I hate to think all our Philippines forum info is gone :crying::blink:

ME MIC.GIFFiancee PHI.GIF

-----------------------------------------

Day 1---- 6-13-2005 Sent I-129f in

Day 77--- 8-29-2005 NOA2

Day 106---9-27-2005 Manila recieved case

Day 445---9-01-2006 Interview date(AR).........Waiting

Day 499--10-25-2006 Case sent back to Embassy for review

Day 529--11-24-2006 Recieved Visa from Delbros!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I hate to think all our Philippines forum info is gone :crying::blink:

It's not gone. It's in the old forums. You can still access them...my suggestion is to start a new post in the forums here and post a link to the old forum thread. That way you can always find it.

It's better than what was happening...we were having database problems and losing posts entirely. This is a pretty good workaround and Capt. Ewok's gotten it sorted FAST! :)

Electricity is really just organized lightning.

Filed: Timeline

So what is going on here? Will the site have forums like before or is it going to be one continuing message board? My main concern is the Active Topic link, because I sure as hell ain't searching in 15 places to look for threads that need SSN help.

Edited by mdyoung

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
I am sure Ewok and the Wookster will get it all sorted in time :thumbs:

:) All will be worked out!

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

deleted

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

LOOOOOOOVE it Captain! Thank you ALL!

smilie_s.gifsmilie_h.gifsmilie_a.gifsmilie_r.gifsmilie_o.gifsmilie_n.gif

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away"

I'm late to the party, but what is the purpose of posting threads pointing to archived threads, if posts will only appear in the archived forum? :(

Edited by diadromous mermaid

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

ok im having trouble geting into this site i have www.visajourney.com saved in my favourites but it dont work i cant even get into it by typing the address. the only way i can get in is to go through old email what am i doing wrong

angela

SENT K1 VISA APPLICATION--- 7/17/05
NOA1--- 7/27/05
DAY 78--- 10/14/2005 APPROVED
LEFT NVS--- 10/24/2005
RECEIVED PACKET 3--- 11/09/2005
RECEIVED PACKET 4 --- 11/24/2005
INTERVIEW --- 12/02/2005 APPROVED
RECEIVED VISA--- 12/08/2005

SENT AOS--- EAD--- 02/28/2006
received noa for AOS and EAD-------- 03/07/2006
biometrics done-------- 04/26/2006
Touched for both AOS @ EAD------- 05/03/2006
EAD APPROVED----------------------- 05/19/2006
EAD received in mail ------------------- 05/24/2006
AOS APPROVED -------------------- 06/14/2006
RECEIVED GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL 19 JUNE 2006

SENT REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS----------- 03/12/2008
check cashed---------- 03/19/2008
NOA Dated----------- 03/17/2008 receive in mail 03/20/2008
biometrics ------------ 04/16/2008
APPROVED ----------- 06/13/2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm late to the party, but what is the purpose of posting threads pointing to archived threads, if posts will only appear in the archived forum? :(

It's my understanding that because of the server crash, there was data corruption, but only when the server tried to optimize the post table.

Okay so in English (cuz I didn't get that really) what it means is that it was something buggy with the posts/threads that was crashing the server. Because of the numerous posts, Capt. Ewok couldn't sift through each to find the problem, and was understandably hesistant to port everything over lest it happen here.

So to not lose the old info entirely, and because (at least from what I'm seeing) about 75% of all VJers apparently have no clue that the "Site Related Discussion" forum exists (where the information was about what was happening and how to access the old info), links to the old forums are being put in the new forums for reference. When Ewok is done all the transferring those old threads will only be viewable not postable (might be already, I just woke up and haven't looked around).

I believe it was only the posts that would be continuing on, ongoing. i.e. in the Canada region we have a couple of pinned topics that I've posted here and linked to the old threads for reference.

Electricity is really just organized lightning.

Because straight up there wasnt a lot of choice and if members wanted to access them this was the easiest way....and the links to threads that were long that members would want to retain where put in same titled thread....and they would just continue on in the new thread, always having access to archived thread for info.

What would you suggest as an alternative

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

ok im having trouble geting into this site i have www.visajourney.com saved in my favourites but it dont work i cant even get into it by typing the address. the only way i can get in is to go through old email what am i doing wrong

angela

hmmm...me too....once I got on thro on an email I deleted the orginal address and pasted the one that appeared above into my favourites....that seemed to work.

Because straight up there wasnt a lot of choice and if members wanted to access them this was the easiest way....and the links to threads that were long that members would want to retain where put in same titled thread....and they would just continue on in the new thread, always having access to archived thread for info.

Is there no way to migrate the threads into this forum?

"diaddie mermaid"

Is there no way to migrate the threads into this forum?

No that was part of the problem as to why the old data base was corrupt. They had to stay put. And as there is a lot of valuable info in many of those posts.....this was the only way.

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

EAD

AOS

timeline

NSC

I-864

No underscoring, hyperlinks

No that was part of the problem as to why the old data base was corrupt. They had to stay put. And as there is a lot of valuable info in many of those posts.....this was the only way.

That's too bad. There has to be a way, otherwise this is a virgin forum. I can see using the links as reference, but the continuity of the thread will be lost, if people cannot quote. Wookie is a wizard, I'm sure he'll figure it out

Edited by diadromous mermaid

"diaddie mermaid"