SeanN

Delay in Delivery of Approved Visas

687 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Update this morning - saying once up will take weeks to issue the Visa...

Nonimmigrant visa applicants who submitted their DS-160 online application prior to June 9, 2015, should plan to attend their scheduled appointment. You should note, however that your application will take two to three weeks to process. If you will require your passport for travel to a country other than the United States during this time, you must notify the consular officer at your interview.

Yeah right. So I don't believe them. My experience of TSC means it's a month at least.

K1 are counted as Immigrant Visas aren't they?

Steve Haze (Singer/Songwriter)

http://www.stevehaze.com

• 07/09/2014 - Met a beautiful girl in Hawaii. - You can read our soppy love story meeting HERE.
  • 23/12/2014 - Proposed to my fiancé with this song: "My Heart's Yours To Break"
  • 03/01/2015 I-129F package sent to Lewisville, TX Lockbox
  • 08/01/2015 NOA1
  • 08/01/2015 I-129F routed to USCIS California Service Centre
  • 02/02/2015 NOA2 (approved!)
  • 10/03/2015 Packet 3 Received from London Embassy
  • 11/03/2015 Scheduled medical at Knightsbridge
  • 27/03/2015 Packet 3 Sent (online)
  • 20/04/2015 Readiness form submitted
  • 11/05/2015 Medical at Knightsbridge whio requested more information.
  • 11/05/2015 Request information from GP regarding medical history.
  • 26/05/2015 GP finally provides letter and faxes to Knightsbridge Medical
  • 28/05/2015 Knightsbridge confirm medical pack sent by courier to U.S. Embassy London
  • 11/06/2015 Packet 4 Received from London Embassy
  • 11/06/2015 Paid Visa fees on AIS website.
  • 16/07/2015 INTERVIEW - APPROVED!!!!
  • 21/07/2015 CEAC Changes to Administrative Processing
  • 22/07/2015 CEAC Changes to ISSUED
  • 07/08/2015 - The day I plan to fly!!

Currently waiting for Visa to arrive!! :clock:

While you are also waiting......here's a song about leaving your home country because you fell in love with someone: CLICK HERE

Timeline

Update this morning - saying once up will take weeks to issue the Visa...

Nonimmigrant visa applicants who submitted their DS-160 online application prior to June 9, 2015, should plan to attend their scheduled appointment. You should note, however that your application will take two to three weeks to process. If you will require your passport for travel to a country other than the United States during this time, you must notify the consular officer at your interview.

Yeah right. So I don't believe them. My experience of TSC means it's a month at least.

there were no update in this morning...can u plz send me the link of this news...?

• Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan
  • Marriage: 03-01-2014

I-130 Sent : 04-21-2014 I-130 Received at USCIS : 04-23-2014 I-130 NOA1 (Hardcopy) : 04-27-2014 (Waiting Period Started) :clock: I-130 NOA2 (Hardcopy) : 09-12-2014 :wow: Case sent to NVC by USCIS : 09-23-2014 NVC Case Received : 10-07-2014 Case Number Received : 10-27-2014 :idea: Completed DS-261,Paid AOS Fee : 11-05-2014 AOS Fee Showing Paid : 11-08-2014 IV Fee Generated and Paid : 11-11-2014 IV Fee showing Paid : 11-14-2014 Completed DS-260 : 11-15-2014 (Searching for Joint Sponsor) :clock: AOS & IV Package sent : 01-20-2015 NVC Received AOS and IV Packages : 01-22-2015 (60 Days waiting period starts) Case sent for supervisor review : 04-03-2015 (Due to no response till 70 days) Case Completed at NVC: 04-09-2015 :dancing: (After only 7 days in supervisor review) Interview Scheduled: 04-28-2015 (Confirmed by Phone call to NVC) (P4) Interview Letter : 04-29-2015 Status showed "In Transit" : 05-13-2015 Status showed "Ready" : 05-14-2015 Medical : 05-20-2015 (Alhamdulilah Went well) Interview: 06-09-2015 (Alhamdulilah Approved) worldwide Technical problem in visa printing : 06-09-2015 Visa Issued : 07-01-2015 :energy:(Alhamdulilah) Visa in Hand : 07-04-2015 (Islamabad Amex)(Alhamdulilah) POE at Chicago : 07-23-2015

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

From yesterday...

JUNE 17, 2015

Visa Systems Issues

The Bureau of Consular Affairs continues to experience technical problems with our visa systems. This is a global issue, and we are working around the clock to fix it. More than 100 computer experts from both the private and public sectors across the United States are working on this problem 24/7.

I'm just so completely drained and spent dealing with these delays. As an IT professional, all I can think of when reading that 3rd sentences is... "All the King's horses and and all the King's men couldn't put Humpty back together again." It would be nice if they could assign one good project manager to the problem who could identify one good subject matter expert, and then kick the other 98 people out of the kitchen.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Timeline

Here's the link, from the special Relationship magaazine at the US embassy

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/specialrelationshipmagazine/will-the-technical-issues-affect-me-faqs-for-visa-applicants/

Updated 09:15am this morning (UK time)

The answer to your question is I guess that the K1 is in a special category - it's a non-immigrant visa with intent to Immigrate. I'm taking the view that wherever they say "DS-160" then that's us K1's

Edited by Lauren and Kevin

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I am SO angry about this. I have been waiting over 20 months to be with my family since I started this process. I was banking on getting my visa within the 2 weeks. Nope, I have to be out of my apartment before June and now I get to live on the street until I get my visa. Just perfect timing. AND this happened in July last year, almost exact same problem. They were back logged 200,000 visas.

My brother works in IT and the fact that it's been down for a week now is just a serious joke. They need to get their asses in gear and hire some better people.

My reaction was the exact same......ours is at the 16 month wait. Didn't see this until we checked for visa but hubby asked specifically when he could expect and the response was the normal 5 business days.....on the 16th. He said no one was really bringing up anything different in the hours he was there. We didn't get tickets but this is an exhausting and deluding process step by step. His job ended just this last week and room was up for the year lease as of July 1. Hoping at least to get this done by then. Maybe they can get them out fast as soon as up and running.

Timeline

Just one more quick question after reading; we checked the website for the status and it shows that it's active then acting like he didnt even attend the interview. The interviewer said she was having problems putting in the computer that he was approved but not to worry; that she would solve it. She seemed completely unaware of any difficulties outside that. I realize it would not say ready or issued but should it be showing that he can still re-schedule his interview and that he hasnt been at the embassy yet?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Latest update:

Technological Systems Issue
June 19, 2015
Visa Systems Issues
  • The Bureau of Consular Affairs is in the process of resolving technical problems with our visa systems. Biometric data is not yet processing properly to allow embassies and consulates to perform security checks required to issue visas.
  • More than 100 experts across the country are working on this problem 24/7. We are pursuing a variety of solutions. This week, nearly 750 temporary or seasonal workers who had been issued visas in the past were issued new visas in Mexico, and we have issued another 1,500 visas globally for urgent and humanitarian travel. We continue to look for ways to facilitate travel as we work to restore the systems to full functionality.

• We deeply regret the inconvenience to travelers and recognize the hardship to those waiting for visas, and in some cases, their family members or employers in the United States.

Q: How long before you restore full system functionality?

• Public and private sector experts are making progress in correcting the visa problem, and we are striving to have the system online sometime next week.

http://travel.state.gov/content/travel/english/news/technological-systems-issue.html

Sometime next week :(

Edited by subz1987

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Sometime next week is great news if you ask me!!! It's way better than next month!!! :luv:

K1 Visa Timeline:

Texas Service Center

NOA1: 10-15-14

NOA2: 05-15-15

Sent to NVC: 05-21-15

NVC received: 06-01-15
Sent to Paris: 06-04-15

Accepted at Paris: 06-08-15

Medical: 06-30-15

Interview, approved: 07-15-15

Pick up at embassy: 07-20-15

Entry to USA: 07-23-15

Adjustment of Status filed: 09-04-15

Biometrics Appt: 09-21-15

No interview

Approval: 03-18-16

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I'm now waiting that they proceed my payment of the DS-160 ..can't use the CGI so far cause it's not working. Hope it'll be fixed soon :S

Our Story

I'm the benificary

First met: August 23rd 2013 (F)
Engaged: November 13th 2014 :wub:
I-129f sent: March 20th 2015
Received by USICS: March 25th 2015
Mail notification + Case accepted and routed to CSC:
March 27th 2015

NOA1 hard Copy received: April 4th 2015 :dancing:

Mail notification - Petition Approved NOA2: May 8th 2015

B-) NOA2 hard Copy received: May 15th 2015 :thumbs::dance:

Called NVC & Received Case NR: May 29th 2015 :thumbs:

At NVC: Since 21th May 2015

Stuck at AP :clock:

left NVC/ In Transit to Frankfurt: 3rd June 2015 :dancing:

Ready at Embassy Frankfurt: 5th June 2015 :wow:

Packet 3 received: 11th June 2015

DS-160 Submitted: 16th June 2015

Fee paid: 18th June 2015

Package 3 sent: 13th July 2015

Ready to schedule Interview: 16th July 2015
Medical passed: 21st July 2015

Interview: 5th August 2015 :star: -> Approved

POE: 27th August 2015

Date of Marriage: 3rd September 2015 (L):luv:

:energy::energy::energy: :energy: :energy::energy:

AOS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sometime next week is great news if you ask me!!! It's way better than next month!!! :luv:

You might still have to wait 4 weeks to get your visa depending on how much backlog they have to fill. I wouldn't get your hopes up.

June 16th: IR-1 Interview in Montreal. Approved

June 16th: Case Status as "Ready"

June 25th: Case Status as "Ready"

June 30th: Case Status as "Ready"

July 1st: Case Status as "Ready"

July 2nd: Case Status as "ISSUED"

July 8th: Waybill # received

July 9th: Visa pickup

July 9th: POE

Hope and optimism is all we have! Without that we have nothing. Hopefully this team of '100' has the issues fixed Monday and they race through the back log . . .

Timeline

This is exactly right; we have to be logical here. The last we know for sure is that they are making progress and even have processed a small number for the first priority to be processed. Some of the consulates are stating specifically that 2-3 weeks processing is to be expected from interview. While I am cynical with these terms as well, there is a lot of pressure from groups more noticeable then ours to get these out. We can't know how they will be released, the order, how the consulates work, etc. But it is moving and we can follow the news.

Some people are not going to wait weeks and will be in the first groups and it will go from there. What we all have now is to hope it's any of us and then us. Keep up the updates and the thoughts that we go day by day hoping it's very soon. We are used to this. It's not helping me at work, with friends or my husband to stay down and angry and think this can go on so much longer........and factually there is a system they are working with. Don't let it keep you down in thoughts when there may be no reason for it.

Please keep updating here; this is the place I look most for news on this. Work a couple jobs and not a lot of time to go on all the sites looking for the one that can tell me the latest.

Timeline

This is exactly right; we have to be logical here. The last we know for sure is that they are making progress and even have processed a small number for the first priority to be processed. Some of the consulates are stating specifically that 2-3 weeks processing is to be expected from interview. While I am cynical with these terms as well, there is a lot of pressure from groups more noticeable then ours to get these out. We can't know how they will be released, the order, how the consulates work, etc. But it is moving and we can follow the news.

Some people are not going to wait weeks and will be in the first groups and it will go from there. What we all have now is to hope it's any of us and then us. Keep up the updates and the thoughts that we go day by day hoping it's very soon. We are used to this. It's not helping me at work, with friends or my husband to stay down and angry and think this can go on so much longer........and factually there is a system they are working with. Don't let it keep you down in thoughts when there may be no reason for it.

Please keep updating here; this is the place I look most for news on this. Work a couple jobs and not a lot of time to go on all the sites looking for the one that can tell me the latest.

Well said.

Steve Haze (Singer/Songwriter)

http://www.stevehaze.com

• 07/09/2014 - Met a beautiful girl in Hawaii. - You can read our soppy love story meeting HERE.
  • 23/12/2014 - Proposed to my fiancé with this song: "My Heart's Yours To Break"
  • 03/01/2015 I-129F package sent to Lewisville, TX Lockbox
  • 08/01/2015 NOA1
  • 08/01/2015 I-129F routed to USCIS California Service Centre
  • 02/02/2015 NOA2 (approved!)
  • 10/03/2015 Packet 3 Received from London Embassy
  • 11/03/2015 Scheduled medical at Knightsbridge
  • 27/03/2015 Packet 3 Sent (online)
  • 20/04/2015 Readiness form submitted
  • 11/05/2015 Medical at Knightsbridge whio requested more information.
  • 11/05/2015 Request information from GP regarding medical history.
  • 26/05/2015 GP finally provides letter and faxes to Knightsbridge Medical
  • 28/05/2015 Knightsbridge confirm medical pack sent by courier to U.S. Embassy London
  • 11/06/2015 Packet 4 Received from London Embassy
  • 11/06/2015 Paid Visa fees on AIS website.
  • 16/07/2015 INTERVIEW - APPROVED!!!!
  • 21/07/2015 CEAC Changes to Administrative Processing
  • 22/07/2015 CEAC Changes to ISSUED
  • 07/08/2015 - The day I plan to fly!!

Currently waiting for Visa to arrive!! :clock:

While you are also waiting......here's a song about leaving your home country because you fell in love with someone: CLICK HERE

Our interview june 9 th .... Approved but no update still says admin processing since june 9th ?

Hi keep updated mines was june 9 too dominican republic . No visa still .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.