SusieK

Petition to sign if interested

103 posts in this topic

If you want to make a more convincing argument, you might want to compare the fiance times with the spousal times. If you can show that being engaged means you get here faster than being married, you'll have parallel visas in the same class that lead to the same eventual route (permanent residency), and a good case. Perhaps an amendment to the law would allow spouses to file just the I-129F, for example. But I don't see a lot of progress made on comparing family-based immigration with employment-based derivative status.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Signed. Thanks for the effort. This has been a part of my frustrtaion in the long wait to get my wife's case approved. Hope our voice is heard and the immigration laws are changed to be considerate for the legal immigrants of the country and moreoevre CITIZENS!!!

Thanks again!

Anyone can start a petition... mabey if we start a new one and word it as needed it would at least bring attention to this injustice we are all going thru... After all, there were a suggested 2.5 mil new applicants in July... If we could get 10% of those sigs it would get someones attention right??? It's worth a try!!

pushbrk shishhhhh back off a little!!!

www.ftknox.info

Filed: Timeline

A K3 visa is nothing more than a pretty stamp on a passport that allows the beneficiary to get through a port of entryand stay in the US for 2 years. There is no PR number associated with a K3. There is no authorization to work associated with a K3. All of that comes through the separately filed I130 petition and subsequent application for adjustment of status. A K3 has exactly the same legal status as, yes, a sponsored tourist. Hell vacationers can get non-immigrant visas faster than our spouses can as you so elequently pointed out. (laughing)

A K-3 has an automatic permanent residency number available for them, and may petition to work. Both of which need to be petitioned for, but an H4 has neither of those things.

I agree with you that concerns about security are misplaced. But if your argument is 'but their visa is faster' the answer will come back 'it is a simpler visa with no path to permanent status and no ability to work.' It's faster for a tourist visa, too. Same thing.

Filed: Other Timeline

All a K3 has to do once they are stateside is file I765 in order to work. They do not have to file the I485 to adjust status if they don't wish too.

A K3 visa is nothing more than a pretty stamp on a passport that allows the beneficiary to get through a port of entryand stay in the US for 2 years. There is no PR number associated with a K3. There is no authorization to work associated with a K3. All of that comes through the separately filed I130 petition and subsequent application for adjustment of status. A K3 has exactly the same legal status as, yes, a sponsored tourist. Hell vacationers can get non-immigrant visas faster than our spouses can as you so elequently pointed out. (laughing)

A K-3 has an automatic permanent residency number available for them, and may petition to work. Both of which need to be petitioned for, but an H4 has neither of those things.

I agree with you that concerns about security are misplaced. But if your argument is 'but their visa is faster' the answer will come back 'it is a simpler visa with no path to permanent status and no ability to work.' It's faster for a tourist visa, too. Same thing.

Edited by rebeccajo

Listen, I know you want to be noticed, and I realize you know EVERYTHING about everything with your 107 day journey and stuff, but, if, a K3 visaholder doesnt file AOS can they stay? Permenantly? Can they get a drivers license without the green card? Without finishing and following through this process?

Going back to small words and phonics. (remembering and thanking god i turned down that job at Celenese between Blacksburg and the WV border 4 years ago)

1. This is about getting into the states on US soil and being together

2. Non-immigrants........tourists, 1 day, apply at the embassy, done

3. Non-immigrants.......spouses of sponsored non-immigrants, 1 day, apply at the embassy, done, here in 2 weeks

4. Non-immigrants.......spouses of US Citizens, months and months of BS delays and paperwork

5. Non-immigrants.......foreign workers, can get accelerated processing, non-accelerated takes 8 weeks max

Are you seeing a pattern of "yeah we're pretty screwed here" yet?

I wish to see the same priority, same consideration, and same commitment to processing for a spouse as I see for a non-US worker. There is no compromise, no valid argument, no logic, or no mild "accept this process" doubletalk that makes this right or equal. In all of this TIME together is most important.

Even TOURIST visaholders marry and just stay and file AOS, we both know this. This is about at every turn - following the correct process screws US Citizens. Too late for change for us but I would like to see it fixed for the ones behind us.

David and Nitadyah

All a K3 has to do once they are stateside is file I765 in order to work. They do not have to file the I485 to adjust status if they don't wish too.

Filed: Other Timeline

David, is it possible to have a dialogue with you without you being insulting and rude?

My 107 day journey has nothing to do with this conversation. It has nothing to do with what I know. Where I live has nothing to do with how you need to speak to me. Your insults and condescending prefaces don't help you make your point, unless that point happens to be that YOU are the one who wants to be noticed.

I don't have a problem with the 'war' you are waging. But if you are going to fight that battle you need to get your facts straight and you need to properly draw your analogies (especially since you aspire to be on television with your crusade).

As Caladan explained many of the visa types you have a problem with do not EVER have the option of adjusting status.

No a K3 cannot stay permanently either without adjusting status. They can get a driver's license in most states without having a greencard.

I realize you want the same consideration as other visa types. I realize you want to be with your wife. I do not understand why the fact my husband is already here makes me the bearer of incorrect information to you. I may have had a 107 day journey, but I have been studying this process for over three years. Each day I do what I can (since the system IS less friendly to families than it should be) to understand that process, try to help others understand it, and help speed their journey if possible.

Everybody who points out the 'flaws' in your argument isn't against the argument. But if you want to make one, you damn well better know what you are talking about.

Sorry but this hit a nerve. Quite a few times I see people who have relatively short journey's (versus what we have today) being dismissed because they have not experienced enough delay/heartache or told they do not know what we are going through. That is entirely uncalled for. Picking arguements on a board that is here to help us is not the way to fight this stupid system and it's delays. We're all stressed out about the process and taking it out on each other will not resolve anything. When presenting any arguement it is better to present the facts, Rebeccajo and others are just pointing out things which may have been overlooked that we do need to take into consideration.

We have all either gone through this process (and I thank those that stay around to help and advise those of us that came afterwards), are going through this process or are contemplating starting the journey. You should never put someone down who was LUCKY enough to have a shorter journey than you. It is not them that made the journey shorter, it was that the USCIS were working as intended. We're unlucky in that we applied at one of the worst times possible, and are feeling the brunt of USCIS's mismanagement. 6 months down the line, if USCIS have hired and trained the staff they were meant to, the new petitioners might not have to deal with this as we are having to today.

I am bitter from the PoV that someone who applied a month before we did, was in the US almost 2 months ago... while I still have another potential 2 months to go on my journey. That extra month to file has added 4 months to my journey time. Sure, I am jealous of the shorter time they were parted from their spouse, but I do not blame them and am happy that they were able to reach that point so quickly.

Edited by C and J

Cheryl

06/2005 Met Josh online ~ 02/2006 My 1st visit to the US ~ 09/2006 2nd US visit (Josh proposed) ~ 02/2007 3rd US visit (married)

04/2007 K3 visa applied ~ 05/2007 Josh's 1st UK visit ~ 09/2007 4th US visit ~ 02/2008 K3 visa completed ~ 02/2008 US entry

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

04/2008 AOS/EAD filed ~ 05/2008 Biometrics ~ 06/2008 EAD recv'd ~ 08/2008 Conditional greencard

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/2010 3rd wedding anniversary ~ 06/04/2010 Apply for lifting conditions ~ 06/14 package delivered ~ 07/23 Biometrics

Firstly - quit the rude act. I understand your frustration, but this is completely uncalled for. Perhaps my over a year wait for a K1 and now over 2 years wait for AOS somehow authenticates me to speak on such matters? See how that really just does not make much sense? Perhaps a few digs on Alaska to make an even playing field?

On topic - if you are that hell bent on changing things, join a political action group/lobbyist group. Put your money where your mouth is, quite literally. I belong to one, and we have had real success with networking, and fundraising. I can tell you, any of these grassroots organizations you may wish to seek out do have a tough time against some of these mega-organizations lobbyists. The difference is everyone is supportive of family unity however votes can be bought for the "other" team. Its quite a challenge that takes years.

Get involved with enacting real change versus challenging someone's journey as not justified "enough" to speak on such topics..

Listen, I know you want to be noticed, and I realize you know EVERYTHING about everything with your 107 day journey and stuff, but, if, a K3 visaholder doesnt file AOS can they stay? Permenantly? Can they get a drivers license without the green card? Without finishing and following through this process?

Going back to small words and phonics. (remembering and thanking god i turned down that job at Celenese between Blacksburg and the WV border 4 years ago)

3. Non-immigrants.......spouses of sponsored non-immigrants, 1 day, apply at the embassy, done, here in 2 weeks

4. Non-immigrants.......spouses of US Citizens, months and months of BS delays and paperwork

5. Non-immigrants.......foreign workers, can get accelerated processing, non-accelerated takes 8 weeks max

I wish to see the same priority, same consideration, and same commitment to processing for a spouse as I see for a non-US worker. There is no compromise, no valid argument, no logic, or no mild "accept this process" doubletalk that makes this right or equal. In all of this TIME together is most important.

Even TOURIST visaholders marry and just stay and file AOS, we both know this. This is about at every turn - following the correct process screws US Citizens. Too late for change for us but I would like to see it fixed for the ones behind us.

David and Nitadyah

I wanted to add that the real "value" in online petitions is garnering support between people who feel strongly on whatever topic is presented. It is rarely a successful tool in making any real waves higher up as you are not in any one contituency, but spread all across the whole expanse of the US. A minimum for an online petition to get a politician to bat an eye would be between 10k-15k signatures.

Grab the supporters, create a foundation base and use the petition as a platform to get volunteers and interest in the topic.

Firstly - quit the rude act. I understand your frustration, but this is completely uncalled for. Perhaps my over a year wait for a K1 and now over 2 years wait for AOS somehow authenticates me to speak on such matters? See how that really just does not make much sense? Perhaps a few digs on Alaska to make an even playing field?

On topic - if you are that hell bent on changing things, join a political action group/lobbyist group. Put your money where your mouth is, quite literally. I belong to one, and we have had real success with networking, and fundraising. I can tell you, any of these grassroots organizations you may wish to seek out do have a tough time against some of these mega-organizations lobbyists. The difference is everyone is supportive of family unity however votes can be bought for the "other" team. Its quite a challenge that takes years.

Get involved with enacting real change versus challenging someone's journey as not justified "enough" to speak on such topics..

David and Nitadyah

BUMP....BUMP....... BACK ON THREAD-

Anyone that wants to sign it fine, anyone that does not great.

Happy Holidays

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

Happy Holidays

I did comment on topic. I also requested the rudeness to stop, which is a necessary piece in keeping contructive conversation going. Thanks for the holiday wishes!

Happy Holidays

I did comment on topic. I also requested the rudeness to stop, which is a necessary piece in keeping contructive conversation going. Thanks for the holiday wishes!

Aye me too, lets just try to be civil and help each other, cause the way i see it, we are all in this boat together, a few have gotten off but are never far from sending a life preserver and we all have different opinions, respect those and move forth. As we can all agree on one thing right now......we can not depend on USCIS to give any correct information. :dance:

Cheers!!!!!!!!

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

You have an approved I-130 prior to the visa being issued, correct? The K-3 basically completes the first step of a permanent residency application -- establishing an immediate family relationship -- outside of the country. You can file for an I-765 based solely on the K-3, correct? It is a non-immigrant visa with a path for permanent residency. The others are not.

I'm saying that there are differences in the privileges accorded to the people based on the visas assigned. Should it be faster? Yes. Is the security claim bullshit? Yes. Are you comparing apples and oranges? Yes, you are. If you want a better argument, compare fiancee visas (which establish the same path) with K-3s.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Pending, but not approved

You have an approved I-130 prior to the visa being issued, correct? The K-3 basically completes the first step of a permanent residency application -- establishing an immediate family relationship -- outside of the country. You can file for an I-765 based solely on the K-3, correct? It is a non-immigrant visa with a path for permanent residency. The others are not.

I'm saying that there are differences in the privileges accorded to the people based on the visas assigned. Should it be faster? Yes. Is the security claim bullshit? Yes. Are you comparing apples and oranges? Yes, you are. If you want a better argument, compare fiancee visas (which establish the same path) with K-3s.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.