oliver-chris

Visitors visa for a teenage niece ( no hidden agenda)

18 posts in this topic Register to Ask a Question

Posted (edited)

Hello,

I plan to have my niece visit me. We don't have plans of making her illegal , she needs to go back to the Philippines to go to school and live her life.

I  just want her to visit me for a month or so next year. She is 15  but her parents have does not have any financial stability to show the embassy. But I can afford all the travel expenses. I am the one sending her to school, giving her allowance for "baon", school projects etc.Do you think she will have a chance to visit me?  I just want her to see the other side of the world and definitely send her back home. Do you think the embassy can give her a visa or not because of her parents' financial status. She is the only one coming if ever.

Edited by oliver-chris

Posted (edited)

That you are the one sending her to school in her country, paying for her expenses, etc probably won't help her case to get the tourist visa. Since her parents can not even afford having her daughter there. The Consular officer might think you want to bring her to US to give her a better life. The only way to find out is applying for her visa. All what you can lose is the visa fee. Good luck! Hope she can visit you. Its a great age to get to see the world.

Edited by Sunnyland

1 minute ago, missileman said:

I concur with the posts above.  School commitments, etc. to convince the officer that she will return will be extremely important.

She is so active in school, one of the best student, member of school council since 7th grade. If this goes through I want to give her a vacation trip to the US :) 

11 minutes ago, Sunnyland said:

That you are the one sending her to school in her country, paying for her expenses, etc probably won't help her case to get the tourist visa. Since her parents can not even afford having her daughter there. The Consular officer might think you want to bring her to US to give her a better life. The only way to find out is applying for her visa. All what you can lose is the visa fee. Good luck! Hope she can visit you. Its a great age to get to see the world.

thank you. I will keep that in mind . 

21 minutes ago, az2014 said:

Sounds unlikely but only the fee to lose.

Let us know the result.

yup I can see that :( it's because most people have hidden agenda and stay illegally so it becomes hard for people who just really want to travel and see the other side

Really common for families to send their kids to live with aunts/uncles/grandparents in the U.S. and attend high school. Makes it difficult to give a visa to a teenager with parents that would not qualify for tourist visas. 

the point that you mentioned you have no hidden agenda makes me suspicious.

I can see the immigration officer thinking. she gets visa to come visit her aunt all of a sudden falls in love with the us wants to stay. since aunt is paying for school over there it is no different to pay for living expenses here and get free public schooling  she them attends high school and falls in love with an American who get married shortly after they turn 18 ad then she gets legal status who then 3 years later applies for citizenship and petitions for her parents to come over.

1 hour ago, f f said:

the point that you mentioned you have no hidden agenda makes me suspicious.

I can see the immigration officer thinking. she gets visa to come visit her aunt all of a sudden falls in love with the us wants to stay. since aunt is paying for school over there it is no different to pay for living expenses here and get free public schooling  she them attends high school and falls in love with an American who get married shortly after they turn 18 ad then she gets legal status who then 3 years later applies for citizenship and petitions for her parents to come over.

This sounds more like a telenovela

Back to Top ↑

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Try asking our VJ Immigration Lawyers.