BuckMaster

Hong Kong Divorce for Filipino

73 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, Mackdaddy66 said:

When filing the petition do I need to send CEMAR with divorce decree or will just divorce decree work? 

wanting to file next week... hoping no need for CEMAR until embassy phase

With the I-129F you only need a copy of the divorce decree.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

U.S. Consulate Interview at 08:30 AM Wednesday for my fiancee!!  That will be 19:30 (7:30) PM tonight for me.  Woot!!

Wish her luck!  🙂

Timeline

Best of luck ~

Interview will be a breeze as long as you have all the requested documents and have a genuine relationship.

When being interviewed - smile, look the CO in the eyes and speak up.  ;)  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Friends,

My fiancee passed her interview with flying colors!  She was interviewed by three different officers.  All three said that they were very impressed with our application and one of them said that it was in "perfect order". 🙂

We just got an email that her visa and passport (US Travel Docs) has been issued and is ready to be picked up at the courier service!  She will be picking them up tomorrow (tonight for me).  Once she has them in her hand, I will be booking her a flight to the United States!

It has been a very long process but, we are finally finished and she is practically on her way!

Thank you to everyone here for your support while we processed our K-1 Visa.  Bless you all.

29 minutes ago, BuckMaster said:

Hello Friends,

My fiancee passed her interview with flying colors!  She was interviewed by three different officers.  All three said that they were very impressed with our application and one of them said that it was in "perfect order". 🙂

We just got an email that her visa and passport (US Travel Docs) has been issued and is ready to be picked up at the courier service!  She will be picking them up tomorrow (tonight for me).  Once she has them in her hand, I will be booking her a flight to the United States!

It has been a very long process but, we are finally finished and she is practically on her way!

Thank you to everyone here for your support while we processed our K-1 Visa.  Bless you all.

Congratulations... You went through the Embassy in Manila or HK? 

Timeline
45 minutes ago, BuckMaster said:

Hello Friends,

Congrats!!

Don't forget the CFO sticker  ;)  

Safe Travels

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, BuckMaster said:

Hello Friends,

Congrats😎😎and welcome to America

• 3 months later...

I been married in philippines..because that time my husband lawyer for his annulment for his ex wife says his annulment almost done and he said we can get marry and he is the one who arrange for our civil wedding..but that time when we came back here...when we present the annulment we still have to get marry here again so he can get a dependant visa for me because he is a hongkong resident ...now we are seperated ...i know if i can divorce here its not that hard like philippines..i got a boyfriend now and willing to marry me..but once i get my divirce here...can i just use that divorce paper to apply for u.s.fiancee visa or did they gonna see my other marriage in philippines which is the same guy..we are a hongkong resident here..please is anyone here can tell me about my situation...or is there anyone here like the same situation..please..help me for some information

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Frankjean said:

I been married in philippines..because that time my husband lawyer for his annulment for his ex wife says his annulment almost done and he said we can get marry and he is the one who arrange for our civil wedding..but that time when we came back here...when we present the annulment we still have to get marry here again so he can get a dependant visa for me because he is a hongkong resident ...now we are seperated ...i know if i can divorce here its not that hard like philippines..i got a boyfriend now and willing to marry me..but once i get my divirce here...can i just use that divorce paper to apply for u.s.fiancee visa or did they gonna see my other marriage in philippines which is the same guy..we are a hongkong resident here..please is anyone here can tell me about my situation...or is there anyone here like the same situation..please..help me for some information

Divorce is accepted for the visa process, doesn't matter that the Philippines does not recognize the divorce (even though they will through a court process) and PSA still shows you as married... simply include a copy of your divorce decree (in English) with the petition and the visa application later

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

7 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Divorce is accepted for the visa process, doesn't matter that the Philippines does not recognize the divorce (even though they will through a court process) and PSA still shows you as married... simply include a copy of your divorce decree (in English) with the petition and the visa application later

Mr hank thank you so much for your comment and answer .it means i can apply my fiancee visa here in hk..after my divorce here..and my marriage in philippines with that same person that i want to divorce here coz as ive said we also married here coz we are hk resident here...will not affect my applications..?..because we are divorce here but our marriage in philippines is not yet void...and sir how about within the 2 years that now we are started to meet each other ( my boyfriend) and the date once my divorce just finish...will it be complicated for the time that im not yet done with my divorce but im.seeing my boyfiend during that time..thank you so much..it makes me worries but thank you for your reply that i felt relieved

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Frankjean said:

Mr hank thank you so much for your comment and answer .it means i can apply my fiancee visa here in hk..after my divorce here..and my marriage in philippines with that same person that i want to divorce here coz as ive said we also married here coz we are hk resident here...will not affect my applications..?..because we are divorce here but our marriage in philippines is not yet void...and sir how about within the 2 years that now we are started to meet each other ( my boyfriend) and the date once my divorce just finish...will it be complicated for the time that im not yet done with my divorce but im.seeing my boyfiend during that time..thank you so much..it makes me worries but thank you for your reply that i felt relieved

One of the requirements for filing the K-1 I-129F fiancee visa is that you both have met in person WITHIN 2 years of filing.    The other requirement is that you are both free to marry at the time of filing .. divorced works.  ;)  

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/i-129f-petition-process.html

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

One of the requirements for filing the K-1 I-129F fiancee visa is that you both have met in person WITHIN 2 years of filing.    The other requirement is that you are both free to marry at the time of filing .. divorced works.  ;)  

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/i-129f-petition-process.html

Here is what I  think she is saying.   She married in PI and then moved to HK and married again to the same person (which is an invalid marriage cuz we can'tdo that) however the divorce she got referenced the HK marriage and not the PI marriage. 

YMMV

Timeline
49 minutes ago, Frankjean said:

As long as you have your HK divorce decree and you were only married to ONE person (why you married twice to the same guy I am not sure 😕)  then you are free to marry in regards to the U.S. visa process.   Still being listed as married in the Philippines will not be an issue.   You will have a CEMAR from PSA but you will have the divorce decree that trumps that as far as the USA is concerned.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

As long as you have your HK divorce decree and you were only married to ONE person (why you married twice to the same guy I am not sure 😕)  then you are free to marry in regards to the U.S. visa process.   Still being listed as married in the Philippines will not be an issue.   You will have a CEMAR from PSA but you will have the divorce decree that trumps that as far as the USA is concerned.

Just playing devil's advocate here.   

What is she married in PI in 2015.

Married in HK in 2016.

If the HK divorce decree only references the 2016 event, did it terminate the PI marriage?

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.