Jump to content

Petitioning for Married Child

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

My mum will be petitioning for my sister, her husband and their son soon, we know the wait period will be a long one - years.  I would like to know if she has to submit a separate petition for each of them and  provide 1. sister, her husband and son's birth certificate, 2. sister's marriage certificate, 3. mum's proof of citizenship and 4. filing fee of US$535 each.  Are there any additional document which should be included? Thanks.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Your mom can only file for her daughter.  Spouse and children can not be petition for directly.  Spouse and children are potential derivative beneficiaries.


Mom needs to include I-130, copy of her US passport, daughter's birth certificate with mom's name, any documents allowing for a name change (generally, a marriage certificate), and the fee.


"N/A" for D1 since you are not filing for anyone else.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.