dkallung

Petitioner moving during K1 NVC stage

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone I am still very new to this site so please forgive me if this has already been answered, but I have already searched the website.

My question is about changing address during or just before the NVC has received our petition. I received my NOA2 17 days ago but have not received my NVC case number yet. I was planning on moving in two weeks for a better job offer (again). Is there any point during the K-1 process that changing address will cause a delay? I was told there would be at some point by a service I am using, but I'm not sure if that's right. That is my main question, anyone who is willing to read more detail about my situation read on, but it is a bit complicated.

This would be my second job change and move during the K1 process, and I would be taking my old job back with an increase in pay. I filed the petition on October 31st 2016, moved December 17th 2016, got my NOA2 February 10th 2017, and am now waiting for my NVC case number.

I was also thinking of keeping my current address after moving and having my Dad forward me the paperwork and/or info, so I am also wondering how much relevant paperwork I will be receiving after I get my NVC case number. When I look at the timeline on VisaJourney it doesn't look like much, plus I will be following the instructions of the service I am using for everything I will be sending to the NVC (don't worry they have done an excellent job so far, filipinafianceevisa.com). The other concern I have is if I keep my current address but actually move, I may have to show up with/send in paystubs with an address that does not match what they have on file, and even if my boss can put another address on them, I may have to submit old paystubs from when I worked there before that do show a Colorado address.

My other concern is how they will view two job changes in five months. I do not have a hard time holding a job, here in California was just an opportunity that did not pan out as well as I had hoped. I am also a Marine Corps vet and could always go back in if need be. Anyway, anyone who takes time to read this or answer thank you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

As to the address change, you should be fine. Even just have USPS forward your mail, they will for up to a year; but minus the NVC case letter you won't receive anything else really until AOS time.

The job changes, and showing consistent pay and income might be only real issue with the I-134; but the Philippines is generally very easy to go through honestly. A lot of the time it is said they do not even look at the I-134 or any documentation in sense of financial support. They never asked to see mine and heard many others with same thing(but each case is unique so always always be prepared and have all documents needed).

I think long as the W2's/tax transcripts and all show what they need to see you'll be fine.

Edited by Ben&Zian

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you for the reply! that really relieves some anxiety.

With my income though my taxes show less than $12,000 in both 2015 and 2016 because I was a student using the GI Bill working part time. In reality I was making about $29,000 per year but they don't count the GI Bill money. Since October 2016 though I have been full-time and over the poverty guidelines even through changing jobs, and if I go back to my old job I will be making more and my boss will give me the letter stating my income and intent to keep me permanently hired.

Edited by dkallung
Wrong year

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, dkallung said:

Hi everyone I am still very new to this site so please forgive me if this has already been answered, but I have already searched the website.

My question is about changing address during or just before the NVC has received our petition. I received my NOA2 17 days ago but have not received my NVC case number yet. I was planning on moving in two weeks for a better job offer (again). Is there any point during the K-1 process that changing address will cause a delay? I was told there would be at some point by a service I am using, but I'm not sure if that's right. That is my main question, anyone who is willing to read more detail about my situation read on, but it is a bit complicated.

This would be my second job change and move during the K1 process, and I would be taking my old job back with an increase in pay. I filed the petition on October 31st 2016, moved December 17th 2016, got my NOA2 February 10th 2017, and am now waiting for my NVC case number.

I was also thinking of keeping my current address after moving and having my Dad forward me the paperwork and/or info, so I am also wondering how much relevant paperwork I will be receiving after I get my NVC case number. When I look at the timeline on VisaJourney it doesn't look like much, plus I will be following the instructions of the service I am using for everything I will be sending to the NVC (don't worry they have done an excellent job so far, filipinafianceevisa.com). The other concern I have is if I keep my current address but actually move, I may have to show up with/send in paystubs with an address that does not match what they have on file, and even if my boss can put another address on them, I may have to submit old paystubs from when I worked there before that do show a Colorado address.

My other concern is how they will view two job changes in five months. I do not have a hard time holding a job, here in California was just an opportunity that did not pan out as well as I had hoped. I am also a Marine Corps vet and could always go back in if need be. Anyway, anyone who takes time to read this or answer thank you.

No issue!   You can email NVC and request your MNL#, or even call them.  Here is info for contacting NVC

http://visaconnection-philippines.com/index.php/2-visa-process/2-nvc-k-1

As for your employment, not an issue, embassy requests the I-134 (original), a copy of your most recent tax return and W2.  If you income meets or exceeds the I-864P poverty guidelines you are good to go.   As an added note; since 2014 the embassy has been sporadic in asking for the support evidence.... sort of like rolling dice . :lol:

Here is some helpful information and the link to the embassy instructions letter is half way down the page.  Use the instructions letter as your checklist.

http://visaconnection-philippines.com/index.php/2-visa-process/3-usem-k-1-visa

Link to the embassy instructions letter half way down the page here:  http://visaconnection-philippines.com/index.php/2-visa-process/3-usem-k-1-visa

For future address changes go to the USCIS website and update your address there.

3 hours ago, Ben&Zian said:

As to the address change, you should be fine. Even just have USPS forward your mail, they will for up to a year; but minus the NVC case letter you won't receive anything else really until AOS time.

The job changes, and showing consistent pay and income might be only real issue with the I-134; but the Philippines is generally very easy to go through honestly. A lot of the time it is said they do not even look at the I-134 or any documentation in sense of financial support. They never asked to see mine and heard many others with same thing(but each case is unique so always always be prepared and have all documents needed).

I think long as the W2's/tax transcripts and all show what they need to see you'll be fine.

I know USCIS mail is marked to NOT be forwarded, and I would bet NVC mail is marked the same.

Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

I'd have my father send the mail to me knowing that it was received by family to whom you trust.  Once you have the letter, then go to USCIS and change your address. Just my two centavos.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.