Teddy B

Rush Limbaugh Claims Hurricane Irma Is Part Of A Vast Conspiracy

53 posts in this topic

Not sure if this means Rush is either on or off his meds, but he's as looney as ever!

Rush Limbaugh Claims Hurricane Irma Is Part Of A Vast Conspiracy

Right-wing radio host Rush Limbaugh is once again playing the role of hurricane truther, but with a twist.

Last year, Limbaugh said the storms were somehow part of a liberal conspiracy to push a climate change agenda. This year, he has said they’re also part of a media plot to help advertisers sell bottled water and emergency supplies. 

As Hurricane Irma neared the Caribbean with winds of up to 185 mph, Limbaugh said:

“Here comes a hurricane, local media goes on the air, ‘Big hurricane coming, oh, my God! Make sure you got batteries. Make sure you got water. It could be the worst ever. Have you seen the size of this baby? It’s already a Cat 5. Oh, my God, oh, my God, it’s bigger than the island of Haiti. Oh, my God.’ People run to the stores, they stock up everything, and they hoard. And they end up with vacant stores, nothing there. And it’s a big success. TV stations got eyeballs, the advertising businesses have sold out of business, gotta restock and the cycle repeats.”

In a transcript of his Tuesday radio show, Limbaugh repeatedly complained about the stores in Palm Beach ― where he lives and broadcasts from ― being out of water despite the uncertainty of the storm’s path. 

Limbaugh also claimed the storm was being used to push an environmental agenda. He said, “People in all of these government areas” are “hell-bent” on proving climate change.

“You can accomplish a lot just by creating fear and panic,” he said. “You don’t need a hurricane to hit anywhere. All you need is to create the fear and panic accompanied by talk that climate change is causing hurricanes to become more frequent and bigger and more dangerous, and you create the panic, and it’s mission accomplished, agenda advanced.”

Even Hurricane Harvey, which devastated portions of the Gulf Coast of Texas, was part of this conspiracy. 

“Hurricane Harvey and the TV pictures that accompany that go a long way to helping further and create the panic,” Limbaugh said. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/rush-limbaugh-hurricane-irma_us_59af580ee4b0dfaafcf39424?ncid=APPLENEWS00001

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

So what did he say that was actually wrong?  We have had threads here about trying to tie Global Warming to hurricanes, so that is right.  Certainly as soon as the media starts touting the storms path the stores get mobbed, right on number 2.  We also see these natural disasters being used for political gains no matter how bad that looks, remember all the money for Alaska fisheries tied to funding for Sandy, right on that one as well.  I didn't read or hear  him actually label it a conspiracy, but I guess that is artistic license by the writer of the MDL HuffPo piece

:bonk:

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

He is certainly correct about the global warming fear mongering every time there is a storm. As far as the severity of the hurricane being hyped everything I have seen suggests it's going to be a bad one.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

19 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

So what did he say that was actually wrong?  We have had threads here about trying to tie Global Warming to hurricanes, so that is right.  Certainly as soon as the media starts touting the storms path the stores get mobbed, right on number 2.  We also see these natural disasters being used for political gains no matter how bad that looks, remember all the money for Alaska fisheries tied to funding for Sandy, right on that one as well.  I didn't read or hear  him actually label it a conspiracy, but I guess that is artistic license by the writer of the MDL HuffPo piece

:bonk:

What did he say wrong? Well for starters he provides no proof that there is in fact any conspiracy to be had. He just lumps stuff together and calls it one. There is no basis for his accusations.

He didn't label it a conspiracy? The whole article is about Limbaugh claiming the hurricanes are part of a conspiracy. Too funny. :lol:

Edited by Teddy B

7 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

He is certainly correct about the global warming fear mongering every time there is a storm. As far as the severity of the hurricane being hyped everything I have seen suggests it's going to be a bad one.

Yeah cause Harvey was way overhyped and all that fear mongering, right? :lol:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Teddy B said:

What did he say wrong? Well for starters he provides no proof that there is in fact any conspiracy to be had. He just lumps stuff together and calls it one. There is no basis for his accusations.

He didn't label it a conspiracy? The whole article is about Limbaugh claiming the hurricanes are part of a conspiracy. Too funny. :lol:

"I don't care , this rainstorm is just a conspiracy to scare folk like me.category 5, schmategory 5. I am just going to ride this one out...Rush is our friend and tells us what we want to hear, the Truth"

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

Rush Limbaugh: "Isn't America great!?!  We both know that I'm full of bs, but I'm the one who's laughing all the way to the bank!"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Teddy B said:

So where in this story did Limbaugh actually call it a conspiracy?  I see the HuffPo headline writers labeled it as such for baiting purposes which seemed to have worked.  By the way, the headline could have easily said that Limbaugh was identifying a large business opportunity for grocers, and gas stations. 

I realize that those on the MDL hate Limbaugh and whatever he says will be vilified, but he really didn't say anything that was wrong.  I also heard him say why run out and buy water, why not just fill a bunch of jugs from the tap and fill sinks and tubs?  Is there anything wrong with that as a storm approaches?

1 minute ago, Tahoma said:

Rush Limbaugh: "Isn't America great!?!  We both know that I'm full of bs, but I'm the one who's laughing all the way to the bank!"

He is a successful entertainer isn't he.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Teddy B said:

Yeah cause Harvey was way overhyped and all that fear mongering, right? :lol:

Sure you have this theory that so calledHurricanes exist? Hurricanes are just the part if the delusional global cult.  All of those so called scientific studies? Those were commissioned by the big money disaster industry trying to sell plywood and bottled water.

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

13 minutes ago, Il Mango Dulce said:

Sure you have this theory that so calledHurricanes exist? Hurricanes are just the part if the delusional global cult.  All of those so called scientific studies? Those were commissioned by the big money disaster industry trying to sell plywood and bottled water.

But, but what did he say that was incorrect???

I wonder what the people in the Caribbean that just got demolished by Irma would say to this paragraph of over hyped fear mongering? :rolleyes:

“Here comes a hurricane, local media goes on the air, ‘Big hurricane coming, oh, my God! Make sure you got batteries. Make sure you got water. It could be the worst ever. Have you seen the size of this baby? It’s already a Cat 5. Oh, my God, oh, my God, it’s bigger than the island of Haiti. Oh, my God.’ People run to the stores, they stock up everything, and they hoard. And they end up with vacant stores, nothing there. And it’s a big success. TV stations got eyeballs, the advertising businesses have sold out of business, gotta restock and the cycle repeats.”

Edited by Teddy B

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Teddy B said:

But, but what did he say that was incorrect???

I wonder what the people in the Caribbean that just got hit by Irma would say to this paragraph of over hyped fear mongering? :rolleyes:

If the cruise ship operators were not so delusional they would bring their boats right into Miami.

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I actually had the radio on yesterday and it was tuned to the local station that Broadcasts Rush, have not heard him for a very very long time.

But I did hear this bit and he was just stating the obvious, extreme weather is nothing new and certainly the Climate Change industry seems to be making it thus.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

11 minutes ago, Tahoma said:

Sean Hannity: "You're right, Rush!  There's good money in pandering to low-information voters."

3 minutes ago, Il Mango Dulce said:

If the cruise ship operators were not so delusional they would bring their boats right into Miami.

We need floating cities when these fake storms come to town.

3 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I actually had the radio on yesterday and it was tuned to the local station that Broadcasts Rush, have not heard him for a very very long time.

But I did hear this bit and he was just stating the obvious, extreme weather is nothing new and certainly the Climate Change industry seems to be making it thus.

Yeah, nothing new with these last two storms Harvey and Irma, One results in worst flooding in history and the other is most powerful Atlantic storm in history, but hey look at those empty grocery store shelves! Those kooky Liberals are at it again.