2,746 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone ! 

My wife & i also filed recently i-130 with our attorney's advice 

Our dates are : USCIS received our application August 28th 2017

I have a question if someone else had a similar situation :

So basically i over stayed my visa which was F-1. SO long story short, back in 2014 I applied for U-visa which is for victims of different crimes in US.

(usually for those who were victims of abuse, human trafficking etc.) But till now i didn't get any news from Vermont Service Center where my application was sent. So meanwhile i was put in removal processing back in 2015 and since then my lawyers send for motion to continue my stay here in US until we get news about my U - visa. So last year i met my wife and dated for almost a year and we got married this July. We wanted to send i 485 but attorney said we should first get approved for i-130 then we can apply for i-485. 

My question is that do they ask for an interview ? and what if my U visa gets approved before we can get i-130 ? can we just apply for adjustment of status right away ?

Thanks everyone and Good Luck to Everyone here !!!!!

Hello everyone!

I am a newbie. My sis went through the K1 process and I am yet to receive NOA 1 after over 2 months of filing via an Immigration Lawyer. Believe the secretary and/or lawyer has duped us. Forgive the length of my story.

PD-9th August, 2017 

Lawyer - Dated our PD - 15th, August, 2017

I94-02/07/2018

USCIS - Should be Vermont Service Center

NOA1-Never received to date. Its now over 2 months (Highly unusual)

Bankers check: Outstanding

Good day, my husband (US Petitioner) and I submitted our I130/I485/ Work Authorization/SonsI130 (via consular) and several other forms for myself and my oldest son (11yrs old, from previous unmarried relationship) from the Caribbean on August, 9th, 2017 via an immigration lawyer in NY. We never lived together. We dated for 7 years long distance traveling to see one another via Caribbean islands as I had no travel visa and got married in Trinidad 3rd August, 2016. We had a son together in Trinidad 26th September, 2016.  I am in US on a B1/B2 visa (3rd travel in for 2017) with baby who got US Passport and CRBA since January 2017. My eldest son unfortunately has no visa so he is in the Caribbean.

Upon filling out forms and filing taxes inclusive of our youngest son and I (with us of ITIN #), we gave them (The Immigration Lawyer) two bankers cheques for the Homeland Security same day we completed the forms which the lawyer did not date that day but my husband signed. During the end of month of August, 2017 I notice that no NOA 1 was forthcoming. So I called the lawyers office to inquire and was told by the secretary it takes a while as the new administration has made changes which contradicts the processing times outlined. I also kept telling my husband I am concerned about the handling thus far as from research her responses do not align with the experiences of others.

I have become annoyed with the process since I kept getting on to the secretary who kept saying yes its filed but would not email the copies of the filed papers. On insisting to go into the office directly to them she forwarded 2 form on 27th September, 2017- My husband G325 form and only my I130 form. She (secretary) also said that she meant to call me because the USCIS called their office and requested my I94 and Visa which was already submitted. I was shocked she said she was called and not emailed an outline of missing documents On it I have discovered there is info that is incorrect such as that my husband lived at my home in Trinidad for a period 2015 to 2016. He has never resided with me. This years is the longest periods we have ever spent together which I am thankful for. My husband works at 2 hospitals and she has only one correct and the other as an old one. He only started the main one this year so the taxes filed inclusive of this is next year. 

We called the bank today to inquire if the bankers check was cashed and they stated both were "outstanding". That has to mean its not cashed which means it was never submitted. There is no way that an NOA of receipt would take so long and that the secretary is dishonest. Since if she was contacted it means it was received and should have been waiting on our NOA 2 at the moment. Am I getting it wrong? Its all not adding up.

I called the lawyer immediately and asked to speak to him directly about an emergency meeting tomorrow. I am not discussing anything with his secretary who is responsible for the paper work prep and mailing. 

Please help me clarify if I missed anything.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Annvee said:

Mine was received on august 15th and I still haven't been able to check the status because it says my LIN number is invalid. My case is the Nebraska service center and I hear it's the slowest..😢😢😢😢😩😩

We all are on the same page, They says to wait until we enter your data into our database, and USCIS officer literally told me "" Keep Trying "" lol

IR-1 - Nebraska Service Center - Embassy - Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

• 08/08/2017 - Sent I-130 Application
  • 08/11/2017 - I-130 Accepted
  • 08/11/2017 -  NOA-1 via Email
  • 02/28/2018 - I-130 Approved
  • 03/06/2018 - Case Sent to NVC
  • 03/14/2018 - Package Received By NVC
  • 04/21/2018 - Case Assigned & Invoice ID
  • 04/24/2018 - Filed DS 261
  • 04/26/2018 - Welcome Letter Received
  • 04/30/2018 - AOS fee status - PAID
  • 05/01/2018 - IV fee status - PAID
  • 05/02/2018 - Completed DS-260
  • 05/07/2018 - Documents Mailed to NVC
  • 05/10/2018 - NVC Received Documents ( SD )
  • 05/15/2018 - Case Completed - ( CC )
  • 06/01/2018 - Interview Schedule For 07/08/2018
  • 07/08/2018 - VISA APPROVED

___________________________________________________________________________________

On 10/12/2017 at 1:10 AM, cherpd2002 said:

Hello everyone!

I am a newbie. My sis went through the K1 process and I am yet to receive NOA 1 after over 2 months of filing via an Immigration Lawyer. Believe the secretary and/or lawyer has duped us. Forgive the length of my story.

PD-9th August, 2017 

Lawyer - Dated our PD - 15th, August, 2017

I94-02/07/2018

USCIS - Should be Vermont Service Center

NOA1-Never received to date. Its now over 2 months (Highly unusual)

Bankers check: Outstanding

Good day, my husband (US Petitioner) and I submitted our I130/I485/ Work Authorization/SonsI130 (via consular) and several other forms for myself and my oldest son (11yrs old, from previous unmarried relationship) from the Caribbean on August, 9th, 2017 via an immigration lawyer in NY. We never lived together. We dated for 7 years long distance traveling to see one another via Caribbean islands as I had no travel visa and got married in Trinidad 3rd August, 2016. We had a son together in Trinidad 26th September, 2016.  I am in US on a B1/B2 visa (3rd travel in for 2017) with baby who got US Passport and CRBA since January 2017. My eldest son unfortunately has no visa so he is in the Caribbean.

Upon filling out forms and filing taxes inclusive of our youngest son and I (with us of ITIN #), we gave them (The Immigration Lawyer) two bankers cheques for the Homeland Security same day we completed the forms which the lawyer did not date that day but my husband signed. During the end of month of August, 2017 I notice that no NOA 1 was forthcoming. So I called the lawyers office to inquire and was told by the secretary it takes a while as the new administration has made changes which contradicts the processing times outlined. I also kept telling my husband I am concerned about the handling thus far as from research her responses do not align with the experiences of others.

I have become annoyed with the process since I kept getting on to the secretary who kept saying yes its filed but would not email the copies of the filed papers. On insisting to go into the office directly to them she forwarded 2 form on 27th September, 2017- My husband G325 form and only my I130 form. She (secretary) also said that she meant to call me because the USCIS called their office and requested my I94 and Visa which was already submitted. I was shocked she said she was called and not emailed an outline of missing documents On it I have discovered there is info that is incorrect such as that my husband lived at my home in Trinidad for a period 2015 to 2016. He has never resided with me. This years is the longest periods we have ever spent together which I am thankful for. My husband works at 2 hospitals and she has only one correct and the other as an old one. He only started the main one this year so the taxes filed inclusive of this is next year. 

We called the bank today to inquire if the bankers check was cashed and they stated both were "outstanding". That has to mean its not cashed which means it was never submitted. There is no way that an NOA of receipt would take so long and that the secretary is dishonest. Since if she was contacted it means it was received and should have been waiting on our NOA 2 at the moment. Am I getting it wrong? Its all not adding up.

I called the lawyer immediately and asked to speak to him directly about an emergency meeting tomorrow. I am not discussing anything with his secretary who is responsible for the paper work prep and mailing. 

Please help me clarify if I missed anything.

Hello, You have to ask them email or copy of case acceptance which they get as they file the petition.

___________________________________________________________________________________

1 hour ago, MR-SAUDI said:

We all are on the same page, They says to wait until we enter your data into our database, and USCIS officer literally told me "" Keep Trying "" lol

Same here. I believe they just didn’t enter the data in the Database for a batch of August filers with LIN receipt. My attorney told me that they have seen the receipt number never working because once they do not put it at first, then it’s rare to see it updated. So most likely most us won’t see anything until NOA2 by mail to the petitioner address. Expected May 2018. 

21 hours ago, Caterpillar8 said:

Same here. I believe they just didn’t enter the data in the Database for a batch of August filers with LIN receipt. My attorney told me that they have seen the receipt number never working because once they do not put it at first, then it’s rare to see it updated. So most likely most us won’t see anything until NOA2 by mail to the petitioner address. Expected May 2018. 

Did you get I-797 notice by mail?

Just now, Caterpillar8 said:

Yes at the petitioner address in the US although we both living abroad together.

Our situation is quite similar to you, but we filed from Saudi Arabia, no attorney, and we just got an email, no mail :P

Just now, MR-SAUDI said:

Our situation is quite similar to you, but we filed from Saudi Arabia, no attorney, and we just got an email, no mail :P

So you did DCF? We had the chance to do but didn't do it because it takes not much time and we still have things to finish abroad.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
18 hours ago, Jundi93 said:

Hi,

my PD is August 28th , IR1/CR1 , Potomac Service Center.

can it be approved by the end of this year ? 

I don't think so its more like January-feb

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.