I been reading the material over and still have questions. So many initials, different departments and sites.
First I am the United States Citizen (USC). My fiancee, she is from tijuana, mexico.
She just lost her mexican ID, but will pick it up on May 1, 2014. So we are limited on what we can do.
From travel.state.gov I find the following process:
FIRST STEP: Petition for i129f. Done and approved. I just got the NO2 (approved 4/11/14) got by mail 4/15/14.
SECOND STEP: "tHE nvc WILL MAIL YOU A LETTER WHEN IT SENDS YOUR FIANCEE CASE TO THE U.S. EMBASSY OR CONSULATE [MY CASE JUAREZ]. ONCE YOU RECIEVE THIS LETTER INFORM YOUR FIANCEE TO TAKE THE BELOW LISTED ACTIONS TO APPLY FOR K1 VISA AND PREPARE FOR INTERVIEW.
required docs, include but are not limited to: ds-160:
THE JUAREZ CONSULATE WEBSITE TELL ME:
FIRST: COMPLETE DS 160 AND PRINT CONFIRMATION LETTER The go to mexico.usvisa-info.com to schedule both an appointment at the ASC and Consular interview.
SECOND COMPILE DOCS:
QUESTIONS: 1) the applicant in the DS-160 is my foreign fiancee?
2)) Can I partially fill out the DS-160 from my L.A. home and drive to tijuana and have her finish it under my instructions?
3) What is CEAC? Is there a seperate fee?
4) DS 160 has a questions that asks where is applicant applying? is answer Juarez (even though she is from TJ)?
5) Where does one apply for ASC?
6) Fiancee lost ID anything she can do in the meantime to move process further?
7) I have not recieved anything since 4/15/14 no2 approval letter. Should I wait to get something by mail or what can I do to be more proactive (girlfriend can't do anyting without ID).
8) FEEs: medical =$190; MRV = $240; ASC = no fee; travel/hotel = unknown; anything else???
9) DOES ANYBODY KNOW THE SOONEST THEY ARE SETTING APPOINTMENT FOR:ASC IN JUAREZ? FOR CONSULAR INTERVIEW IN JUAREZ?
10) WHAT IS DHL? IS THAT THE DELIEVERY SERVICE?