometrics appointment

08/22/2008: Received RFE for Affadivit of Support and Medical

10/21/2008: Submitted I-865W in lieu of co-sponsor and medical info to NSC

11/14/2008: online case status not updated since filing of AOS in July 2008

01/20/2009: Received another RFE for Affadavit of Support Info

02/02/2009: Responded to RFE with brand new AOS based on 2008 tax return (if that doesn't shut them up, dunno what will)

02/19/2009: EAD card received in mail (no updates on Online Case Status ever made)

02/23/2009: AP received (again, no online updates)

02/26/2009: Received interview appointment letter for 4/6/09

04/06/2009: AOS approved for unconditional GC

04/21/2009: GC received

AngieYShane: I am very sorry that this has happened to you. I was in the same position when I moved to my husband's country and started processing for immigration. I waited 2 years before I gave up and moved home and now am sponsoring my husband to live in the U.S. with me. Although we got to live together in his country while we were waiting, it was far from ideal living off one income, but no health coverage for myself or my accompanying son. We tried everything to get the file going again, visits in person with the politicians, letters to the Minister of Immigration and the Prime Minister and found no relief. It is a very frustrating and trying experience. We both, separately, had to evaluate our relationship and decide if all the trouble was worth it and through all that, we both came out with the same answer: Definitely, absolutely, it was worth it all.

Now, we are facing huge delays in the U.S. immigration and we certainly were not prepared for round 2. People find the immigration process entirely exhausting and frustrating. Imagine doing it twice in 2 years. :blink:

While we live apart now and wait out USCIS, the only advice I can give you as a immigration veteran is: stay on your U.S. Senators (use both of them) as well as your U.S. Representative. Don't let them drop the ball. Call them weekly to see if they have received a response. Keep on USCIS, call them weekly as well. Ask them for some kind of status report in writing. There is no reason for this delay if you have not received an RFE. As far as maintaining your relationship, visit as often as you can. Keep the communications up, daily online text or voice chat if the long distance phone gets to be too expensive. Keep copies of those chat logs in case immigration ever wants to see more proof of a bonafide relationship. If your wife is down and depressed about the whole outlook on life and your future together, you must be upbeat and stay focused on the long term. Go back over your goals what you want when you are through this tunnel: is it a nice house filled with kids or a new puppy, or just simple things like how you want to go window shopping with her or visit a city you have never been to, all those things that you want to do once she is here. Keep her spirits up and show her you are in it for the long haul. She will do the same for you when the immigration game gets to be too much. Both of you need to learn to lean on each other so you both stay standing up.

Don't go down without a fight!

DONT YOU DARE GIVE UP YET!!!!! You started out with a battle plan and make sure you finish it.. GO TO HER and that should help....also does she read these threads if not she should and maybe it will help her understand that you two as a couple are not the only ones going through this USCIS HELL. I feel for you, but dont you dare give up. Means they win the game before the buzzer goes off.

Keep us posted please and best of luck...Happy Holidays

Cheers...

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

Timeline

Thank you for the strong support. I will be very strong. I'm trying so hard. I will take some time to strengthen things up with my wife in February. I need this time to get us prepared in case we are in a huge delay of some sort. But in the mean time tonight I'm also contacting my Senator next too. This can at least help me make some sort of progress on my end.

God bless and thank you for the replies.

I think we should all in the next two days send a complaint at the following:

Email: USCIS-COMPLAINT@DHS.GOV

This might get their attention if the whole group complains not just one person.

You people want to do this! I am thinking about moving out of US, because it is becoming unbearable to live apart from husban. Yes, UZIS is wrecking hour marriages.

They need to speed up ASAP.

Somebody will be held accountable for this.

They are getting new Citizens by N-400 to vote, but they are at the same time losing the existing citizens who will refuse to vote for own government which is so ignorant and is allowing USCIS to wreck marriages by this "dead end processing"

Let’s send a message clear, we refuse to vote for self centered politicians.

I think we should all in the next two days send a complaint at the following:

Email: USCIS-COMPLAINT@DHS.GOV

This might get their attention if the whole group complains not just one person.

You people want to do this! I am thinking about moving out of US, because it is becoming unbearable to live apart from husban. Yes, UZIS is wrecking hour marriages.

They need to speed up ASAP.

Somebody will be held accountable for this.

They are getting new Citizens by N-400 to vote, but they are at the same time losing the existing citizens who will refuse to vote for own government which is so ignorant and is allowing USCIS to wreck marriages by this "dead end processing"

Let’s send a message clear, we refuse to vote for self centered politicians.

Ales I have sent letter to Omsbdmn last week with some details since my case seems to be in limbo and the quality of thier website and information given out plus the attention to I-129f filers and others seem to take front and center compared to us. I have also had contact with my congressperson here in Orlando and did mail my senator (no response there but did get put on his newsletter spam account growling) , plus some other routes. Proactive very much so, but did tell my other half, that if I dont see something happening by years end of 2008 ... *****I know it will be ok by then....but just perparing my options, that I am out of here. Its my country born and raised in California and now in Florida, but what has happened, I dont know, it became a nightmare with poor insight to the events that could happen with a fee raise. Should they have raised fees, YES, thats ok, but again, ECONOMICS 101 would suggest to anyone to be ready for a supply and demand option there and they did not.

I will hang tough this upcoming year for its my dream to have my husband here with me, but if it means leaving, so be it. He is my family and that is where I need to be. It is not our first choice of a country to live in, uggghhh....so cold....sorry had to make you laugh somewhere here, but again, the option has entered my mind. This country of ours has so much to offer someone yet I am now wondering just "WHO THAT SOMEONE IS ANYMORE"/

Cheers to all who are muddling through this mirage of complex rules and misinformation.

Happy Holidays to all here

Susie

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

08/10Received

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Goodluck.. It took us around 10 mos in VSC and transfered to CSC and completed in 2 weeks.

It took us 17 mos to finally reunited.

Just have patient of waiting for sure u will get it soon.

Have a great day.

I need others feedback and help. My case has been pending for seven months now with no approval, denial or RFI. Every time I call I get BS stories about my case not being 6 months of business days, or some other excuse. I have finally came to the since that they have lost my case.

I contacted my local Congressman Peter Defazzio and they sent a e-mail to California Service Center. This was about a week ago no response yet.

I called USCIS Thursday and made a request for a service expedite on my case. The officer on the phone was trying to give me some BS excuse that I have to wait 30 days outside of the 6-month processing time. I called them on the 7th month from my petition being received May 19, 2007. I called them December 19, 2007 and had to argued with three different officers and one supervisor to get them to start a expedite service. I called them out on their BS excuses.

I’m at the point to just pack up and move to Colombia with my wife. But I know that it will be very challenging if I do. But my wife is very much feeling the same as me.

So my self and my wife have decided to give it until February to see some sort of decision or change. If not well then my Visa friends I have to pull out. I do not understand what is going on with these people at USCIS. But they have their ways of trying to wreak marriages.

God bless you all and please feel free to send your helpful replies. My wife is already showing signs of weakness from this process of waiting. I’m afraid to lose her. Our attorney suggested that I should take a break and go down there for one month to strengthen things up? My wife feels the same; we need energy and positive strength here.

FILE I-130 FOR PARENTS
USCIS:
Jul 19, 2012 - File Date
Jul 23, 2012 - Cashed the Check and USCIS sent me email
Within 7-10 days rec'd NOA1 by mail (father only)
Aug 20, 2012 - Contacted USCIS for change of address
Mar 18, 2013 - our case was approved by USCIS
Mar 23, 2013 - rec'd NOA2 by mail both parents.
NVC:
Mar 23, 2013 - rec'd by NVC
Apr 05, 2013 - case # assigned for both parents
Apr 10, 2013 - rec'd email from NVC for the AOS fee and DS-3032
Apr 10, 2013 - pay NVC online and emailed the DS-3032
Apr 12, 2013 - showed on the site paid & print cover sheet
Apr 15, 2013 - mailed I-864 packet
Apr 22, 2013 - Rec'd DS-3032 Acceptance Email

May 03, 2013 - showed on site paid & print cover sheet

May 05, 2013 - mail the DS230 Packet

May 08, 2013 - NVC rec'd the DS230 Packet

May 27, 2013 - Case Complete

June 07, 2013 - NVC email for the July interview schedule

Sept 11, 2013 - interview moved from orig. July 10 date (due to mother's culture test); Interview approved but Father got 221(g) NBI with AKA required.

Sept 19, 2013 - sent the Father NBI with AKA tru 2GO

~~MY JOURNEY~~
FORM I-130 PROCESS
Jul. 26, 2006 - Sent Form I-130 to VSC but processed to CSC
Oct. 31, 2007 - Case Completed
Dec. 18, 2007 - Interview date
FORM I-129F PROCESS
Mar. 26, 2007 - Sent Form I-129F to VSC ( VSC mailed the documents to Chicago )
Dec. 05, 2007 6:30am- Reschedule Interview date(after 2 mos from original date)
Dec. 11, 2007 - Visa in Hand (request for CR1 visa granted)
MD, USA
Dec 12, 2007 - Arrived in the US
Dec 22, 2007 - Received the SSN from mail
Feb 08, 2008 - Received the Green Card
Sep 2009 - file I-751 within the 90-day period before second anniversary as a conditional resident.
Dec 2010 - file N400 (Application for Citizenship)
NATURALIZED
May 2011 - Oath Taking at Baltimore, MD

Goodluck.. It took us around 10 mos in VSC and transfered to CSC and completed in 2 weeks.

It took us 17 mos to finally reunited.

Just have patient of waiting for sure u will get it soon.

Have a great day.

Ness and Keith,

God bless you on your wait, you did it but wow, super long process.....but I know its worth it.......enjoy your holidays and enjoy what you fought so hard for.

Cheers

Susie

www.orlando4obama.com

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

08/10Received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

I am sooo sorry for your troubles about your case file being lost! I know how you feel about just packing up and going to live with your wife in Columbia.

My husband is Iranian and undergoing Administrative Processing after the interview. AP can be one month, many months or even a year or more...

Seems like you should keep a log of the times, dates and representatives you speak to (and what the response has been) if you want to file a complaint to the USCIS Ombudsman.

Timeline

I got news today from my local congressman. I do not know if this is the excuse of USCIS or really the truth. My congressman said today that he got a message that we are stuck in further background checks or further checks as needed. What this means I do not know? But my guess it means really nothing but the same thing as what I thought they were already doing. "meaning making a reason to buy more time?"

I already sent out my request to my local Senator. I had to fill out some private act form. I sent my form and letter like this. See attachment.

as for my wife she is NUMB and drained. I'm going to fight to the end until I cannot fight no more. I have gave my wife the option on what she wants me to do. She said let's have faith in God and try until February to see if anything changes. If not Wow I need my battery charged and just pray to God for a sign what to do?

I have two little boys that I raise on my own. Relocating our family to South America will be more then a challenge. I will keep everyone posted. :(

WAC0717754857.doc

Edited by Angie Y Shane

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello!

Please don´t give up, keep your faith.

This process requires a lot of patiente and l am sure this is something you have. it´s very frustating, it shouldn´t be this way.

l am sure you´ll be approve soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.