stevehaze

Love Story (Buckets at the ready!)

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Lonely In London - That's how I'd describe myself right about now.

My name is Steve Haze - I'm a singer/songwriter and powered paragliding instructor/pilot who met the most beautiful girl on the North Shore of Oahu in Hawaii in September.

I'm currently going through the wait for the K1 Fiancé visa interview.

I thought that maybe coming on here and boring others with my story might kill a few minutes on a beautiful summer evening in England, when I'm missing my fiancé so much that my brain hurts.

It's this most amazing clichéd story that I just love it.

We met in a bar and from the first moment I knew that something was special about this person. To say we "clicked" is an understatement; the click was like Thunder.

We ended up spending every night hanging out together. I was supposed to leave after a week to go and visit some friends in Portland, but because I sensed this was something special, I called them and arranged to go out a few days later.
They didn't mind, as they could hear how excited I was. So I stayed a few extra days, which gave me the time and confidence to say something meaningful...

On my last night there, we climbed a rock in Waimea Bay and planned to jump off into the sea. It's high enough to be exciting but low enough that it's a common jumping spot.

So there we stood - on the edge...waiting for a wave to make it deeper...and as we jumped and gave ourselves up to gravity, I said those three words; "I love you". It was crazy! I'd only known this girl for 10 days!! What was I thinking??

I half expected an awkward "Awww thanks!" as we came up for air from the water we had just crashed into...but instead, the happy smiling face that was swimming towards me said "I love you too!!"

I left the next day...vowing to come back and spend some more time with her.

I spent 3 nights in Portland (boring my friends by talking about someone how only someone who is newly in love will do) and then headed back to the UK.

When I got off the plane, I picked up my car, drove to my job and handed in my resignation saying that I was going to book a flight out for the day after I had worked my notice. That's what I did.

During the 4 weeks we were apart - I wrote a song called Mermaid, which was all about her and the craziness to do with my situation. She liked it!

When I flew back to see her, I was armed with another 4 or 5 new songs that I had been inspired to write. I had suffered from writers block for a few years.

I arrived just as a Hurricane was due to hit Hawaii and we walked on the beach in the pouring rain and swam in the sea as it poured down around us.

We spent a magical 89 days together with me living in her house. We had so many adventures and good times and I could not believe that I had found this amazing person and I did not want to let her slip away.

So a couple of weeks before I headed back to the UK once more, on Christmas Eve Eve, I proposed.

I had ordered the ring online - I knew what I wanted to get...and the day it was delivered, I could not help myself. I had spent the day recording a new song.

She was making cookies in the kitchen for a work cookie-bake-off and getting stressed at the amount she was having to make. I sat there with the biggest secret of my life...and when she had finally finished, I could not resist.
I played her the song...and sitting there on the sofa where we had had so many evenings chilling out together, talking and falling deeper in love, I asked the question. She said yes.

So that's the beginning of the story...

Now every life has it's troubles and when she came to visit me for my birthday in February, we went snowboarding in Switzerland where unfortunately I crashed and broke my collar bone badly.

This made my most recent visit to her more difficult as I was feeling very housebound, frustrated and fragile - and that's hard when we had been having so many adventurous times together.
But ultimately she got to see my at my weakest and worst and still loves me. I'm a lucky man. Really. Very lucky!

Leaving her to return here to the UK for my medical, the interview and to sort out selling everything that I own was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.

We provisionally plan to marry in September, a year after we met...that is...if things with the visa go according to plan!

I hope reading this has entertained you on an evening when maybe you are bored and lonely and missing your beloved.

Steve Haze (Singer/Songwriter)

http://www.stevehaze.com

• 07/09/2014 - Met a beautiful girl in Hawaii. - You can read our soppy love story meeting HERE.
  • 23/12/2014 - Proposed to my fiancé with this song: "My Heart's Yours To Break"
  • 03/01/2015 I-129F package sent to Lewisville, TX Lockbox
  • 08/01/2015 NOA1
  • 08/01/2015 I-129F routed to USCIS California Service Centre
  • 02/02/2015 NOA2 (approved!)
  • 10/03/2015 Packet 3 Received from London Embassy
  • 11/03/2015 Scheduled medical at Knightsbridge
  • 27/03/2015 Packet 3 Sent (online)
  • 20/04/2015 Readiness form submitted
  • 11/05/2015 Medical at Knightsbridge whio requested more information.
  • 11/05/2015 Request information from GP regarding medical history.
  • 26/05/2015 GP finally provides letter and faxes to Knightsbridge Medical
  • 28/05/2015 Knightsbridge confirm medical pack sent by courier to U.S. Embassy London
  • 11/06/2015 Packet 4 Received from London Embassy
  • 11/06/2015 Paid Visa fees on AIS website.
  • 16/07/2015 INTERVIEW - APPROVED!!!!
  • 21/07/2015 CEAC Changes to Administrative Processing
  • 22/07/2015 CEAC Changes to ISSUED
  • 07/08/2015 - The day I plan to fly!!

Currently waiting for Visa to arrive!! :clock:

While you are also waiting......here's a song about leaving your home country because you fell in love with someone: CLICK HERE

aww this was so amazing :) Congrats to you guys

I-130 Received- Feb 23
Check Cashed- Feb 26, 2015
NOA1- Feb 27, 2015 :dancing:
Received in mail- March 2, 2015

NOA2- July 15,2015 :dance:(4 months, 6 days)

Case Sent to NVC- July 23, 2015 (8 days)
NVC Received- July, 29, 2015 (6 days)

Received Case and IIN #- August 13,2015 (15 days)

Submitted DS-261- August 13,2015

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Sweet story. Love connection. :luv:

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).