lostspy

visa b2 cancelled

41 posts in this topic

We are trying to piece things together with the little info you give us, we can't guess/know it all. That's why it might seem suspicious to some, but no reason to get mad. 

When they canceled your VISA, was it with prejudice or without prejudice? When you signed/came back, did they ever tell you that you couldn't come back in a while? Prejucide implies a ban, which prevents you from entering the country for given time, and there a waivers to lift it. Although from what you wrote, it seems that you were somewhat coerced into saying you did something illegal and you were afraid. It's a common tactic, but just for the record, they don't have the power to send you to jail just because they suspected you worked on a tourist VISA. 

What do you mean expediting removal? Do you mean you're still inside the US even though they canceled your VISA, you never went back? Are you doing AOS then? I'm a bit confused sorry.  Tell us more so we can try to help you. But also, just know that no lawyer can guarantee your B2 back,  that's something that they determine at your interview and based on your merit, but you're also in an immigration process, so the chances of getting a new VISA are slim to none.

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

VISA tm is a Credit Card, I think he is concerned about his US Visa.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
38 minutes ago, maryLu said:

File the I 130 it will most likely get approved, and you will have to go through consular processing. While the I 130 is pending do a FOIA as well and see what your have on your file. Working without authorization is not an ineligibility for immigrant visa, however you might have misrepresentation  going on , and that is an ineligibility for an IV, but there is a waiver available for it.  The only way to find out if you will have misrepresentation  is  to go to your interview for the immigrant visa. It will take a while, but I think you have a chance. 

thank you very much, that was very useful

24 minutes ago, Dianalorena said:

What do you mean expediting removal

https://www.americanimmigrationcouncil.org/research/primer-expedited-removal

This can happen at the border itself.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Just now, geowrian said:

thanks for the info, I didn't know it was possible on the border! 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

03/15/18 Case complete! 

200w.gif

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Dianalorena said:

We are trying to piece things together with the little info you give us, we can't guess/know it all. That's why it might seem suspicious to some, but no reason to get mad. 

When they canceled your VISA, was it with prejudice or without prejudice? When you signed/came back, did they ever tell you that you couldn't come back in a while? Prejucide implies a ban, which prevents you from entering the country for given time, and there a waivers to lift it. Although from what you wrote, it seems that you were somewhat coerced into saying you did something illegal and you were afraid. It's a common tactic, but just for the record, they don't have the power to send you to jail just because they suspected you worked on a tourist VISA. 

What do you mean expediting removal? Do you mean you're still inside the US even though they canceled your VISA, you never went back? Are you doing AOS then? I'm a bit confused sorry.  Tell us more so we can try to help you. But also, just know that no lawyer can guarantee your B2 back,  that's something that they determine at your interview and based on your merit, but you're also in an immigration process, so the chances of getting a new VISA are slim to none.

they canceled my visa and told me that I had a travel ban for five years, they sent me back to my country and immediately I contacted a lawyer in the United States and he told me that we could do something about it to have my visa back 

Just now, lostspy said:

they canceled my visa and told me that I had a travel ban for five years, they sent me back to my country and immediately I contacted a lawyer in the United States and he told me that we could do something about it to have my visa back 

You can continue with the I-130 and it will most likely be approved, but I'm almost certain that if you do have a ban, you will require a waiver to lift it. I-160. 

Unfortunately, since your VISA was canceled no lawyer can bring it back, that I know of anyway. Unless he/she somewhat had connections in immigration? 

there is the 1-212 or permission to reapply for admission after deportation or removal, but since you're with the I-130 I don't think it applies to you.

I'm guessing your lawyer is saying that he can help you get it back since you paid him a hefty fee, but please understand the limitations lawyers have. 

Check what sort of waivers/documents you need in case you need them. Good luck with the process 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

03/15/18 Case complete! 

200w.gif

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Dianalorena said:

thanks for the info, I didn't know it was possible on the border! 

my lawyer made FOIA request, he already received the files and he told me that my case was an expedited removal, he can try to get my us visa back

1 minute ago, lostspy said:

my lawyer made FOIA request, he already received the files and he told me that my case was an expedited removal, he can try to get my us visa back

ok, well, good luck to you :) 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

03/15/18 Case complete! 

200w.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
8 minutes ago, lostspy said:

He lied to you.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
16 hours ago, lostspy said:

I DID NOT WRITE IN THIS BLOG TO BEING JUDGED, MY HISTORY IS 100% TRUE, IF I HAD KNOWN THAT HE DID NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO SEND ME TO PRISON I HAD NOT COMMITTED THE ERROR THAT I COMMITED AND WAS AWAY FROM MY FAMILY IN THESE MOMENTS, I  WROTE IN THIS BLOG TO SEEK AN ANSWER, IF I TRIED TO RECOVER MY VISA OR IF I WAITED
 THE APPROVAL OF I-130

To be honest it doesn't matter what history is 100% true, what is 100% fact is that you confessed to committing a violation of your visa conditions.

Your lawyer is BSing you if they're saying they can get you your tourist visa back. Lawyers enjoy lying when it makes them richer.

I struggle to understand how someone can believe they can be jailed for 6 months for doing nothing wrong and can only get out of it by admitting to a violation. Maybe if there was confusion due to a language barrier

August 2000: We start e-mailing. I'm in Bosnia, she's in Florida

October 29th 2000: She sends me e-mail asking if I would marry her

October 29th 2000(5 seconds later): I say yes

November 2000: She sends me tickets to Orlando for when I get back

December 6th 2000: Return from Bos

December 11th 2000: Fly to Orlando, she meets me at airport

December 22nd 2000: I fly back to UK

January 3rd 2001: She flies to UK (Good times)

Mid February 2001: Pregnancy test Positive

Mid February 2001: She flies back to US

March 2001: Miscarriage, I fly to US on first flight I can get

May 2001: I leave US before my 90 days are up

June 2001: I fly back to US, stopped at airport for questioning as I had only just left

September 2001: Pregnancy test Positive again

September 2001: She falls sick, I make decision to stay to look after her as I am afraid I may have problems getting back in.

April 16th 2002: Our son is born, we start getting stuff together for his passport

March 6th 2003: We leave US for UK as family

Early April 2003: Family troubles make her return to US, I ask Embassy in London about possibilities of returning to US

April 16th 2003: London Embassy informs me that I will be banned from the Visa Waiver Program for 10 years, my little boys first birthday

June 13th 2006: I-129f sent

August 11th 2006: NOA1 Recieved

After our relationship breaks down she admits to me that she had never bothered to start the application process

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.