2,664 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I got this tidbit from my attorney today...he sent me this in an email...

USCIS informed stakeholders that it is working to address the staffing shortages and workload issues that are causing processing time delays. USCIS stated that it recently transferred cases between all of its service centers in an effort to reduce backlogs, ensure that processing times are consistent across service centers, and provide stakeholders with faster responses. On March 11, 2016, AILA sent a letter to USCIS Director León Rodríguez raising concerns regarding the significant USCIS backlogs in processing applications and petitions for immigration benefits, and a lack of transparency in communicating current processing times to the public. For details on the letter, watch this AILA Quicktake featuring AILA Associate Director of Liaison Kate Voigt.”

I hope that gives all of you that have been waiting sooooo long some hope.

Peace and love!

Joy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

I am not sure what you mean? but if you are talking about the Processing times chart on the USCIS website, the chart says at the bottom "Last Updated: April 28, 2016" on the NSC option something Liondness made me aware of. On the top part says the processing dates for NSC as of February 29, 2016.

I am not quite sure how we are misguiding others?

Uscis didnt updated since feb 2015 so u r misguiding others ??

Jan 24, 17 Visa Issued/printed
Jan 17, 17. Second Interview at US Embassy
MTR Granted and Terminated: Oct. 31, 2016.
MTR filed: Sep, 2016

I-601

May, 2016 Denied on base that I need to file form I-212 instead.

October 5, 2015, we received your Form I-601.

NVC Processing I-130

June 2, 2015 Interview at US embassy in Panama, visa was not issue have to file I-601.

May 12, 2015 US embassy receives visa petition and sent instructions

May 4, 2015, NVC Completed pre-processing of visa petition.

April 24, 2015, NVC received case.

I-130

November 24, 2014, case sent to the Department of State for visa processing.

11/19/2014 approved Form I-130.

04/24/2014 received Form I-130

Timeline

Well at last! LOL... this has been a nightmare and ridiculous how much we have been waiting for applications to get worked on. Hope they actually do address and find a solution to the problem soon.

peace 2 u as well

Hi everyone!

I got this tidbit from my attorney today...he sent me this in an email...

USCIS informed stakeholders that it is working to address the staffing shortages and workload issues that are causing processing time delays. USCIS stated that it recently transferred cases between all of its service centers in an effort to reduce backlogs, ensure that processing times are consistent across service centers, and provide stakeholders with faster responses. On March 11, 2016, AILA sent a letter to USCIS Director León Rodríguez raising concerns regarding the significant USCIS backlogs in processing applications and petitions for immigration benefits, and a lack of transparency in communicating current processing times to the public. For details on the letter, watch this AILA Quicktake featuring AILA Associate Director of Liaison Kate Voigt.”

I hope that gives all of you that have been waiting sooooo long some hope.

Peace and love!

Joy

I-601

NVC Processing I-130

June 2, 2015 Interview at US embassy in Panama, visa was not issue have to file I-601.

I-130

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

All i want to clear is uscis is not working only for i601 waiver there are more other categories so they updated for other this time not for i601 waiver.its sad that they are so slow in each process . They dont know how many hearts are trying to peep into system so they can start their life with their loved ones. Its just i am frustrated too being apart?

Timeline

Yes its very sad how slow USCIS process is for I-601 and many other applications as well, many of us here struggle because of it and its heartbreaking.

I keep hoping and praying for approvals coming our way soon.

All i want to clear is uscis is not working only for i601 waiver there are more other categories so they updated for other this time not for i601 waiver.its sad that they are so slow in each process . They dont know how many hearts are trying to peep into system so they can start their life with their loved ones. Its just i am frustrated too being apart?

I-601

NVC Processing I-130

I-130

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

That seems a bit harsh. It's not misguiding anyone.

I do believe that this isn't an update to the chart though, but an update to the website - it could even be a word correction, etc. I think they will be updating the chart in the next few weeks - probably closer to the May 15th time frame. With the update, they would have updated the chart if that is what they touched. So I'm feeling hopeful the update wasn't anything to do with the processing times (yet).

Let's support each other though and not be judgemental or harsh to others - misguided isn't correct - it is sharing information. We can interpret the information differently or share reasons behind the information. Thanks Lionness for passing the info on!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

No one is misguiding anyone. USCIS processing times chart states that as of February 29, 2016 they were working on I-601 with the rec'd date of August 16, 2015. They updated that information on April 28, 2016 (the date all the way at the bottom of the page).

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do;jsessionid=abco_wGFU_NRl7ke8PXrv

Timeline

Yes as can be seen on the processing times chart...NSC processes many types of petitions and cases. This particular thread is a I-601 Waiver update thread, so we mainly discuss processing of waivers.

Timeline

I got really bad news, My husband had been quiet all weekend long and finally today he called me to tell me he got a letter on saturday from USCIS denying our form I-601 saying i need to file I-212 because I was removed. But when my husband talked to USCIS they say I-212 doesn't apply to me because I was never physically removed or processed to be removed and that US embassy is the one that should fix the problem.

Now we been getting this exact answer from any uscis officers they say US embassy are the ones that need fix my problem, and when we try to talk to us embassy they wont hear it all they have told us is to file I-601 and that it was going to get approve, now we are back to square one.

Husband will have to come down to go himself to the US embassy and see if they listen to him since he is a US citizen.

this is a never ending nightmare, right out from hell!!! i cannot help to be so upset by all of these. I just feel very bad for my husband who didn't tell me until today because he was just in a dark place after getting the hell letter.

I-601

NVC Processing I-130

I-130

Timeline

I got really bad news, My husband had been quiet all weekend long and finally today he called me to tell me he got a letter on saturday from USCIS denying our form I-601 saying i need to file I-212 because I was removed. But when my husband talked to USCIS they say I-212 doesn't apply to me because I was never physically removed or processed to be removed and that US embassy is the one that should fix the problem.

Now we been getting this exact answer from any uscis officers they say US embassy are the ones that need fix my problem, and when we try to talk to us embassy they wont hear it all they have told us is to file I-601 and that it was going to get approve, now we are back to square one.

Husband will have to come down to go himself to the US embassy and see if they listen to him since he is a US citizen.

this is a never ending nightmare, right out from hell!!! i cannot help to be so upset by all of these. I just feel very bad for my husband who didn't tell me until today because he was just in a dark place after getting the hell letter.

I know just what it feels like when USCIS and the embassy dont agree and refuse to communicate with each other....experienced that first hand myself. The only one who could sort it out for us was our lawyer. Do you have one?

Timeline

LionessDeon, No i don't have a lawyer we did consult a couple and both said they should approve our I-601, but i am thinking we need one. Our problem is affording it, i am not working I care for our 2 children and its been hard to find reliable care for them and i had to quit my jobs, but that's another story.

My husband is currently in the clinic because his blood pressure went up and has been since he got the news, HR at his work sending him home because he was just not doing well. This is really the most horrible thing i have ever endured, i am desperate and very scared for my husband health and emotional stability.

I-601

NVC Processing I-130

I-130

Timeline

I am so sorry to hear this! It so stressful already and then to have this mess on top of it. I hope you can get it all sorted out. Maybe a congressman could help.

Thank you, right now we are open to any suggestions, he did mention about talking to senator but i will tell him about contacting congressman... I mean we need to keep fighting, we have children that miss their daddy so very much and he misses them and I know its the reason why he is so bent out of shape.

So if anyone has suggestions that may have worked for them in the past please let us know, we appreciate it.

I-601

NVC Processing I-130

I-130

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.