JBMG

NVC - June 2017 Scan Dates - Method 4: Mail processing

690 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

We have mailed off our package! It should arrive by tomorrow around noon. How long does it generally take to get the scan date after it arrives at NVC?

Is this the part that they do not notify you about?

8 minutes ago, goobies said:

We have mailed off our package! It should arrive by tomorrow around noon. How long does it generally take to get the scan date after it arrives at NVC?

Is this the part that they do not notify you about?

Correct, they won't notify you when they receive it. Give it a couple of days and call NVC, ask them when they received your documents and they'll be happy to tell you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline

Checking

1st scan date march 28

Checklist June 5 find out by calling, received email on June 7, NVC can not accept beneficiary birth certificate, we check reciprocity page and all the items in that page are in the certificate we sent. Lawyer sent same bc and letter saying this is the only certificate we can get

2nd scan date June 9

I called yesterday ask to speak with a supervisor no luck representative told me to wait Up to 11 weeks I completely agree that for those with a checklist review process should be faster, one of the worst experience is to find out you have a checklist...

Edited by Ninahuanca

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hello, started a new forum all about checklists. If you're sending your documents to the NVC, please check out this form first. 

Timeline

Hello, 

Just wanted to remind anyone that is about to submit their file to the NVC to review the following forum. 

Here is a copy/paste of all the cases who received checklists from Feb/March/April.. 

W-2 for 2016 bring to interview
1st checklist 12/07/17 . correct info in AOS : in the application in sponsor's household size i filled the box #3 instead of #1.
2nd checklist 02/11/17 only sent corrected pages. Didn't know that i had to send all 12 pages again . my latest scan date was 02/15/17
2016 tax transcript, affidavits incorrect box check in part 1
2016 W2 forms
Affidavit of Support form and supporting financial documents
AOS (I-864) Missing/incorrect information.
Asked for proof of canadian residence (PR card) which was already submitted with I-130 and mailed document to NVC on June 12th. Also assessment for W2 form which I can take in Interview.
Birth certificate
Bring the evidents of assets to the interview appointment.
Checklist for a death certificate
Computer generated birth certificate
Correction on I-864
Court record
Court Records
Criminal records, police records, i864, tax returns, w2's, birth certificates, passport copies, photos, notorized employment verification, domicile verification, marriage certificate.
financial documents
Financial documents (standard as we are using assets). Also said we had incorrect birth certificate. When I called to clarify, turned out it was incorrect police certificate.
I have 2 scan dates because I found out I sent the wrong birth cert , So I mailed out a new one and got a new scan date
I need to take Mexican police certificate and revise Part 5 (Sponsor's Household Size) Section 8 on AOS
I-864 revision. Must bring to Interview
I-864, some places left blank.
Incorrect BC and police report
Incorrect birth certificate. Needs to be one with parents names
Incorrect household size on i-864
Incorrect Marriage Certificate
long form birth certif
Marriage Certificate and Police Certificate
Mexico Police Certificate
Missing Birth Certificate
missing i-i-864a (household member)
Missing police record
Missing ppc
NVC could not accept our police certificate-apparently they lost 2 pages of it
NZ Police Certificate. Cannot be requested by me directly, has to be requested through the embassy.
obsolete AOS form
Original w-2 for 2016
part 4 we forgot to tick a box
PCC and W2 form
Photocopy of original birth certificate
Police Certificate
Police certificate from Germany
Police report , w2 from my sponsor
Request to bring new police certificates to the interview. The ones we submitted expired during the process, due to NVC's long processing time.
Requested missing Nigeria police clearance
Requested tax info for 2016 for one joint sponsor since they filled out the I-864 prior to 2016 taxes being filed
They asked for a copy of my husbands Canadian green card. OR landing paper.
They said it was an incorrect birth certificate.
They say we are missing Birth Cert and Police Cert but we sent them.
W2
W2 forms
Wrong birth certificate

====

Have you had a chance to look at our spreadsheet? Open to all NVC scan dates in 2017 (mail, email, CEAC upload)

NVC Case Status Spread Sheet -  2017 (save this link in your browser) 

Please visit the following, this will update the spreadsheet with your info. 

NVC Case Status Questionnaire -  2017

VERY IMPORTANT: please keep your confirmation email to edit your status as your case moves along.. Yes, You CAN bookmark the questionnaire link but only after opening it up via email. I have no access to resend your original questionnaire to you. Here are instructions on how to edit/save the questionnaire

Thank you, JBMG

Timeline

Hello June Scan dates.

If you're not already on our NVC Case Status Spread Sheet -  2017 (save this link in your browser) 

Please visit the following, this will update the spreadsheet with your info. 

VERY IMPORTANT: please keep your confirmation email to edit your status as your case moves along.. Yes, You CAN bookmark the questionnaire link but only after opening it up via email. I have no access to resend your original questionnaire to you. Here are instructions on how to edit/save the questionnaire

ATTENTION!! PLEASE review column Y, "checklist requested" to make sure you didn't make the same mistake(s).. If you notice that you may have sent in the incorrect document, would advise you to send your correction ASAP!!! This happened with @ynes, the NVC got the new police report before reviewing her documents, ynes didn't have to wait another 11 weeks from their second scan date which was 5/15/2017.

Thank you, JBMG

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Received checklist 24 April 2017 - incorrect birth certificate.  I am at 8 weeks now since sending another birth certificate.  I will confirm when I receive next correspondence.  HOPEFULLY NOT 11 WEEKS!

Timeline
59 minutes ago, ShelRSA said:

Received checklist 24 April 2017 - incorrect birth certificate.  I am at 8 weeks now since sending another birth certificate.  I will confirm when I receive next correspondence.  HOPEFULLY NOT 11 WEEKS!

Hi, that really sucks.. you're not alone, have had MANY cases with the same problem.. 

Please visit our NVC Case Status Spread Sheet -  2017 (save this link in your browser) . Lots of great info collected in the spreadsheet. Our VJ community from March, April, May, and June Scan dates have been fantastic in keeping it up to date. I've learned so much, especially about those unfortunate checklists!! Hopefully, those that are preparing their NVC file look over that section. And not have to suffer an additional delay of 9-11+ weeks.. 

Please visit the following, this will update the spreadsheet with your info. This will help others so they don't have to endure a checklist.. 

VERY IMPORTANT: please keep your confirmation email from "google forms" to edit your status as your case moves along.. Yes, You CAN bookmark the questionnaire link but only after opening it up via email. I have no access to resend your original questionnaire to you. Here are instructions on how to edit/save the questionnaire

Thank you, JBMG

Timeline

Hello June filers.. 

Just a little reminder.. Review the following.. Before or even after you sent in your docs.. If you find that you have to send a different version of a doc, best to send that in ASAP.. don't wait for a checklist.. 

Checking in here as well! We shipped our documents out priority yesterday and the tracking says they should arrive today! I'm going to call on Friday to see if they received them and they give me a scan date! I'm so happy to have arrived at this part of the process! Just a bit more to go! 

USCIS
09/23/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/16/2017: Case transferred to Texas Service Center

05/6/2017: NOA2, did not receive electronic notification

05/12/2017: Received NOA2 via snail mail 

05/18/2017: Notification received on App that case was sent to NVC
NVC
05/23/2017: Case received at NVC

06/01/2017: Received case and invoice number via phone

06/06/2017: Received e-mail with case and invoice number, fees paid

06/20/2017: DS-260 submitted and AOS/IV package sent 

06/22/2017: Scan Date

08/23/2017: Case in Review Department

08/25/2017: Case Complete 

10/19/2017: Interview (Approved!!)

10/24/2017: POE - Houston, Texas  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.