SusieK

Petition to sign if interested

103 posts in this topic

http://www.petitiononline.com/unitefam/

This link will be only a start to making yourself heard with what is going on right now. Backlog of I-130's, Chicago Lockbox returns, misinformation for advice from USCIS -

After speaking to many of you over the phone the last couple of days and sensing so much frustration and dismay, even from people that are almost done with their journey (which we newbies thank you whole heartdly) here is just another step for us to take. We can remain patient which yes we have no choice there, but some of our personaltiies draw us into raising our voices and this is one way. For the others that are being calm, god bless ya mates, we will just raise our voices a little bit more for you. Taking a legal action never hurt so I will continue to try and I am just gobsmacked as to the issue on workers visa's and them bringing their spouses here within a matter of weeks to a few months max. That is pure bs.

Sorry but proactive here and need to throw my energy into something creative for all,.

Cheers and lets move forth.

Susie

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

This link will be only a start to making yourself heard with what is going on right now. Backlog of I-130's, Chicago Lockbox returns, misinformation for advice from USCIS -

After speaking to many of you over the phone the last couple of days and sensing so much frustration and dismay, even from people that are almost done with their journey (which we newbies thank you whole heartdly) here is just another step for us to take. We can remain patient which yes we have no choice there, but some of our personaltiies draw us into raising our voices and this is one way. For the others that are being calm, god bless ya mates, we will just raise our voices a little bit more for you. Taking a legal action never hurt so I will continue to try and I am just gobsmacked as to the issue on workers visa's and them bringing their spouses here within a matter of weeks to a few months max. That is pure bs.

Sorry but proactive here and need to throw my energy into something creative for all,.

Susie

I signed it and gave some comments as well. I think the entire process is ridiculous. I don't understand why law-abiding citizens have to suffer for so long from uniting with his/her loved ones. Something has to change. Going though all these hurtles and providing redundant information seems so unproductive. I don't mind providing any information my government needs, but if I provide it, they better act on it in a useful manner and not create so many layers of BS that makes it difficult for me to be with my loved ones.

Marriage : 2007-11-24

I-130 Sent : 2007-12-10

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-02-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-02-11

07/11/2008 - Approved for both I-129F and I-130 (e-mail)!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think everyone on this site would want to sign this petition, not just certain visa types. We are all being kept from our loved ones and it's excruciating for everyone. Could this go somewhere that we will all see it?

3/5/11 sent LOC paperwork

3/9/11 date of NOA

?/?/?? biometrics appointment

Dotto's :thumbs: After all, Do they have to show 10 or 20% above poverty level and prove hundreds of documents etc etc... This is one of my goals.... Thanks for starting this petition :thumbs:

pushbrk shishhhhh back off a little!!!

www.ftknox.info

Filed: Other Timeline
hmmmm Mabey explain how that can hurt the USC trying to get our sposes to the USA??

Well, I'll try.

I've worked with political action committees whenever they lobby for a law change. And I've worked with them regarding immigration law.

As you probably already know, immigration law is pretty complex. So much so, in fact, that it's regarded by attornies as one of the most complex arenas of law one can practice. The INA is broken up into categories by different visa types, and what applies to one type of 'immigrant' doesn't apply to another.

A change in the code for LPR's would not benefit USC's. The law simply isn't written that way. This petition appears to me to be an effort to have that section of the INA modified. Unless the legislation was written in such a way to benefit ALL petitioners, USC's would not benefit.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline
hmmmm Mabey explain how that can hurt the USC trying to get our sposes to the USA??

Well, I'll try.

I've worked with political action committees whenever they lobby for a law change. And I've worked with them regarding immigration law.

As you probably already know, immigration law is pretty complex. So much so, in fact, that it's regarded by attornies as one of the most complex arenas of law one can practice. The INA is broken up into categories by different visa types, and what applies to one type of 'immigrant' doesn't apply to another.

A change in the code for LPR's would not benefit USC's. The law simply isn't written that way. This petition appears to me to be an effort to have that section of the INA modified. Unless the legislation was written in such a way to benefit ALL petitioners, USC's would not benefit.

Makes sense becca,

I would not have thought that but after looking at

more it does make sense..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Susie

Hi Susie,

I did sign the petition, but am surprised to see it has no mention of US Citizens. Are you a USC or a LPR sponsoring your spouse? If so I think a transparency in your postings would be highly desirable.

M

Removal of Conditions I797C - Dec 7th 2010

FP Jan 14th 2011

approved May11th 2011

BEST WISHES!

Susie

Hi Susie,

I did sign the petition, but am surprised to see it has no mention of US Citizens. Are you a USC or a LPR sponsoring your spouse? If so I think a transparency in your postings would be highly desirable.

M

I am a USC - it was one of the few petitions that I saw that could apply to some one here, once I find one that states in detail spouses etc of USC will post........am trying here. But researching it now and Rebecca is correct in the wording so will just spend another few days looking for another one/ The issue that caught my eye was about workers coming over here and having the right to bring their families in a god damn heartbeat. Sorry that issue is sticking really far up in the air right now, and it is so simply wrong. I will fight it, I dont care if I lose that fight, at least I can say I tried every damn avenue available and every side street/

Cheers

Edited by SusieK

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Susie

Hi Susie,

M

I am a USC - it was one of the few petitions that I saw that could apply to some one here, once I find one that states in detail spouses etc of USC will post........am trying here. But researching it now and Rebecca is correct in the wording so will just spend another few days looking for another one/ The issue that caught my eye was about workers coming over here and having the right to bring their families in a god damn heartbeat. Sorry that issue is sticking really far up in the air right now, and it is so simply wrong. I will fight it, I dont care if I lose that fight, at least I can say I tried every damn avenue available and every side street/

Cheers

Susie no you are not wrong, I see these (workers) your taking about

seven days a week.It's complete *&()^%..No need to say sorry, not

at all, there is thousands of people out here feel the same..

Drop that if I lose the fight thing.. :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Susie,

I signed the petition; alerting others not part of VJ family & hopefully, they will become part of this struggle. It's a great cause; keep it up! Remember, most change begins at the grassroot -- we're IT!

Filed: Other Timeline

There's nothing wrong with signing this petition. We should all stay informed of immigration issues.

But you might want to look to organizations who have the muscle and the money to make real change. Here's a link to one of them:

www.americanfamiliesunited.org

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

are you suggesting we should appeal their ... i don't think appeal in the right word .... how long its going to be if we go through that rout ...

i think the fastest way a political body LISTENS is when it comes from a media ... i have said this here ones.

petitioning to these organization is good but we have to wait Months to see results .... that is if anything happens

just my thoughts

www.americanfamiliesunited.org

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.