42 posts in this topic

DM ... i think in the interest of time, moving the threads like this was initially easier.

i do think that once everything is settled, that we should 'copy' over the original post that created the pinned thread. like i did with the Tax Information thread. the thread will just have to continue from today forward.

so in a sense ... yes, this is a virgin forum and we will have to use the old one for information purposes only with the links that we have. if you know how to quote someone, you can still quote old posts.

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Music___Lennon___Imagine_by_jjjean6.png

Faith: not wanting to know what is true.~Nietzsche~

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

~Winston Churchill~

text___just_be_animated_colour_by_j.gif

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

otherwise this is a virgin forum.

Yes it is. When a data base is as large as VJ's and things get corrupt (jumbled) there is nothing that can be done except to use the back up which is what was done........only it didnt work and posts where lost. They cant be brought across without bringing the jumbled data with it which in turn will corrupt this forum.

Not very technically explained but oh well hahahah but thats the guist of it

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Timeline
DM ... i think in the interest of time, moving the threads like this was initially easier.

i do think that once everything is settled, that we should 'copy' over the original post that created the pinned thread. like i did with the Tax Information thread. the thread will just have to continue from today forward.

so in a sense ... yes, this is a virgin forum and we will have to use the old one for information purposes only with the links that we have. if you know how to quote someone, you can still quote old posts.

I agree, this is a short-term fix, but I shouldn't have made it appear that quoting is the only issue. Searching is severely limited, since if performed here, it will not pull from the archive.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Moving and/or debugging a site this large with no notice is a major undertaking. I think Ewok is still working on doing other things to fix it up and eventually...who knows...may be able to get the old posts ported over (since he concentrated on getting the site up in partial form rather than spend more time debugging the old one...he'd spent some time on that already yesterday).

I think the other alternative to this piecemeal changeover was to shut the place down until he could do it all at once and I don't think any of us addicts would have liked that solution. hehe

Electricity is really just organized lightning.

well it's not that hard to search for an old post from the old forum .... and like i've said ... if you know how to quote someone with HTML code - it shouldn't be that hard

some things change and can never go back ... no use complaining about it. just pull up your boot straps and look at the positive! :thumbs:

Music___Lennon___Imagine_by_jjjean6.png

Faith: not wanting to know what is true.~Nietzsche~

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

~Winston Churchill~

text___just_be_animated_colour_by_j.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I liked being able to click on the timelines and photos under the avatar? Am I missing how to do this now?

Hmmm. I had a look too and don't see it when you click on the member name and get their profile page. You might want to put that in the 'bug' thread. Might have been missed. There's a few things like that still.

Electricity is really just organized lightning.

Yes I do

Our Timeline

01/03/2006 Sent Via express mail.

01/05/2006 Received and signend by P. Novak.

01/11/2006 Still waiting.... I check everyday.

01/12/2006 Check Cashed.....

01/13/2006 Noa received on 01/13/06 Friday the 13th Ooooohhhhh.

01/27/2006 Touched.

02/10/2006 Aproved NOA 2

02/13/2006 Noa 2 emailed ..... So happy

02/15/2006 Called NVC Received new case #

02/16/2006 Received NOA 2 Snail mail.

02/17/2006 Sent to the consulate

05/10/2006 Still waiting for interview sucks

05/19/2006 Going to see my honey !!!

i'm so foncused

Hey Junglee :thumbs: you made it

I knew that foncused feeling well.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Timeline

Now that to me everything seems to be back to normal I was sitting here thinking about why the old forum didn't have all the bells and whistles the new one does? Is this a new version of the program used to create VJ or were these things that you just hadn't got around to hooking up on the old one and hooked them up since you were starting out fresh?