bhindzioncurtain

Finger prints for citizen and petitioner?

17 posts in this topic

In previewing the form I noticed that in Part 7 for Petitioner it has "acknowledgement of appointment" for fingerprints, photos, etc. The part that confuses is that the same thing is in Part 8 for Spouse, top of page 8. Does this mean that I get to be fingerprinted also?

John

There are rare occurrences when the petitioner needs to be fingerprinted. Those usually involve AWA-related convictions on the petitioner's part, concerning certain sexual offences against minors.

1 hour ago, geowrian said:

It is technically possible, but it's not the norm (by far) and not something to expect.

So how does everyone handle the part where it says:

I "blank" understand that the purpose of a USCIS ASC appointment is for me to provide my fingerprints, photographs and/or ..... etc.

this is word for word what is in the Petitioner section right before the place to sign and date.

Surely I am not the only one to notice this and I guess I should just put my name in the blank since I don't want to jeopardize the process.

Because it's usually waived for 99.99% of petitioners. USCIS reserve the right to have the petitioner fingerprinted, however.

The only times I've seen this actually performed were AWA-related cases, as I mentioned. 

Edited by Hypnos

5 hours ago, Hypnos said:

Because it's usually waived for 99.99% of petitioners. USCIS reserve the right to have the petitioner fingerprinted, however.

The only times I've seen this actually performed were AWA-related cases, as I mentioned. 

Out of curiousity what does AWA stand for?

34 minutes ago, Luckycuds said:

Out of curiousity what does AWA stand for?

Adam Walsh Act (covers sexual crimes against a minor).

10 hours ago, bhindzioncurtain said:

So how does everyone handle the part where it says:

I "blank" understand that the purpose of a USCIS ASC appointment is for me to provide my fingerprints, photographs and/or ..... etc.

this is word for word what is in the Petitioner section right before the place to sign and date.

Surely I am not the only one to notice this and I guess I should just put my name in the blank since I don't want to jeopardize the process.

You would put your name in just like the other section.

1 hour ago, Hypnos said:

If it's a joint petition (i.e. you aren't filing requesting a waiver) then the petitioners would actually be both of them.

In a weird government logic that makes sense. Plus the NOLO page on filling out the I-751 says in Part 8 of the document  to put my name in the box in the section containing the "Acknowledgement of Appointment at USCIS Application Support Center".

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.