EsOrEnNa

confessions..

255 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline

Babies don't need much. I think when we started out with our daughter we only had a crib, bedclothes, a few odd toys, and some clothes. All of it second hand, except for a few odd items. We used a BabyBjorn until she was about 5 months and then we got her a used stroller from eBay. She did not have her own room. She did not need one for the first year.

Confession 6?: Our daughter slept in the kitchen for months 3-12.

Not that I advocate that everyone go as Spartan as we did. :P

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Babies don't need much. I think when we started out with our daughter we only had a crib, bedclothes, a few odd toys, and some clothes. All of it second hand, except for a few odd items. We used a BabyBjorn until she was about 5 months and then we got her a used stroller from eBay. She did not have her own room. She did not need one for the first year.

Confession 6?: Our daughter slept in the kitchen for months 3-12.

Not that I advocate that everyone go as Spartan as we did. :P

:P We're planning on having the baby sleep with us most of the time, although I'm a little concerned about my flopping around at night. In any case, I'd want the crib in our room so we can listen for the baby. :)

Timeline

I thought about co-sleeping, but neither my daughter or I were that into it. Both of us just slept much better on our own. That was until we moved back to the US when she was 12 months. Since then, we have been co-sleeping. That was born somewhat out of necessity because I didn't have a bed for her here yet, but now I do and she still won't sleep in it really at nearly 21 months. She thinks it is more of a playhouse than a sleeping one. I don't mind that much though.

As for listening to the baby, newborns are extremely noisy when they sleep. My husband moved to the couch until the baby was out of the bedroom because he couldn't sleep from all the noise she was making in hers. They also are fairly loud when they want something, according the neighbors banging on our wall at 2am. :innocent:

Babies and young toddlers really don't need that much to be happy and healthy. Just take it one day at a time. You'll be great parents!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

yay for Fancy and Jinky's baby! :dance:

wacken, that's really sweet everything you were saying, thank you for sharing (F)

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Confession 3: The blinkie "I make milk. What is your superpower?" is annoying to me.

Counter-confession: I make milk :P

Go to wal-mart and let one rip. Once its creeped outta your drawers, stand off about fifty feet and watch people look for the culprit with vengence! :devil:

I like to go to the toy section and find an unsuspecting kid. You pull up next to him, squat down to grab some random item and let one rip. Then act like you're reading the packaging while you watch for the kid's reaction.

Thats child abuse :lol:

LMFAO :lol:

Justin and I decided that we should wait at least until I’ve settled with a job (1-2 years) before we start trying for a baby. But the truth is…it’s already circling my mind.

I think we’ll be good parents, at least he’ll be the fun-cool-guitar-playing dad that will make up for my strict-“have you done your homework”-“watch your table manners” mothering :blush: ... There's also a lot of harmony in our house, we get along so well, I think that is important... and I just love him so much, I think it would be so special sharing that with him.

But, I know that the best thing is to wait…and I guess 1-2 years is not that far away

Saludos,

Caro

Practice make pregnant :devil:

As for listening to the baby, newborns are extremely noisy when they sleep. My husband moved to the couch until the baby was out of the bedroom because he couldn't sleep from all the noise she was making in hers. They also are fairly loud when they want something, according the neighbors banging on our wall at 2am. :innocent:

Oh good gravy, Im in for it now. My husband already makes so much noise I have to wear earplugs. Cant wait for it in stereo! :lol:

Timeline

Oh good gravy, Im in for it now. My husband already makes so much noise I have to wear earplugs. Cant wait for it in stereo! :lol:

It will more than likely freak you out at first. Sounds like they are very congested. But then after awhile, you realize that is just what they do and it is normal. They grow out of it fairly quickly. Is a bit annoying at the time though. Like when your hair starts falling out postpartum and you are constantly clogging up the drain with it. Normal, but annoying. :P

It will more than likely freak you out at first. Sounds like they are very congested. But then after awhile, you realize that is just what they do and it is normal. They grow out of it fairly quickly. Is a bit annoying at the time though. Like when your hair starts falling out postpartum and you are constantly clogging up the drain with it. Normal, but annoying. :P

Maybe Ill just keep him in the womb a little longer. Im not ready for any of that :lol:

Timeline

Not ready for lochia, vomit fountains, diaper poop explosions, all the people that swear they know better than you about parenting your child?! Aw, but that is the fun stuff. :P

It will be one of the most humbling jobs you will ever have, being a parent. Everyday, there is something. Sometimes, heartwarming and amazing. Other days terribly nerve wracking and frustrating. Still worth it though. I can't imagine life without her. You'll feel the same way.

Edited by Wacken

I sit in the bathtub then fart in the water to make a bubble bath.

Citizenship

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

CIS Office : San Francisco CA

Date Filed : 2008-06-11

NOA Date : 2008-06-18

Bio. Appt. : 2008-07-08

Citizenship Interview

USCIS San Francisco Field Office

Wednesday, September 10,2008

Time 2:35PM

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
I thought about co-sleeping, but neither my daughter or I were that into it. Both of us just slept much better on our own. That was until we moved back to the US when she was 12 months. Since then, we have been co-sleeping. That was born somewhat out of necessity because I didn't have a bed for her here yet, but now I do and she still won't sleep in it really at nearly 21 months. She thinks it is more of a playhouse than a sleeping one. I don't mind that much though.

Babies and young toddlers really don't need that much to be happy and healthy. Just take it one day at a time. You'll be great parents!

This is my second round at fatherhood and my ex-wife and I had shared our bed with our children when they were babies. :D We must have been really lucky - our children slept through the night most of the time, and were never fussy or loud during that time...maybe a mild cry of discomfort if their diaper was soiled or they were hungry. They were breast fed and I don't recall any visits to the doctor's for ear infections. That was over 16 years ago though, so my memory may be off a little....lol.

Timeline

Hehe, sorry if I sounded condescending, I didn't realize that you had had kids before. :blush:

Confession 7: I thought you were a lot younger. Like early 20s. Not sure where I got that idea. :P

Just an anecdote, my daughter was only sick in the two weeks she was breastfed and not again until I weaned her from formula at 13 months. That doesn't mean formula is better than breastmilk, but it isn't garbage water either. I absolutely support breastfeeding, in public, whatever wherever. I think it should be the default and most everyone should at least try. Where I get annoyed is when it is passed off as some kind of magical elixir that your kid will be sick, fat, and retarded without (not saying you said this, just in general). It just isn't true and creates an unnecessary environment of mommy guilt and resentment. That is the last thing a hormonally wrecked (and in my case very ill) new mother needs. I hope your wife has lots of success at it and isn't brow beat into doing it if it just may not work out. I knew I had people insisting I should be pumping blood 6 hours a day if that was what it took. Whatever. In the end, it just wasn't as important as everyone made it out to be. Even my husband admitted that later, and he was fairly disappointed when I had to give it up and was worried for awhile after all the horrible things he had been told about formula. :devil:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Wow! Something you and I agree with. I do the exact same thing. :thumbs:

I always start eating what I don't like first and leave the best for last. Like when I eat a sandwich I start with the crust and finish with the middle of it.

my husband says I make a mess, but I really prefer to finish with the best. and that's for everything, like if I have a steak I eat the middle (where it's more bloody) last, when I eat a pie I eat the crust first and leave the yummy filling for last, and I really can't understand people that do otherwise.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

My life dream is to be a hot wife, a soccer mom, a tattooed bike chick and a hardworking employee.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

My life dream is to be a hot wife, a soccer mom, a tattooed bike chick and a hardworking employee.

3 out of 4 ain't bad

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835