~~~water~~~

Its tuesday - my first thread

73 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
:( Im having my second Monday this week. I just got told today the company will not honor my doctor's note and is forcing me to take early maternity leave (which I dont get paid for). So after this Friday Im off work for at least 4 months. They 'say' they'll hold my job, but I doubt it. After all the bullying Ive put up with from them in the last few months, I doubt they are going to do anything past the 12 weeks the law requires. B@stards. I was also informed that its all my fault the accounts are behind (newsflash, the account I work has been behind for 2 years before I ever touched it). Oh well, they'll get their comeuppance.

*sigh* sorry, had to rant.

Happy Tuesday peeps.

I don't understand.......how can a company force you to take maternity leave??? I mean unless you've just given birth at your desk, what's the big deal? I went straight up until the day I delivered with my second one and no one said a word. As a matter of fact I was talking to him in the birth room on the phone wrapping up stuff in between contractions!!! lol.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:( Im having my second Monday this week. I just got told today the company will not honor my doctor's note and is forcing me to take early maternity leave (which I dont get paid for). So after this Friday Im off work for at least 4 months. They 'say' they'll hold my job, but I doubt it. After all the bullying Ive put up with from them in the last few months, I doubt they are going to do anything past the 12 weeks the law requires. B@stards. I was also informed that its all my fault the accounts are behind (newsflash, the account I work has been behind for 2 years before I ever touched it). Oh well, they'll get their comeuppance.

Happy Tuesday peeps.

I don't understand.......how can a company force you to take maternity leave??? I mean unless you've just given birth at your desk, what's the big deal? I went straight up until the day I delivered with my second one and no one said a word. As a matter of fact I was talking to him in the birth room on the phone wrapping up stuff in between contractions!!! lol.

My doctor wanted me to work reduced hours until I went on leave, the company didnt want to honor the doctor's note. I was planning on working part-time until the first week of February.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
chicken pox during xmas. yuck! i got chicken pox by bringing homework home to my neighbor who was home sick from school with chicken pox. she stupidly answered the door herself...then what do you know? i got chicken pox and then my brothers all caught it from me!

I got the chicken pox when I was 24 years old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG it was awful! :girlwerewolf2xn:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Happy Tuesday!

How is everyone doing?

I'm happy cause I'm leaving work early today to help a friend cook a feast for her Church, then I'm going shopping for ingredients for my office Christmas party/dinner. We're having ham and man do I love me some ham.

Have a good one!

I hate ham. Yuck! That is why you deserve a special nickname.

Timeline

:crying: extreme pain :crying: today has been the most painful day of my life!!! worse than childbirth... Had to get a root canal for a tooth they have no idea why its hurting n\must be a crack they cant see. OMG I was crying from the pain in the chair as they pulled the root and ever since the procedure the pain was insane and I had seven shots of anstesia..once it wore off omg I was dying till I got pain killers 2hrs later.... I hope tommorrow my luck changes. Thank God for vicodin even with it Im almost in tears

a toothache of killer magnitude in one way to get you mind off the visa... :thumbs: just kidding

Edited by water is wide

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
Yay! I'm so glad for your puppy!

Foreign degree authentication sucks if anyone ever has to go through this. We're working on certified translations of his Syrian transcripts and Diploma right now, and overall I think the whole thing is going to cost like $400. Sucks, too, that it's only good for 3 years!

o.k. guys I do not know what this is. Is it something I should worry about now or after Jack gets here? Also, please excuse my ignorance but what is EID?

EID is a celebration/holiday. The last day of Ramadan is called EID and there is a holiday this Dec. 19th where people buy a sheep and kill it and eat it and donate some to the less fortunate. I'm sure others can explain that better.

I certainly HOPE someone can explain it better...EWWW! :huh: (wanted the green guy but can't find him!)

Happy Tuesday peeps.

My doctor wanted me to work reduced hours until I went on leave, the company didnt want to honor the doctor's note. I was planning on working part-time until the first week of February.

that really sucks yassmine. I hope you guys will be ok.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Yassmine, that SUCKS!! Is that legal? Did this come from your boss or from the HR department? I honestly don't think they can do that. I write notes for my patients like that all the time and it's never been a problem.

PLUS there's the family leave act... they HAVE to save your job for you for a certain amount of time.

Edited to add: Though I'm not sure you want them to save your job if they're being that jerky to you :(

Edited by kerewin21

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Saweeeeee honey! (F)

:crying: extreme pain :crying: today has been the most painful day of my life!!! worse than childbirth... Had to get a root canal for a tooth they have no idea why its hurting n\must be a crack they cant see. OMG I was crying from the pain in the chair as they pulled the root and ever since the procedure the pain was insane and I had seven shots of anstesia..once it wore off omg I was dying till I got pain killers 2hrs later.... I hope tommorrow my luck changes. Thank God for vicodin even with it Im almost in tears

a toothache of killer magnitude in one way to get you mind off the visa... :thumbs: just kidding

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Yay! I'm so glad for your puppy!

Foreign degree authentication sucks if anyone ever has to go through this. We're working on certified translations of his Syrian transcripts and Diploma right now, and overall I think the whole thing is going to cost like $400. Sucks, too, that it's only good for 3 years!

o.k. guys I do not know what this is. Is it something I should worry about now or after Jack gets here? Also, please excuse my ignorance but what is EID?

EID is a celebration/holiday. The last day of Ramadan is called EID and there is a holiday this Dec. 19th where people buy a sheep and kill it and eat it and donate some to the less fortunate. I'm sure others can explain that better.

I certainly HOPE someone can explain it better...EWWW! :huh: (wanted the green guy but can't find him!)

are you vegan?

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Timeline

Happy Tuesday peeps.

Is this coming from your HR department or from your supervisor? If it's your supervisor I would go to HR immediately because that totally sounds not legal to me. :angry:

Yassmine, that SUCKS!! Is that legal? Did this come from your boss or from the HR department? I honestly don't think they can do that. I write notes for my patients like that all the time and it's never been a problem.

PLUS there's the family leave act... they HAVE to save your job for you for a certain amount of time.

Edited to add: Though I'm not sure you want them to save your job if they're being that jerky to you :(

I have no idea if its legal or not. I wouldnt even know who to ask. HR said they had no problem with me working half days until my regular maternity leave was scheduled (in 2 months) and my immediate supervisor also had no qulams. But the 'business manager' aka Mrs. Hitler refused the doctor's note. (She's a two-faced douchebag to begin with, but that's a whole 'nother ball of wax). So instead of working half days for the next 2 months and then taking 8 weeks off for maternity leave, Im being forced to take off at least 16 weeks. FMLA only requires that they hold my job for 12 weeks max. And yeah, Im not that crazy about returning. This is not the first time Ive been bullied by Mrs Hitler, she's really racking up her scorecard of evil deeds. Its not like I cant get another job in the same field with the same or better pay, but not now. No one is going to hire me for part-time work at 30 weeks pregnant for 2 little months.

Mrs. Hilter's reasoning behind refusing my doctor's note was that it should only take one person half their work hours to complete the account/hospital I was assigned to. If that were true, then me working part-time would have made perfect sense. :huh:

Timeline

sounds like she's just trying to get rid of you. I would go to hr and file a complaint and threaten legal action if I were you, even if you don't intend on doing it. That should fire them up enough to let you stay on until you want to go for maternity leave.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.