JANETandLYLE

AOS not started/WIfe wants to go back Home

71 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Honestly, they should put a deadline on filing the AOS. Often folks can't/won't file either because of financial or relationship issues. When you marry someone under the K1, the AOS should be mandatory by both the petitioner part and beneficiary. I think it's stupid to put the burden of the AOS on the beneficiary, since most are clueless of the immigration process. Look at some of us, and we live in the US.

OP, continue assisting your soon to be ex-wife on getting her passport and ticket back home. It's about the only morally thing you can do now if the relationship is over.

1 minute ago, Umka36 said:

I think it's stupid to put the burden of the AOS on the beneficiary, since most are clueless of the immigration process.

It's no different for the USC in most cases. The immigration process is only learned by doing it and by researching it. The USC does not have any innate advantage into how it works.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

12 minutes ago, geowrian said:

It's no different for the USC in most cases. The immigration process is only learned by doing it and by researching it. The USC does not have any innate advantage into how it works.

Actually the USC typically does have an innate advantage by filing the original petition, so they know/researched the process. I'm not in anyway saying the beneficiary should not be part of the process.

1 minute ago, Umka36 said:

Actually the USC typically does have an innate advantage by filing the original petition, so they know/researched the process. I'm not in anyway saying the beneficiary should not be part of the process.

And the beneficiary had to get the visa, do the interview, sometimes take a course on immigrating to the desired country, etc. I'd definitely argue the responsibility is pretty even. But I digress...this is going off-topic.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

2 minutes ago, geowrian said:

And the beneficiary had to get the visa, do the interview, sometimes take a course on immigrating to the desired country, etc. I'd definitely argue the responsibility is pretty even. But I digress...this is going off-topic.

FWIW, most countries aren't like the Philippine in regards to taking a mandatory course on immigrating to another country. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Edited by Umka36

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

caliliving

I do not appreciate your response on my post, so please move along. You have no clue the issues we have been through, and some of them have been pretty serious. You are assuming many things, and you are wrong about most of them. I have been posting BS threads for 5 years? I don't think so. I have been bashed by several on here, and I can stand up like a man and take those. I take responsibility for what did not get done. I have been a good husband, and realize this AOS should have gotten done long ago. I am sitting here now with the paperwork, but need to know what order is best to start getting this stuff turned in. The I-130, and I-864 are the first two? I would appreciate any positive advice, and if all you have to post is negative, please refrain yourself, and move on to another post. Anyone who feels more comfortable to share in pm, please send me a message. Thanks!

Timeline

@JANETandLYLE fill up the i-765 so she has permit to work and G235A .. you will see all requirements.. u are lucky u found this site and u have many people will help u.. send your pictures together and and some documents that will prove that u guys been together and not a sham... oh well u guys been together for 7 yrs so they will know that.. so send your bank account together, bills that has her name and yours ... u have to do the physical examination and vaccination reports.. tell her that paper from st lukes when she was in manila. she needs to bring that to the civil surgeon which u have to make appointment that is close by u.. den they will give u a sealed envelope and mail it together with your other paperwork.. it dont cost too much.. just let her bring that medical record that she got from st. luke and other documents like passport and ID's 

3 hours ago, JANETandLYLE said:

So should i just follow these steps?  http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

If she came on a K1 and you married within the 90 days, yes follow this guide.  As mentioned make sure to send the I-765 and I-131 so she can work and travel.  

Also just to note, it's against the TOS to ask people not to post on a thread.   If you feel attacked you can report a post and a moderator will take action as necessary but as Tbone has already stepped in, I'm sure they are watching at this point.  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

OP, I'm a little confused now. Have you and your wife reconciled and are continuing on with marriage life?

If you are, then follow the guide. She will need a new medical by a civil surgeon as someone mentioned earlier. The GC will not be a conditional one if/when its approved, but a permanent one since you two have been married for over 2 years.

Timeline

Umka, yes we are staying together. I believe my Wife was really missing the Philippines, and now has opened up and told me that. I have had a nice talk with her, and told her that we need to communicate better, so i can take care of things. I feel terrible not realizing that my actions of not getting the AOS done meant so much. I am good about most things, but admit, I drug my feet on this, and I am not even certain why. I love my Wife, and believe me, I have beaten myself up mentally over all of this. This is an eye opener. Also, as I thought about the posters here who jumped on me, that actually made me realize exactly what i was doing to my Wife, so I want to thank them. I needed that. My intent was never to have anything like this happen, and I created this issue. Now I need to get it fixed. I appreciate all the feedback, ty. 

Timeline

Wow, now today she says she wants a divorce and will return home. She destroyed all her paperwork, including passport, so I will be heading to the local Immigration office next week to see if they can help. I'm tired of fighting it. I will be cordial and help her get home. Nothing more to say. I appreciate all the advice. I take blame. 

Did she find her passport and destroy it (again I'm confused based on your first post OP)? In either case, she will need to get in contact with the Philippine consulate and have them reissue her a new passport. Kind of stupid if she really did destroy her passport, and wanted to go back home.

Why do I have a feeling that a change of mind will happen again in the not so distant future.

Timeline

Umka, your right. She has changed her mind several times. I admit i messed up big time by not getting the AOS done long ago. I am desperate now to at least make sure she gets home. The time has come to accept that she wants to go home and not be here, but twice she asked me to go with her. The big issue I did not share with any of you is that she had a mental breakdown back in early September, and was hospitalized for more than a month. I believe right before this happened she destroyed all her paperwork.  I assume now she will need to go to the Philippines Consult for our area which is San Francisco for a passport unless we can actually get a one way travel document. Honestly, she is on meds and seeing a doctor to this day. She has an issue that leads us to no possible way of a relationship. I need to get her home asap. Going to meet with immigration on Tuesday to see if we can get copies of a birth certificate, passport (expired) with stamps, etc. I could use any advice, please. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.