Ikeuka

Visa denied

46 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Ikeuka said:

I am 37 soon 38

Did you Google, Are Older Women Marrying Younger Men Discriminated Against?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

23 hours ago, Vetomo said:

This totally rubbish,you been in relationship for 10years now,you don't even have any evidence,I meet my wife thru friend of mine,I proposal to her and she accept me,we do court  in 2015,she spend 2weeks with me in Nigeria before going back in 2016 we did our traditional wedding,she spend 3month with me before she went back,we have joint sponsor like land and bank account together,we chat,video,email and whatsApp together every single day and she older than me with 27 years,thank God we are together In happy married life,how could you tell us that you don't have any evidence,my brother you're not serious at all.

I did what I should, the fault was not on my side. Like I mentioned, she came to Nigeria 2010, we were together, took several pictures which we decided to store in a memory card. After our wedding, she took the memory card with her while I had no copy but unfortunately, she lost it as she arrived the airport in USA. She got the process going, until I was called for an interview 2016. Our conversation of course was on facebook and emails most often. She has not been working within the past years which brings about the poor tax paper report. Reasons why she could not get her past divorce papers too. 

I would have loved to invite her to Nigeria again but not without job presently. Just if there are better advice to see me through this, thanks all for the comments ..

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ikeuka said:

I did what I should, the fault was not on my side. Like I mentioned, she came to Nigeria 2010, we were together, took several pictures which we decided to store in a memory card. After our wedding, she took the memory card with her while I had no copy but unfortunately, she lost it as she arrived the airport in USA. She got the process going, until I was called for an interview 2016. Our conversation of course was on facebook and emails most often. She has not been working within the past years which brings about the poor tax paper report. Reasons why she could not get her past divorce papers too. 

I would have loved to invite her to Nigeria again but not without job presently. Just if there are better advice to see me through this, thanks all for the comments ..

It is very clear why your visa was denied.  I see no viable way forward that would unite you with your wife in the US or any other place.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ikeuka said:
On 1/14/2018 at 3:39 PM, jakelake said:

Lost pictures you cannot do anything about since they are gone unless you used a digital camera. If you communicate using different numbers, then you need to write a letter with your application that explains and provide the numbers. Having said that, what is the reason for different numbers?

However, the most important that your wife, a US citizen, can control is by providing the 3 years of tax information.  If your wife is no longer working and does not meet the income requirements that demonstrate that she can support you, then a sponsor will be needed.

You also mentioned that you have not seen your wife in 10 years. That could be another reason for denial. There have not been enough visits. In any event, 10 years is a very long time. Why was not the process started after the 2010 marriage?

At this point, if she is aging and cannot work, can she retire and move back to Nigeria to be with you? Hopefully, she saved enough money and can have her benefits direct-deposited while in Nigeria. 

In any event, you have to provide the supporting evidence that is required. Also, if your case was rejected in 2016, what have you and your wife been doing to rectify this problem? We are now in 2018 and you are asking a question about a rejection in 2016. Have you or your wife contacted a lawyer or at least sought the help of some organization that assists in matters like this? .

----

Your message was helpful, I mentioned the earlier message, situation here in Nigeria in regards financial instability . Please can you mention one or two of these organizations that assist in matters like this ? I can not afford to pay a lawyer 

By organization, I meant one that can assist people in filling out certain immigration paperwork. Your wife is the US and is the petitioner and therefore it is probably easier for her to research what organization can assist.

What has your been doing concerning the case? It seems that she has to take the initiative to get the ball rolling. Again, she is the petitioner.

Concerning your age, the fact that you as a man is 20 years younger than your wife, that is a big red flag. The fact that she has not taken any steps or even attempted to see you in 10 years hurts your case even more. It appears that this is a marriage done strictly to get you into the US.

However, you were denied because you did not provided the necessary paperwork. Once that is provided, I am certain that the officer will focus on the age difference and the fact that you have not seen each other in 10 years. Also, it is very hard to believe that you have no phone records. Also, the excuse that you use different numbers seems like a ridiculous reason. 

Having said that, what steps have you taken since the denial? I would think that, at the very least, you would have saved phone records. Not to have made any types of attempts or send any supporting information to NVC for almost 2 years seems very nonchalant. I don't really think that both of you really care for each other.  Both of you have not demonstrated that you love each other.

Timeline
52 minutes ago, jakelake said:

Concerning your age, the fact that you, as a man, are 20 years younger than your wife, that is a big red flag.

I was just correcting my grammar.

Edited by jakelake
grammar correction

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I agree with the others, you need to focus on how she can move to you.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
4 hours ago, jakelake said:

Both of you have not demonstrated that you love each other.

Evidence the marriage is bona fide DOES NOT mean evidence the couple loves each other.  Arranged marriages are also Bona Fide.  This couple has, by not doing the things people in bona fide relationships DO, have demonstrated their marriage is NOT bona fide or to the language of a Consular Officer, it would be a marriage entered into for immigration purposes only.

In this case there is no practical difference between perception and reality.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Bonafide marriage does not happen with a piece of paper you signed on.

8 years!!

has she traveled to see you?

if not - just forget it - you have no proof of a bonafide marriage.

if you really wan to look after her which I don't think any of us believe - let her wrap up her life in the US and move to Nigeria - there are also other countries you can get a job in such as Dubai.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You have no marriage relationship evidence to present to obtain a visa approval.  No co-mingling of finances or assets, no visits or time spent together since marriage, no real relationship evidence but some wedding pics and phone records (if that).   If you two truly want to be together you should look at other alternatives such as her moving to Nigeria or both of you moving to a third country.  

Just because your visa was in process doesn't mean she couldn't have visited you.  Eight years is a very long time to go with no physical presence.  I'm sure you can understand why you were denied 2 years ago.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
7 hours ago, Ikeuka said:

Thank you for the advice. I hope to get more comments in this regards. 

I do not know the process but hopefully somebody else on here does, I am going to assume it is easier than moving to the US.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
14 hours ago, pushbrk said:

Evidence the marriage is bona fide DOES NOT mean evidence the couple loves each other.  Arranged marriages are also Bona Fide.  This couple has, by not doing the things people in bona fide relationships DO, have demonstrated their marriage is NOT bona fide or to the language of a Consular Officer, it would be a marriage entered into for immigration purposes only.

In this case there is no practical difference between perception and reality.

You are correct since there really isn't anyway to define how love is to be demonstrated.

Timeline
33 minutes ago, jakelake said:

You are correct since there really isn't anyway to define how love is to be demonstrated.

That's now why I'm correct, but yes, there is no ONE way to define how love is to be demonstrated.  Bona fide does not mean love though.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~~~Duplicate threads merged; do not start multiple threads on the same issue.~~~

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.