EsOrEnNa

*Baby Corner*

5,208 posts in this topic

WARNING .... talking about ####### surgery here :)

Hi guys! Declan's surgery went well. He is in a bit of pain from time to time, but it is able to be managed by Motrin and Tylenol and we haven't had to use the prescription for Tylenol with codeine yet. The hardest part is changing his diapers. His ####### is bandaged and horribly red at the end (the only part we can see). It just looks soooo painful. And it is still bleeding a teeny bit. We can't use wipes on it, only a warm washcloth and it sends shivers down my spine to have to even touch his ####### when I know it must be sore.

He had both chordee (where the ####### curves downward) and hypospadias (where there is an abnormally placed urinary opening). The hypospadias was mild. More of the surgery was about repairing the chordee.

I am soooo glad it is over. We stayed overnight the night before the surgery at a Ronald McDonald type of house. I got to talking with some other mothers there. Their babies who were preemies had so many medical problems. I was so impressed by how positive they were. And it made me so thankful that (hopefully) Declan's surgeries are now over. I really am lucky that his problems were able to be fixed and shouldn't impact his life at all.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline

What about the prices for the pregnancy pillows? I saw prices that go from $50 - $170 :unsure: .

Nessa@ We bought cherry wood furniture, looks very nice, we fisrt thought about white but we hink that it will get dirty pretty soon.

Chrissy@ Enjoy NYC and the sales too!! there are sales everywhere, don't forget to visit the Rockefeller center X-mas tree and check the Christmas Spectacular at Radio Cityt Hall, my job is located in the same 5th and 47th, right there.

My back hurts so much :crying: I feel SO heavy and hubby is a little sarcastic and says"welcome to my world! hahahaha

Twila@ Lots of good energy for you and the little ones, sure no more babies??

autumnchik@ I'm glad Declan is fine and he is reacting well to the surgery :star:

Hugs eveybody!

Vi

sofsmile-1.jpg

The ultrasound was today. We are having a boy! I got to see it kicking and eating. Was pretty cool. I'll post some pics later.

My Visa Journey

Removal of Conditions

03/11/11 - Sent I-751

03/14/11 - I-751 Received

03/14/11 - NOA

04/13/11 - Biometrics

05/31/11 - Approved!

06/04/11 - 10 Year Green Card Received!

AOS

07/13/08 - Wedding

08/13/08 - Sent AOS

08/19/08 - NOA for AOS and EAD

11/21/08 - EAD Received (100 days)

04/14/09 - Interview (224 days)

04/25/09 - Green Card Received!

I-129F

09/13/07 - Sent I-129F

11/06/07 - NOA1 (54 days)

02/04/08 - NOA2 (144 days)

04/16/08 - Interview! (216 days)

04/29/08 - Visa delayed.

05/12/08 - Visa on hand! (242 days)

05/20/08 - US Entry

hvV4m7.png

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
The ultrasound was today. We are having a boy! I got to see it kicking and eating. Was pretty cool. I'll post some pics later.

aww congrats Eric, boys are awesome!!! We have our ultrasound tommorrow..soo excited!

Chrissy UK (Yorkshire) John USA (Minnesota)

20/July/05 Married in Las Vegas!!

AOS approved April 12th 2006!!

4/01/08 mailed I-751 to Nebraska

4/3/08 package arrives at Nebraska

4/11/08 check cashed

4/14/08 recieved NOA extension letter

4/26/08 recieved biometrics appointment letter plus it looks like our case has been forwarded to California!

5/02/08 Biometrics scheduled

5/02/08 Biometrics completed in 10 mins!

Woo Hoo....8/28/08 Recieved 10yr Greencard in mail, no approved email!! We are done!!!

.png

.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I love all the Santa pics of the babies.

I am done with my winter program concerts and now can catch up.

Happy Holidays Everyone.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Here are some ultrasound pics

face2.jpg

hand2.jpg

smile.jpg

itsaboy.jpg

My Visa Journey

Removal of Conditions

03/11/11 - Sent I-751

03/14/11 - I-751 Received

03/14/11 - NOA

04/13/11 - Biometrics

05/31/11 - Approved!

06/04/11 - 10 Year Green Card Received!

AOS

07/13/08 - Wedding

08/13/08 - Sent AOS

08/19/08 - NOA for AOS and EAD

11/21/08 - EAD Received (100 days)

04/14/09 - Interview (224 days)

04/25/09 - Green Card Received!

I-129F

09/13/07 - Sent I-129F

11/06/07 - NOA1 (54 days)

02/04/08 - NOA2 (144 days)

04/16/08 - Interview! (216 days)

04/29/08 - Visa delayed.

05/12/08 - Visa on hand! (242 days)

05/20/08 - US Entry

hvV4m7.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

We are sure...no more babies. We had thought seriously about only having one. We felt there was some "string pulling upstairs" when we blessed with twins. When we first found out it was twins, I promised if I ended up with a c-section, I would get fixed. If not, then DH would get fixed. DH is breathing a sigh of relief (men!).

As for the babies turning, it is looking like it is really not going to happen. When they did a measurement u/s 4 weeks ago, they were 4 pounds then (90th percentile for size). I can only imagine how big they are now. Everytime they do a quick u/s to check out the amniotic fluid and such, the u/s tech always comments about how chubby Zak's cheeks are (and he is slightly smaller). I imagine they must be close to 5.5 to 6 pounds each. They have not changed position, either, in more than 4 weeks (Before that they would exchange places all the time.) In addition, with my blood pressure remaining in the range it is in, my OB feels it is more a controlled situation to do a c-section, not to mention she won't attempt a vaginal delivery with twins unless they both end up vertex / vertex.

So...what suggestions does everyone have for the hospital bag? And...did anyone find a good place to do birth announcements (like Walmart, Walgreens, Target, online, etc)?

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Timeline

Autumn – Glad to hear the surgery was a success and he is doing well.

Stina and Carolyn – I LOVE the new pics!

EricC – Those U/S pics are AWESOME! Congrats on the boy!

Twila – Sounds like you guys have everything planned out. You will be meeting double trouble soon, how exciting!!

Chrissy – Good luck with the U/S today. Crossing my fingers for a girl for ya.

I don’t know about anyone else, but if I could be a stay at home mom I would be all over trying to have another right now. I’m seriously considering trying closer to Ayman’s first b-day. I know people are having babies later and later in life, but personally I don’t think I could handle an infant the older I get. I would like to have any/all children by the time I am 35, if not before. Plus, I would like my children to be somewhat close in age. My older sister and I are only 16 months apart, but my younger sister and I are 17 yrs apart. I don’t want to be like my parents and always complaining about how they should be retiring and probably never will since they are still raising a child. Not that they don’t love her or have regret, but they say they just don’t have the energy they used to.

goCsm4.png

photo22-1-1.jpg

AF3Cm5.png

Timeline

Twila I can't remember exactly what I packed. I know by the time we left the hospital it seemed we had half our house there.

Just make sure the pack something VERY comfortable for you to wear home.

Socks and slippers, or those socks with the grippers in the bottom.

Robe

Toiletries

Your own undies and pads unless you want to wear what the hospital gives you.

Laptop, camera, video camera and plenty of books or crossword puzzles for while you are waiting.

Something comfy and warm for baby to wear home.

PJ's for baby if you want them to wear your clothes vs. the hospital t-shirts.

Blankets

The hospital will provide diapers, wipes, formula (if needed), pacis (but bring your own if you prefer the soothies) and plenty of t-shirts for baby.

Food/snacks for hubby.

Oh and probably something for hubby to sleep in if he plans on staying the night with you.

I can't remember what else since Simo and my mom took turns staying with me and they each kept bringing more junk to the hospital every time they came.

Edited by ~ Karima ~

goCsm4.png

photo22-1-1.jpg

AF3Cm5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

@Twila: finally. you must be excited (F)

I'm glad Declan's surgery went well :)

@EricC: congrats on the boy. we VJers sure like to make boys :lol:

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Twila-

Things I wish I had brought in my hospital bag:

More socks

A robe to go walking in

Pajamas and earplugs for my husband (he decided to stay after we got to the hospital, but didnt bring anything)

A phone card (for calling long-distance)

Pens and notepads (you'd be amazed how many things you need to write down)

Things I brought and didnt need:

Extra books and puzzle magazines (I was too tired and one was enough)

Extra underwear (the hospital supplied special undergarments and pads)

Extra outfits for the baby (only needed one for pictures and one to wear home)

Diapers and wipes (hospital gives you plenty of both and you can take them home too)

By the by, good luck w/your c-section. Mine went wonderfully, but I think having it pre-planned makes a major difference. Laboring first has got to be killer. I was doing mild housework the first week I was home and off to the grocery store 2 weeks after he was born.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

@Eric: aww your ultrasound pictures came out great!

@autum: glad Declan is doing ok! He's a little pro at this now! Hope he will heal soon!!

@Hospital Bag: I don't think I would have made it without my little neck pillow (you know one of those airplane pillows) and the body pillow.

Having a baby is ugly business. Since you are going to wear hospital 'fashion', bring some soap, lotion, hair stuff etc.

People will take tons of pictures of you, regardless of how long you labored, how pouffy your face is from all the crying and pushing and how sweaty you are. I felt like a million bucks after hubby helped me wash my face,put some lipgloss on and brush my hair on one of those bathroom trips.

I had a long sweater instead of a robe but I couldn't walk for a few weeks, so all I needed wass flip flops.

I didn't read/watch TV either. Phone cards are good, cell phone charger, pacifier and diaper bag for baby

Pack a little bag for hubby (change of clothes, snacks) cash, checkbook if you decide to get pictures taken at the hospital.

I also brought brand new Jammies and Underwear- that I never used after realizing what a mess childbirth is.lol

@birth announcements: my mom is a good photographer and she took some awsome pics with her camera. We uploaded them to shutterfly and putt our own cards together.

Edited by chnst

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

autumn-Thanks for the update, I'm glad the surgery went well. Wishing Declan a speedy recovery!! Does he have a tube in?

EricC-Congrats on the boy!

Twila-It's good to know the babies are doing so well.

Karima-Thanks, the hat picture is too cute in your signature!

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hospital bag: Definitely bring snacks and clothes for hubbie! DH stayed with us all the time, there was a bed for him in our labor/delivery/postpartum room. If you don't like hospital gowns (i certainly don't) get some cheap large men's t-shirts, that's what I was wearing throughout the whole process. After giving birth we tossed that shirt as they handed me my son right away and of course the new ones are kinda bloody... Since you have a c-section, I think you have to wear their gown, but can change as soon as the procedure is finished.

Taking that first shower afterward is heaven. You suddenly feel 1000% better!

If you plan on breastfeeding, make sure that they have lactation consultants (if they are too small and you want to provide your milk, they can help pumping etc) there and maybe get a MEdela breastshield (ca. $6 at Babies'R'us) just in case (if it's unopened, you can return it). It's in case you have difficulties with getting a good latch.

Really important: your own pillow. I wouldn't have survived without mine!

We just did birth announcements as Christmas cards... Snapfish.

@ Karima: Hm I can't imagine having two. We want to space them out 3 years, 3 all together. Psychological research indicates that 3 years is the perfect age for kids to not be jealous of their younger siblings. My sisters are only 2 years apart and my oldest sister got really mad when my other one was born. She didn't walk and talk for months out of protest! Well, so I will be 32 when I give birth to my youngest, not bad I guess.

@ Autumn: I'm glad it's over... I hope the wound will heal soon!

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!