RomanianBeauty

A reality tv series on k-1 visa on tlc (90 day fiance)

455 posts in this topic

I've only been alive a few years longer than 20 years so I feel like I understand what's normal in these modern times. There's a cougar thing but I've never actually known a guy my age to want to marry an older woman. Usually that's more for the conquest and to say they've done it than a real relationship.

I really think it all depends on how big the age gap is (full disclosure, I'm almost 9 years older than my boyfriend) but more importantly than that, what the "lifestyle" gap is. Basically, to me, once everyone is about 25 years old, the biggest gaps come from previous marriages and the existence of children. When I was 29, NO WAY was I going out with a divorced 31 year old who had two children aged 9 and 11 (this was a real situation, too), but easily and happily took up with a never-married-no-kids 37 year old shortly after. And we seemed a lot closer in age, oddly enough.

I understand that men and women are different etc but...really, it's not as big a deal as it seems.

Now, the fact that Danielle is a full 15 years older AND has been married (?) and has FOUR children and a grandchild.....yeah. Nope. Nope nope nope. A 41 year old single-no-kids-cougar type bringing over a 26 year old.....maybe I can see that as genuine, you really never do know with people. I would think the exact same about a 41 year old man bringing over a 26 year old female....maybe genuine, you never know. 15 years is pretty huge.

Marriage/ AOS Timeline:

23 Dec 2015: Legal marriage

23 Jan 2016: Wedding!

23 Jan 2016: "Blizzard of the Century", wedding canceled/rescheduled (thank goodness we were legally married first or we'd have had a big problem!) :sleepy:

24 Jan 2016: Small "civil ceremony" with friends and family who were snowed in with us. December was a bit of a secret and people had traveled internationally and knew we *had* to get married that weekend, and our December legal marriage was nothing but signing a piece of paper at our priest's kitchen table, without any sort of vows etc so this was actually a very special (if not legally significant) day. (L)

16 Apr 2016: Filed for AOS and EAD/AP (We delayed a bit-- no big rush, enjoying the USCIS break)

23 Apr 2016: Wedding! Finally! :luv:

27 Apr 2016: Electronic NOA1 for all 3 :dancing:
29 Apr 2016: NOA1 Hardcopy for all 3
29 Jul 2016: Online service request for late EAD (Day 104)
29 Jul 2016: EAD/AP Approved ~3 hours after online service request
04 Aug 2016: RFE for Green Card (requested medicals/ vaccination record. They already have it). :ranting:
05 Aug 2016: EAD/AP Combo Card arrived! (Day 111)
08 Aug 2016: Congressional constituent request to get guidance on the RFE. Hoping they see they have the form and approve!

K-1 Visa Timeline:

PLEASE NOTE. This timeline was during the period of time when TSC was working on I-129fs and had a huge backlog. The average processing time was 210+ days. This is in no way predictive of your own timeline if you filed during or after April 2015, unless CSC develops a backlog. A backlog is anything above the 5-month goal time listed on USCIS's site

14 Feb 2015: Mailed I-129f to Dallas Lockbox. (L) (Most expensive Valentine's card I've ever sent!)

17 Feb 2015: NOA1 "Received Date"
19 Feb 2015: NOA1 Notice Date
08 Aug 2015: NOA2 email! :luv: (173 days from NOA1)

17 Aug 2015: Sent to NVC

?? Aug 2015: Arrived at NVC

25 Aug 2015: NVC Case # Assigned

31 Aug 2015: Left NVC for Consulate in San Jose

09 Sep 2015: Consulate received :dancing: (32 days from NOA2)

11 Sep 2015: Packet 3 emailed from embassy to me, the petitioner (34 days from NOA2).

18 Sep 2015: Medicals complete

21 Sep 2015: Packet 3 complete, my boss puts a temporary moratorium on all time off due to work emergency :clock:

02 Oct 2015: Work emergency clears up, interview scheduled (soonest available was 5 business days away--Columbus Day was in there)

13 Oct 2015: Interview

13 Oct 2015: VISA APPROVED :thumbs: (236 days from NOA1)

19 Oct 2015: Visa-in-hand

24 Oct 2015: POE !

15 Dec 2015: Fiance's mother's B-2 visa interview: APPROVED! So happy she will be at the wedding! :thumbs:

!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I've only been alive a few years longer than 20 years so I feel like I understand what's normal in these modern times. There's a cougar thing but I've never actually known a guy my age to want to marry an older woman. Usually that's more for the conquest and to say they've done it than a real relationship.

Back in the late 80's I was in my 20's, I used to bang some older chicks like in the late 30's. Back in my time we never talked about it or bragged about, and we kept it undercover. It was just when I was in my 20's I was out for conquests and the girls in their 30's were easy to have sex with.

I find it rather funny that older chick are bragging about having sex with younger guys, Heck a younger guy will have sex with almost female, it about quantity not quality when your are a young man.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I really think it all depends on how big the age gap is (full disclosure, I'm almost 9 years older than my boyfriend) but more importantly than that, what the "lifestyle" gap is. Basically, to me, once everyone is about 25 years old, the biggest gaps come from previous marriages and the existence of children. When I was 29, NO WAY was I going out with a divorced 31 year old who had two children aged 9 and 11 (this was a real situation, too), but easily and happily took up with a never-married-no-kids 37 year old shortly after. And we seemed a lot closer in age, oddly enough.

I understand that men and women are different etc but...really, it's not as big a deal as it seems.

Now, the fact that Danielle is a full 15 years older AND has been married (?) and has FOUR children and a grandchild.....yeah. Nope. Nope nope nope. A 41 year old single-no-kids-cougar type bringing over a 26 year old.....maybe I can see that as genuine, you really never do know with people. I would think the exact same about a 41 year old man bringing over a 26 year old female....maybe genuine, you never know. 15 years is pretty huge.

This is exactly what I said/meant. It's the whole package with Danielle. For some reason the only thing that stuck with people was the few words about the age gap and not the rest of what I said ?

Yikes! That's an unpleasant thought! Watching this show, even with the editing and staging, makes me grateful for my fiancé. If I ever felt like applying for the show, I'd never be chosen in a million years. We are just too boring. Nobody in my family thinks he's using me for a green card, we don't have criminal records and (most of the time lol) neither of us are total jerks to each other.

It is kind of an unpleasant thought, but I know how men of that age are, as I was one, lol.

Interestingly enough even though my wife is from a 3rd world country, and we're 17 years apart in age, no one warned me she was just a green card hunter. Except for two different divorced immigrant women who I know. One of whom I think did marry for a green card. :lol:

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

This is exactly what I said/meant. It's the whole package with Danielle. For some reason the only thing that stuck with people was the few words about the age gap and not the rest of what I said ?

Yeah, it happens. People can get a bit defensive about "touchy" subjects (and the whole ugly truth about how it IS different, rightly or wrongly and from society or nature, for the age gap to be older woman/younger man is a SUPER touchy subject). So, touch on that subject and some people jump a mile. I see what you meant anyway, and largely agree and I'm one of the people who is the butt of that particular joke (sorta. 9 years is....eehhhh...borderline)

Marriage/ AOS Timeline:

23 Jan 2016: "Blizzard of the Century", wedding canceled/rescheduled (thank goodness we were legally married first or we'd have had a big problem!) :sleepy:

24 Jan 2016: Small "civil ceremony" with friends and family who were snowed in with us. December was a bit of a secret and people had traveled internationally and knew we *had* to get married that weekend, and our December legal marriage was nothing but signing a piece of paper at our priest's kitchen table, without any sort of vows etc so this was actually a very special (if not legally significant) day. (L)

16 Apr 2016: Filed for AOS and EAD/AP (We delayed a bit-- no big rush, enjoying the USCIS break)

04 Aug 2016: RFE for Green Card (requested medicals/ vaccination record. They already have it). :ranting:
08 Aug 2016: Congressional constituent request to get guidance on the RFE. Hoping they see they have the form and approve!

K-1 Visa Timeline:

PLEASE NOTE. This timeline was during the period of time when TSC was working on I-129fs and had a huge backlog. The average processing time was 210+ days. This is in no way predictive of your own timeline if you filed during or after April 2015, unless CSC develops a backlog. A backlog is anything above the 5-month goal time listed on USCIS's site

14 Feb 2015: Mailed I-129f to Dallas Lockbox. (L) (Most expensive Valentine's card I've ever sent!)

11 Sep 2015: Packet 3 emailed from embassy to me, the petitioner (34 days from NOA2).

21 Sep 2015: Packet 3 complete, my boss puts a temporary moratorium on all time off due to work emergency :clock:

02 Oct 2015: Work emergency clears up, interview scheduled (soonest available was 5 business days away--Columbus Day was in there)

15 Dec 2015: Fiance's mother's B-2 visa interview: APPROVED! So happy she will be at the wedding! :thumbs:

!

Filed: Other Country: Swaziland
Timeline

You see plenty of younger girls from certain country "attracted" to 60+ year olds with multiple grandchildren so this isn't a biggie iMHO...

It helps to keep "Effect of Major Changes...." subforum going though, favorite of the many :)

Effect of Major Changes is where I go when 90 Day- is between seasons.

Open the door, get on the floor, everybody walk the dinosaur.

-Abraham Lincoln.

Also, totally off topic but I just added my pic and I keep trying to change the crop so it doesn't chop me in the middle of the forehead and it won't take! Am I dumb or does this not work? Or both? Both is a possibility.

Marriage/ AOS Timeline:

K-1 Visa Timeline:

!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

It is kind of an unpleasant thought, but I know how men of that age are, as I was one, lol.

Interestingly enough even though my wife is from a 3rd world country, and we're 17 years apart in age, no one warned me she was just a green card hunter. Except for two different divorced immigrant women who I know. One of whom I think did marry for a green card. :lol:

Definitely my fiancé being from London is why I've never heard that. Exactly the opposite is true for us. I've had a hell of a time getting him to move here. We've been together for 6 and a half years. Most people think I'm nuts for not moving there, but of course there are a lot of other factors that led to this decision.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Effect of Major Changes is where I go when 90 Day- is between seasons.

Also my favourite

Did strike me that VJ could make a bit of money by making that pay to play. Could be a big money earner.

Has the potential for a few TV series as well. Makes 90 days look tame.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Also, totally off topic but I just added my pic and I keep trying to change the crop so it doesn't chop me in the middle of the forehead and it won't take! Am I dumb or does this not work? Or both? Both is a possibility.

I tried changing my pic and I don't know why but it keeps reverting back and forth between my old pic and my new one.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Definitely my fiancé being from London is why I've never heard that. Exactly the opposite is true for us. I've had a hell of a time getting him to move here. We've been together for 6 and a half years. Most people think I'm nuts for not moving there, but of course there are a lot of other factors that led to this decision.

LOL My wife and I had the same issue for 9 years! She kept saying I should move there and she'd support me. If I could handle living like a Filipino I might have. But I'm used to more than a few comforts I'd have to give up. When she finally truly believed me that we'd move back when I retire, she decided she'd come here. Now she keeps trying to talk me into retiring way early :lol:

I tried changing my pic and I don't know why but it keeps reverting back and forth between my old pic and my new one.

It seems to do that for awhile for many. I think the forum has some strange caching going on with the images.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

I try to change my pic too and put one for our wedding but I cant :(

As about the moving issue, I have a brother who lives in the USA for almost 10 years now. He was married with his childhood gf but after 5 years didn't work out.

When I had my interview they were asking me if my brother knew my then fiancé and if he tried to hook us up and blah blah.... They thought I wanted to move get marry and go live with my brother.

Also my brother lives on the same state as my husband s family so they were more worried!!!

We thought they were about to deny the visa cause their attitude was really bad, they discriminate us and we were on administration process for a month.

So the whole month we were waiting on admin process we were thinking and planing the next steps.

Dana couldn't come in Greece cause there are not jobs. Plus he is black. Greeks hate black ppl and immigrants in general (except If u are a basketball player).

Our plan was for my husband to join the US Army and move in Europe.

We played our last card! To contact the White House and ur congresswoman. After 2-3 days we sent the emails we received our visa.

In conclusion!

People like Danielle and Mohamed *** the whole immigration process. People have to wait for loooooooong time to get the visa and finally live a normal life. Just because "Mohamed" is a scammer.

And is so annoying and pisses me off to see Mohamed get his noa2 in a month. And get a visa.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Mohammed is not that unusual. VJ has its share of seemingly similar relationships.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Mohammed is not that unusual. VJ has its share of seemingly similar relationships.

:yes::yes::yes: although the show may have hit the jackpot in finding a truly drama producing couple with these two.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

I feel guilty, I watch the show, and I have been looking for comments in the Internet.

I wish these couples are being paid well enough.

K

Meet 12/2000; Married 01/2004; AOS 01/2005; R-C 07/2007; Citizen 06/2008
In love for 14 years and happily counting...