~~~water~~~

Its tuesday - my first thread

73 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
home again today, could have made it today since its mostly rain, but no power at work, back yard looks like war zone but we are still lucky houses across the street and behind dont have power but we still do. I had to bring my mom here yesterday because she had no power

Nice to see you back posting again. Can't wait to hear trip details.

Good morning all

have a good day everybody

Morning everyone

Is it Friday yet????

I'm ready for the weekend

:dance:

Uh no. But, I can't wait either because by Saturday we'll be at his family's house. I can't believe it takes nearly two days of travel to get there and one to get back. :blink:

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Happy Tuesday!

How is everyone doing?

I'm happy cause I'm leaving work early today to help a friend cook a feast for her Church, then I'm going shopping for ingredients for my office Christmas party/dinner. We're having ham and man do I love me some ham.

Have a good one!

Isn't shopping for cooking so fun???!! :dance: No more baking for me until I get back. :crying:

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

Timeline
Happy Tuesday!

How is everyone doing?

I'm happy cause I'm leaving work early today to help a friend cook a feast for her Church, then I'm going shopping for ingredients for my office Christmas party/dinner. We're having ham and man do I love me some ham.

Have a good one!

Isn't shopping for cooking so fun???!! :dance: No more baking for me until I get back. :crying:

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Happy Tuesday!

How is everyone doing?

Have a good one!

It's ok until I have to go to 5 different stores, then I get pretty tired.

Timeline
Maggie your schedule confuses me. Are you in Morocco? I need a calendar just to keep track of YOUR schedule. ;)

:lol: No not yet. Leaving Thursday for Morocco. Come back on the 6th of Jan. THEN off to calif on the 10th, which is why you are confused. Won't be in Calif until after new years so stop panicking!! :P

Happy Tuesday!

How is everyone doing?

Have a good one!

It's ok until I have to go to 5 different stores, then I get pretty tired.

5 stores?? :help: I haven't had quite that much fun yet :no:

Foodnetwork.com is my new cookbook. NO more boring hamburger for me. No sir.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

Timeline
Maggie your schedule confuses me. Are you in Morocco? I need a calendar just to keep track of YOUR schedule. ;)

:lol: No not yet. Leaving Thursday for Morocco. Come back on the 6th of Jan. THEN off to calif on the 10th, which is why you are confused. Won't be in Calif until after new years so stop panicking!! :P

I know when you're coming, finally.

Have fun in Morocco!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Who are you using to do this? We are using WES (world educations services) I sent Hachemi's family the signed release to have his transcript sent from the University directly to WES. (required by WES) Does WES get them translated or does WES send the transcripts to us to get translated? I am confused at this point. Anybody that has used them, can you please let me know how it works? I sent a copy and translation of his University diploma to WES also. Hachemi is enrolled in our local community college and will start this January. He has 3 online classes and one that he will have to attend at the college.

Meriem (F)

I've not looked into WES... The place we're using wants certified translations of any transcripts and diplomas NOT in English (can you get Hachemi's transcripts, etc in English?). He can get his MA in English but Syria does not do anything other than Arabic, so we have translated them (last night, PITA!) and are going to get the translation certified. Then we'll send off for the degree and hopefully we'll have about a 5-6 day turn around. We have to send all teh originals (which is scary) and he is being certified for American employment. If you're doing this for school, it's different. The biggest problem we have right now is that Ammar is also applying for PhD entrance, and that required 2 copies of official transcripts sent from teh university itself.. he said he may be able to get the Jordanian university to do this but Syria-- no way, they don't issue this stuff. So we're off today to figure out if they will accept his official transcripts that he got upon graduation. GAH.

Yay! I'm so glad for your puppy!

Foreign degree authentication sucks if anyone ever has to go through this. We're working on certified translations of his Syrian transcripts and Diploma right now, and overall I think the whole thing is going to cost like $400. Sucks, too, that it's only good for 3 years!

Who are you using to do this?

Meriem (F)

Oh and this is who we're using:

http://www.iescaree.com/

For employment it has to be NACES accredited, so I just looked and decided on these people :)

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Timeline

Hicham sent some documents to his sister in Morocco over a month ago through USPS which usually works great- the price is about $25 and everything gets there within one week usually. Well we just got the package returned to us with no notes or anything on it. It just says "Mohammedia". Does anyone know why this might happen? I guess I'm going back to the post office today to send it back again. It appears to have made it to MOrocco, then they sent it back.

Busy as a bee here today! Supposed to get a snowstorm this weekend!! :dance:

........... really? :unsure:

i have to start paying attention to the weather.

oooo it's also supposed to snow thurs night and fri morning....

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Foreign degree authentication sucks if anyone ever has to go through this. We're working on certified translations of his Syrian transcripts and Diploma right now, and overall I think the whole thing is going to cost like $400. Sucks, too, that it's only good for 3 years!

o.k. guys I do not know what this is. Is it something I should worry about now or after Jack gets here? Also, please excuse my ignorance but what is EID?

Timeline

o.k. guys I do not know what this is. Is it something I should worry about now or after Jack gets here? Also, please excuse my ignorance but what is EID?

EID is a celebration/holiday. The last day of Ramadan is called EID and there is a holiday this Dec. 19th where people buy a sheep and kill it and eat it and donate some to the less fortunate. I'm sure others can explain that better.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Busy as a bee here today! Supposed to get a snowstorm this weekend!! :dance:

........... really? :unsure:

i have to start paying attention to the weather.

oooo it's also supposed to snow thurs night and fri morning....

They're saying that Sat night into Sunday for the snow. Only light snow on Thurs and rain tomorrow.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.