smilesammich

Trump Press Conference On Labor Secretary And Russia, Annotated

15 posts in this topic

QUESTION
I just want to get you to clarify this very important point. Can you say definitively that nobody on your campaign had any contacts with the Russians during the campaign? And on the leaks, is it fake news or are these real leaks?

DONALD TRUMP
Well the leaks are real. You're the one that wrote about them and reported them, I mean the leaks are real. You know what they said, you saw it and the leaks are absolutely real. The news is fake because so much of the news is fake. So one thing that I felt it was very important to do -- and I hope we can correct it. Because there's nobody I have more respect for -- well, maybe a little bit, but the reporters, good reporters.

It's very important to me and especially in this position. It's very important. I don't mind bad stories. I can handle a bad story better than anybody as long as it's true and, you know, over a course of time, I'll make mistakes and you'll write badly and I'm OK with that. But I'm not OK when it is fake. I mean, I watch CNN, it's so much anger and hatred and just the hatred.

I don't watch it any more because it's very good -- he's saying no. It's OK, Jim. It's OK, Jim, you'll have your chance. But I watch others too. You're not the only one, so don't feel badly. But I think it should be straight. I think it should be -- I think it would be frankly more interesting. I know how good everybody's ratings are right now but I think that actually -- I think that'd actually be better.

People -- I mean, you have a lower approval rate than Congress. I think that's right. I don't know, Peter, is that one right? Because you know I think they have lower -- I heard lower than Congress. But honestly, the public would appreciate it, I'd appreciate it -- again, I don't mind bad stories when it's true but we have an administration where the Democrats are making it very difficult.

I think we're setting a record or close to a record in the time of approval of a cabinet. I mean, the numbers are crazy. When I'm looking, some of them had them approved immediately.

I'm going forever and I still have a lot of people that we're waiting for. And that's all they're doing, is delaying. And you look at Schumer and the mess that he's got over there and they have nothing going. The only thing they can do is delay. And, you know, I think that they'd be better served by, you know, approving and making sure that they're happy and everybody's good.

And sometimes -- I mean, I know President Obama lost three or four, and you lose them on the way, and that's OK. That's fine. But I think it would -- I think they would be much better served, John, if they just went through the process quickly. This is pure delay tactics.

And they say it, and everybody understands it.

QUESTION
And if I may follow up on that, just something that Jonathan Karl was asking you about. You said that the leaks are real, but the news is fake. I guess I don't understand. It seems that there's a disconnect there. If the information coming from those leaks is real, then how can the stories be fake?

DONALD TRUMP
The reporting is fake. Look, look...

(CROSSTALK)

DONALD TRUMP
You know what it is? Here's the thing. The public isn't -- you know, they read newspapers, they see television, they watch. They don't know if it's true or false because they're not involved. I'm involved. I've been involved with this stuff all my life. But I'm involved. So I know when you're telling the truth or when you're not. I just see many, many untruthful things.

And I'll tell you what else I see. I see tone. You know the word "tone." The tone is such hatred. I'm really not a bad person, by the way. No, but the tone is such -- I do get good ratings, you have to admit that -- the tone is such hatred.

I watched this morning a couple of the networks. And I have to say, Fox & Friends in the morning, they're very honorable people. They're very -- not because they're good, because they hit me also when I do something wrong. But they have the most honest morning show. That's all I can say. It's the most honest.

But the tone, Jim. If you look -- the hatred. The, I mean, sometimes -- sometimes somebody gets...

(CROSSTALK)

DONALD TRUMP
Well, you look at your show that goes on at 10 o'clock in the evening. You just take a look at that show. That is a constant hit. The panel is almost always exclusive anti-Trump. The good news is he doesn't have good ratings. But the panel is almost exclusive anti-Trump. And the hatred and venom coming from his mouth; the hatred coming from other people on your network.

Now, I will say this. I watch it. I see it. I'm amazed by it. And I just think you'd be a lot better off, I honestly do. The public gets it, you know. Look, when I go to rallies, they turn around, they start screaming at CNN. They want to throw their placards at CNN. You know.

I -- I think you would do much better by being different. But you just take a look. Take a look at some of your shows in the morning and the evening. If a guest comes out and says something positive about me, it's -- it's brutal.

Now, they'll take this news conference -- I'm actually having a very good time, OK? But they'll take this news conference -- don't forget, that's the way I won. Remember, I used to give you a news conference every time I made a speech, which was like every day. OK?

(CROSSTALK)

DONALD TRUMP
No, that's how I won. I won with news conferences and probably speeches. I certainly didn't win by people listening to you people. That's for sure. But I'm having a good time.

Tomorrow, they will say, "Donald Trump rants and raves at the press." I'm not ranting and raving. I'm just telling you. You know, you're dishonest people. But -- but I'm not ranting and raving. I love this. I'm having a good time doing it.

But tomorrow, the headlines are going to be, "Donald Trump rants and raves." I'm not ranting and raving.

^_^ http://www.npr.org/2017/02/16/515608127/transcript-and-analysis-trump-press-conference-on-labor-secretary-russia

trump poetry:

The public isn't

-- you know, they read

newspapers, they see

television, they watch.

They don't know

if it's true or false

because they're not involved. I'm involved.

I've been

involved with this stuff

all my life. But

I'm involved. So I know

when you're telling

the truth

or when you're

not. I just see

many, many untruthful

things. And I'll tell you what else

I see. I see

tone. You know

the word "tone." The

tone is such

hatred. I'm really not a bad

person, by the way. No,

but the tone

is such -- I do

get good ratings,

you have to admit that --

the tone is such hatred.
I watched

this morning a couple

of the networks. And I have to

say, Fox & Friends

in the morning, they're very honorable

people. They're very -- not

because they're good,

because they hit me

also when I do something wrong. But they have the most honest

morning show. That's all

I can say. It's the most honest.
But the tone,

Jim.

If you look --

the hatred. The, I mean,

sometimes -- sometimes

somebody gets...

He nailed it huh? He nailed it by being belligerent to everyone in the room, was repeatedly condescending to female reporters, made a veiled racial statement to a black reporter, was obnoxious to an Orthodox Jew asking an honest question about the real threat of anti-Semitism in this country, threw Gen. Kelly under a bus and drove over him repeatedly by lying (I'm sure he appreciates that), and continued juggling the lies like a master televangelist flapping his arms to the heavens. Yeah, that's really nailing it alright.

Computer-Guy-Facepalm.jpg

Edited by yuna628

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Timeline

He certainly seems to repeat himself a lot. That and the sniffles might be indicative of a more serious condition. On a positive note, he didn't engage in his usual daily diatribe in telling everyone he won honestly and how in an alternative fact reality he won the popular vote, and how he counted each one of the millions and millions of people who attended his inauguration.

The only winners in all this are the writers at SNL. They don't even have to do much thinking to gather material. Can't wait!

Edited by CaliCat

Best press conference ever = lies, lies, and more lies. He said and repeated a lot of words, but his words didn't have any substance  to it. They're just words coming out from his mouth. He's still delusional about his electoral college win.  He keeps bragging about his electoral college win, as if it's the largest in history. He's ranked 46th out of 58 and his spectacular loss of the popular vote, is the highest in history.  To quote a friend: If it were a race, he would be in the 80th percentile. If it were a grade, he would have 20% resulting in a spectacular F. If it were a clearance sale of rotten meat, it would cost you 20 cents to the dollar (and still make you sick). 

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Gloss said:

Best press conference ever = lies, lies, and more lies. He said and repeated a lot of words, but his words didn't have any substance  to it. They're just words coming out from his mouth. He's still delusional about his electoral college win.  He keeps bragging about his electoral college win, as if it's the largest in history. He's ranked 46th out of 58 and his spectacular loss of the popular vote, is the highest in history.  To quote a friend: If it were a race, he would be in the 80th percentile. If it were a grade, he would have 20% resulting in a spectacular F. If it were a clearance sale of rotten meat, it would cost you 20 cents to the dollar (and still make you sick). 

The sad part is that he seems to actually believe in what he is saying. He seems not to realize his own cognitive dissonance, obviously. That and the sniffles are worrying. Sadder still are all these people following him down that rabbit hole. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Trump supporters, I got to hand it to them, are possibly the most loyal supporters ever. Seriously, remember all the talk about Democrats worshipping Obama and not being able to think for themselves?

Oct 19, 2010 I-130 application submitted to US Embassy Seoul, South Korea

Oct 22, 2010 I-130 application approved

Oct 22, 2010 packet 3 received via email

Nov 15, 2010 DS-230 part 1 faxed to US Embassy Seoul

Nov 15, 2010 Appointment for visa interview made on-line

Nov 16, 2010 Confirmation of appointment received via email

Dec 13, 2010 Interview date

Dec 15, 2010 CR-1 received via courier

Mar 29, 2011 POE Detroit Michigan

Feb 15, 2012 Change of address via telephone

Jan 10, 2013 I-751 packet mailed to Vermont Service CenterJan 15, 2013 NOA1

Jan 31, 2013 Biometrics appointment letter received

Feb 20, 2013 Biometric appointment date

June 14, 2013 RFE

June 24, 2013 Responded to RFE

July 24, 2013 Removal of conditions approved

15 hours ago, yuna628 said:

He nailed it huh? He nailed it by being belligerent to everyone in the room, was repeatedly condescending to female reporters, made a veiled racial statement to a black reporter, was obnoxious to an Orthodox Jew asking an honest question about the real threat of anti-Semitism in this country, threw Gen. Kelly under a bus and drove over him repeatedly by lying (I'm sure he appreciates that), and continued juggling the lies like a master televangelist flapping his arms to the heavens. Yeah, that's really nailing it alright.

Computer-Guy-Facepalm.jpg

Honestly I thought the most telling part was when a reporter directly pointed out when he lied (about winning by the largest margin). First he pivots to "well obviously only Republicans", to which the reporter continued to respond "Um, no you lie". His final thought was "Oh well I was given the information"

That right there is basically how he is governing. He is just given information and runs with it. He doesn't critically think, and he likely doesn't even get the information from the right people. Who would give him that information? Fire that person.