~~~water~~~

Its tuesday - my first thread

73 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Yay! I'm so glad for your puppy!

Foreign degree authentication sucks if anyone ever has to go through this. We're working on certified translations of his Syrian transcripts and Diploma right now, and overall I think the whole thing is going to cost like $400. Sucks, too, that it's only good for 3 years!

o.k. guys I do not know what this is. Is it something I should worry about now or after Jack gets here? Also, please excuse my ignorance but what is EID?

It depends on what he is planning to try for when he comes. If he is going to go to a University to get a degree or attend classes, he's going to need official transcripts from every single college/university he has ever attended, and they cannot be handled by him... sent to the University here in English (which may require a certified translation to accompany it). They can be sealed and he just take them with him. If he is going into graduate school, he MAY have to have his degree quthenticated if it is not from a well-known place and that would depend on the university. If he is going to apply to teach at a college or university, he will HAVE to have this authentication of all of his degrees which he is using (so undergraduate and graduate) in order to show qualification. So like Ammar taught physical anthropology before he came here and now we're looking at similar jobs-- teaching at the college level. You have to have your degrees authenticated and certified in order to meet minimum qualification because having graduate degrees (and the associated undergraduate) is a requirement of the position. So yes, if Jack if going to attend college/grad school here or if he is going to be an instructor at the college level (and probably high school/middle/secondary) or any kind of professional whose job depends on their degrees for certification/licensing/qualification (so medical/social/etc) he will eventually have to have this done. It's not hard, it's just time consuming and momre money than you'll want to pay at the time :)

EID is a celebration/holiday. The last day of Ramadan is called EID and there is a holiday this Dec. 19th where people buy a sheep and kill it and eat it and donate some to the less fortunate. I'm sure others can explain that better.

Yeah like Sarah said-- this holiday coming up is Eid al-Adha, where Muslims believe Abraham went to sacrifice Ishmael (not Isaac like Jews/Christians believe) and was given the reprieve.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a great day today. I have to go to a training today for 3 hours but it is ok since reverse mortgages are starting to happen more I need to have more knowledge. I will have to aks my husband what he plans on doing for EID I am sure that he will celebrate at the mosque.

Hope everyone has a great day and keeps safe in this weather.

Jul 20, 2006 Arrived in Amman, Jordan

Jul 24, 2006 Married in Amman, Jordan

Oct 11, 2006 I130 Approval Oct. 26, 2006 I129F Approval

Nov. 8, 2006 Recieved letter that I-129 was sent to Amman, Jordan

Dec 13, 2006 Recieved Package from Amman Embassy for K3 Intreview date Aug. 15,2007

Mar 05,2007 Embassy called interview scheduled for March 19th

Mar 19, 2007 Interview for K3- AP

May 20, 2007 Embassy called for Hasan to send in his passport!!!

May 24, 2007 Recieved Interview date of June 5th for CR1?

June 05, 2007 Interviewed and she said he was approved, kept passport and said will recieve in 4 days.

June 12, 2007 VISA IN HAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 21, 2007 Hasan arrived in the USA and so very happy!

June 26, 2007 Applied for SSN

July 06, 2007 SSN in hand

July 25, 2007 Green Card in Hand!

Aug 13, 2007 Behind the wheel test, Passed. Now has California DL

I-751

Mar 26, 2009 Sent in I-751

Mar 28, 2009 Proof received

April 1, 2009 check cashed

April 3, 2009 NOA Received

April 16,2009 received bio appt letter

April 24, 2009 Biometrics Appointment

June 6, 2009 Removal of Conditions Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 17, 2009 10 Year Green Card in hand!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Foreign degree authentication sucks if anyone ever has to go through this. We're working on certified translations of his Syrian transcripts and Diploma right now, and overall I think the whole thing is going to cost like $400. Sucks, too, that it's only good for 3 years!

o.k. guys I do not know what this is. Is it something I should worry about now or after Jack gets here? Also, please excuse my ignorance but what is EID?

It depends on what he is planning to try for when he comes. If he is going to go to a University to get a degree or attend classes, he's going to need official transcripts from every single college/university he has ever attended, and they cannot be handled by him... sent to the University here in English (which may require a certified translation to accompany it). They can be sealed and he just take them with him. If he is going into graduate school, he MAY have to have his degree quthenticated if it is not from a well-known place and that would depend on the university. If he is going to apply to teach at a college or university, he will HAVE to have this authentication of all of his degrees which he is using (so undergraduate and graduate) in order to show qualification. So like Ammar taught physical anthropology before he came here and now we're looking at similar jobs-- teaching at the college level. You have to have your degrees authenticated and certified in order to meet minimum qualification because having graduate degrees (and the associated undergraduate) is a requirement of the position. So yes, if Jack if going to attend college/grad school here or if he is going to be an instructor at the college level (and probably high school/middle/secondary) or any kind of professional whose job depends on their degrees for certification/licensing/qualification (so medical/social/etc) he will eventually have to have this done. It's not hard, it's just time consuming and momre money than you'll want to pay at the time :)

EID is a celebration/holiday. The last day of Ramadan is called EID and there is a holiday this Dec. 19th where people buy a sheep and kill it and eat it and donate some to the less fortunate. I'm sure others can explain that better.

Yeah like Sarah said-- this holiday coming up is Eid al-Adha, where Muslims believe Abraham went to sacrifice Ishmael (not Isaac like Jews/Christians believe) and was given the reprieve.

Thank you so much Miss Julianna for the information. (L)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Start now then Sparrow! It's a long process unless you want to pay rush fees! And we have to pay for rush :(

We can't afford to do it at all right now :(. Not with both cars in the shop this week and God knows whatever else we have to pay. We know it's going to be a long time till he can work as a pharmacist again but there's not much we can do about it without $$$$$.

Divorced. To hell with him.

Busy as a bee here today! Supposed to get a snowstorm this weekend!! :dance:

........... really? :unsure:

i have to start paying attention to the weather.

oooo it's also supposed to snow thurs night and fri morning....

They're saying that Sat night into Sunday for the snow. Only light snow on Thurs and rain tomorrow.

phew!!!!!!! as long as i don't have to get up early to scrape the snow and ice off my car and commute to work, bring it on! :thumbs:

animated-snowflakes.gifanimated-snowflakes.gifanimated-snowflakes.gifanimated-snowflakes.gifanimated-snowflakes.gifanimated-snowflakes.gifanimated-snowflakes.gif

Edited by hollyw

Timeline
Start now then Sparrow! It's a long process unless you want to pay rush fees! And we have to pay for rush :(

We can't afford to do it at all right now :(. Not with both cars in the shop this week and God knows whatever else we have to pay. We know it's going to be a long time till he can work as a pharmacist again but there's not much we can do about it without $$$$$.

Oooo, yeah.. well you can start though-- like we translated his transcripts, etc ourselves and it's a lot cheaper that way-- because you just pay for authentication of your work and not for them to work! So if he has anything in Arabic, you can actually start now and begin to get yourselves ready :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline
Who are you using to do this? We are using WES (world educations services) I sent Hachemi's family the signed release to have his transcript sent from the University directly to WES. (required by WES) Does WES get them translated or does WES send the transcripts to us to get translated? I am confused at this point. Anybody that has used them, can you please let me know how it works? I sent a copy and translation of his University diploma to WES also. Hachemi is enrolled in our local community college and will start this January. He has 3 online classes and one that he will have to attend at the college.

Meriem (F)

I've not looked into WES... The place we're using wants certified translations of any transcripts and diplomas NOT in English (can you get Hachemi's transcripts, etc in English?). He can get his MA in English but Syria does not do anything other than Arabic, so we have translated them (last night, PITA!) and are going to get the translation certified. Then we'll send off for the degree and hopefully we'll have about a 5-6 day turn around. We have to send all teh originals (which is scary) and he is being certified for American employment. If you're doing this for school, it's different. The biggest problem we have right now is that Ammar is also applying for PhD entrance, and that required 2 copies of official transcripts sent from teh university itself.. he said he may be able to get the Jordanian university to do this but Syria-- no way, they don't issue this stuff. So we're off today to figure out if they will accept his official transcripts that he got upon graduation. GAH.

Who are you using to do this?

Meriem (F)

Oh and this is who we're using:

http://www.iescaree.com/

For employment it has to be NACES accredited, so I just looked and decided on these people :)

You know, I am not sure if the University will translate them. I hope they do. If they have to be sent straight from the University to WES, I dont know how to get them translated if we dont have them. To evaluate his University education and diploma cost 160 dollars. They will send one report to the college you will attend and one report to you. Here is the link toWorld Education Services.

Meriem. (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

ok, u all have sparked a question... hubster went to college and completed all required to be a teacher but never took the test. I think it was at mu'tah university (i'll have to ask him when he gets home). He taught mathematics and arabic in elementary school for a while in Jordan. I asked him to get his paperwork from the university but he said it was turned into a womans nursing school now and they couldn't get his records. If he got his records, wouldn't he just have to get them translated to english and then all he'd have to do is take the test??? If that is correct, do any of you know how/where he might go to get his transcripts from that college since it was changed and they tell him they have no records??? it would be nice if he could get a teaching job. He'd make more money at least.... :help:

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Happy tuesday everyone...

we are all sick here with a nasty cold and I can tell you, I have ONE CRABBY BABY. I cant put her down and she is so unhappy. poor girl. and in the meantime all the rest of us feel like ####### too so its not much fun here.

I just wish we had some snow so I could look outside and see a winter wonderland! :)

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Timeline
You know, I am not sure if the University will translate them. I hope they do. If they have to be sent straight from the University to WES, I dont know how to get them translated if we dont have them. To evaluate his University education and diploma cost 160 dollars. They will send one report to the college you will attend and one report to you. Here is the link toWorld Education Services.

Meriem. (F)

They may just send an English copy. Yeah, see Ammar has 2 diplomas and sets of transcripts to evaluate, so we get to pay times two. The place I sent you will do a grad plus undergrad though for like $180 or so. WHich is great. They keep the records on file for 3 years here, and you can get extra copies (which we'll need for applications) for about $30 or so each.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline
Happy tuesday everyone...

we are all sick here with a nasty cold and I can tell you, I have ONE CRABBY BABY. I cant put her down and she is so unhappy. poor girl. and in the meantime all the rest of us feel like ####### too so its not much fun here.

I just wish we had some snow so I could look outside and see a winter wonderland! :)

Awww Sara, sorry you guys are all sick. I hope everyone is feeling better soon!

I cant imagine it snowing here anytime soon. I have had the air conditioning on the past 2 days. It is hard to believe 2 weeks before Christmas and it is unusually hot here in North Mississippi.

Meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
ok, u all have sparked a question... hubster went to college and completed all required to be a teacher but never took the test. I think it was at mu'tah university (i'll have to ask him when he gets home). He taught mathematics and arabic in elementary school for a while in Jordan. I asked him to get his paperwork from the university but he said it was turned into a womans nursing school now and they couldn't get his records. If he got his records, wouldn't he just have to get them translated to english and then all he'd have to do is take the test??? If that is correct, do any of you know how/where he might go to get his transcripts from that college since it was changed and they tell him they have no records??? it would be nice if he could get a teaching job. He'd make more money at least.... :help:

(F) amal (F)

We already had Khallids transcripts translated from Cairo before he came here. We took everything to the dept of education at the University here and they figured out what all he needed to take to equal what they wanted in a teaching degree.

Timeline

(F) amal (F)

Does your Dh have his transcripts and his diploma? He has to have something since he was working... he's going to have to have it translated (unless it's already in English) and authenticated through a service, and then he can probably just take the test unless there are additional steps for teacher licensure required in your state. Really, it would be sort of a "try it and see" process.

:( Im having my second Monday this week. I just got told today the company will not honor my doctor's note and is forcing me to take early maternity leave (which I dont get paid for). So after this Friday Im off work for at least 4 months. They 'say' they'll hold my job, but I doubt it. After all the bullying Ive put up with from them in the last few months, I doubt they are going to do anything past the 12 weeks the law requires. B@stards. I was also informed that its all my fault the accounts are behind (newsflash, the account I work has been behind for 2 years before I ever touched it). Oh well, they'll get their comeuppance.

*sigh* sorry, had to rant.

Happy Tuesday peeps.

Edited by yassmine2878

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.